Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-16, 12:37 AM  
videofit

I will be watching this thread for your reviews on F.lux before I install it. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop but would rather not screw anything up yet.
Old 02-08-16, 01:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I'm not sure if this is the exact pair, but I have some very similar to this. I like them. They fit over my reading glasses, very lightweight, cheap and chipper!
thanks - i read one of the reviews and a comment to one of the reviews mentioning that Airgas sells deep amber glasses for welders for <$10. We have an airgas distributor in our city. thanks!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 06:02 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

OP: Now I know why I'm posting on VF at 3am! Thanks for making this post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks - i read one of the reviews and a comment to one of the reviews mentioning that Airgas sells deep amber glasses for welders for <$10. We have an airgas distributor in our city. thanks!!!
Thanks for this link. I think I should buy a pair of those Uvex Skyper (model # 3S1933X) glasses to keep by my bedside.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 07:13 AM  
Diana3271

The download/install was really easy. I actually changed it to have even less blue at night. I have it set for dim incandescent 2300k. Again, I'm not familiar with all of that information.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 07:15 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I will be watching this thread for your reviews on F.lux before I install it. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop but would rather not screw anything up yet.
I've been using f.lux for a long time. At least a year, maybe two. I haven't had any problems.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 07:52 PM  
Diana3271

Thank you for the f lux recommendation. Everything is working just fine with it. Which setting is everyone using? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-08-16, 08:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
OP: Now I know why I'm posting on VF at 3am! Thanks for making this post!
Thanks for this link. I think I should buy a pair of those Uvex Skyper (model # 3S1933X) glasses to keep by my bedside.
the local Airgas doesn't have convenient hours, so i decided to buy both versions of the Uvex glasses from Amazon.

1 version is you wear them over your glasses, the other is worn w/o your glasses. together, the price was $17 and qualifies for free shipping.

some of the reviews/testimonies said they wear it 3 hours before bedtime and their insomnia was solved.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 02-08-16, 10:33 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the local Airgas doesn't have convenient hours, so i decided to buy both versions of the Uvex glasses from Amazon.

1 version is you wear them over your glasses, the other is worn w/o your glasses. together, the price was $17 and qualifies for free shipping.

some of the reviews/testimonies said they wear it 3 hours before bedtime and their insomnia was solved.
Thanks - I don't need glasses, so the regular ones should work for me. Do you have to wear them the entire time for 3 hrs, or just if you are using a screen close to bedtime (after the sun goes down)?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 11:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Thanks - I don't need glasses, so the regular ones should work for me. Do you have to wear them the entire time for 3 hrs, or just if you are using a screen close to bedtime (after the sun goes down)?
several of the reviewers' notes seem to indicate it's for 3 hours straight. i guess you will personify Fearless Fly until bedtime.

one person said they no longer need sleep meds.

i don't know enough about blue lights, but i remember reading about insomnia, and the author even suggested facing your clock away from you at night to improve the darkness. according to this link, they're everywhere, including fluorescent lights.

Old 02-09-16, 09:13 PM  
Diana3271

I forgot to mention that I think I slept better and deeper last night since using f. lux. Not sure if it's a coincidence. I think I am still interested in getting glasses. Not sure if I will get readers or the protective glasses type. I inquired at readers.com. They recommended these two styles:

http://www.readers.com/The-Jason-Fle...Melanin+Lenses

http://www.readers.com/The-Graham-Fl...Melanin+Lenses

The reviews are not good due to the glasses not holding up very well.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana

Tags
amber glasses, blue light glasses, blue light readers