Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-20, 10:31 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Getting Better (Upper Body workout)

I spent about 20 minutes trying to decide what workout to do today. It was so annoying that I almost didn't workout. I'm glad I did Getting Better though. It was just right for today.

Beth, that book sounds interesting. Once you finish the book, I'd like to hear what you thought was the most helpful thing that you learned.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 04:40 PM  
Anny

Beth I lecture in social justice and theology at university part time (my Masters is theology) and also work as a Senior Manager full time for a global corporate that manages preschools, I oversee curriculum and compliance in 21 preschools in Sydney (my undergrad was in education).

That book you mentioned sounds interesting. I know one thing that I appreciate about yoga is the focus on the breath and when I do yoga regularly that focus seems to transfer to every day life.

Garrie I love your workout plans for next week when work is busy. It seems like Essentrics was just what you needed.

Paine I hate it when I spend ages trying to decide what workout to do! At the moment I am trying to plan that on my commute home from work.

Sandra I’m glad you enjoyed that Jessica Smith workout even though it seems the title was misleading. Adriene has a yoga practice that has something like chill in the title but then she does planks and sun salutations and I’m like, um that is not chill for me!

Yesterday I did an Express Walk from Leslie’s YouTube channel. Today I’m thinking that a good exercise for after work will be yoga as it will be Friday evening. Yay! Friday!
Old 08-06-20, 08:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I guess I remembered correctly about you working for university--but may have also been confused since you have 2 jobs. Your jobs sound interestingly diverse!

Paine, I hate when I lose time like that to deciding what workout to do!

I had a little workout uncertainty myself today. During my lunch hour I did 50 minutes of one of my YTT yin practices, but I only got a little more than halfway since it was about 90 minutes long (most of the sequences start with long meditation and pranayama). After work, I thought about doing the rest, but I was worn out and tired of looking at screens, so I took a nice SAW in the beautiful early evening.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 09:03 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I skipped a workout today as I was engrossed in a fun mystery.

Beth: I think my toe appreciates the little break, but I do want to take a nice walk tomorrow morning. Getting a pair of really excellent walking shoes is on my "to do" list, but of course finding a store that can properly fit me is problematic right now. That book sounds interesting. I notice I am doing quite a bit of mouth breathing while wearing my mask in the library, especially if I am performing physical tasks.

Paine: I just repurchased Margaret's Triple Threat. Its layout is awkward, but there are a lot of good segments -- I'll have to create my own premixes!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 06:50 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

A quick fly by......I've been awake since 4-ish, so I did a few things around the house and made myself a lovely omelet with local eggs, mushrooms and onions. It was delish. Hopefully I can get more local mushrooms at the market tomorrow.

I'll catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana you were up early! I hope the omelet made it better.

This is the end of my first "back" to work week. I don't have any Zoom meetings today, so it should be a little less harried.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-07-20, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Getting Better (Lower Body workout)

For the lower body workout I wore 2.5 pounds on each ankle. Next time I'll try wearing 5 pounds on each thigh so it will be a bit more challenging.
It cracks me up when during a challenging part of an exercise, Margaret will say "Anyone know any jokes?".

Sandra, I agree about the layout of Triple Threat being awkward. I'll be interested in seeing the premixes you create with it.

Cyana, I love mushrooms but don't like washing them, especially when I have to wash 4 pounds of them for roasting in the oven.

Beth, overall how was your first week back at work?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:06 PM  
cyana

I had to pop in and share this link for a Friday Funny:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lin-teufelssee

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:12 PM  
Garrie A.

Happy Friday!

Wednesday:
TAUGHT Cardio class
The Firm: Low Impact Aerobics (aka Volume 2, or "The One Where Wayne Gretzky's Wife Fries My Shoulders")

Yesterday:
TAUGHT Zumba class

Today:
Cathe's STS Total Body

It's been ages since I did STS Total Body. From memory, last time I pulled it out was over a year ago! And after doing it today, I need to do it more often. It's such an excellent, challenging workout (that prompted me to get the STS program). I wanted to get a good strength day in before I start my active recovery week. Next time I plan on pulling out my lifting straps for the deadlifts. My forearms were stinging by the last lower body triset, when it was time for the wide stance deadlifts.

Sandra: Triple Threat was the only Margaret I never clicked with. I loved the outdoor scenery but I didn't like how it was structured. I'm interested to see how you use it.

Beth: Although my Facebook page is called "Step Wythe Garrie," I do plan on several non-step workouts including another cardio mash-up. Right now I don't know when I'll get to film again (hopefully in a few weeks). Yes, I work at a community college. So far, enrollment has been down a bit from last week. The college is closed to the public, and students are only allowed on campus for those requiring in-person instruction (powerline program, dental, etc.). Right now we don't plan on opening back up until January. So everything is online. I'm interested in hearing more about that book. How was your first week back to work?

Cyana: I love omelets (and have them twice a week or so), but the grocery store I shop at was part of an onion recall this past week. So instead of omelets this week, I had to make breakfast wraps with turkey bacon, eggs, and spinach. A strange but true fact about me: I hate mushrooms. LOL!

Paine: I sometimes have trouble picking a workout for the day. Generally, I have a plan but often veer off course more times than I care to count!

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Haha cyana that is hilarious!

Garrie, interesting that the college is staying (mostly) virtual.

Paine, Margaret does have a good sense of humor!

RE my first week of work, it was okay. Of course, I was remote after expecting to be in the office, which was weird. And now it is still up in there air regarding whether I will be going back to the office. Our governor has extended the work-from-home order to October 2nd, but many places are phasing people back in, and the director of our department (which is Student Health and Counseling and which is mostly located in the main health center building) had wanted 1 counselor/day in the office. But the counseling director is arguing that if we are fully doing teletherapy, that's not needed. Plus, some of our staff have higher risk medical conditions and will likely request the accommodation of staying at home, so that's making things more uncertain too. It should be resolved within the next few weeks; it's just more uncertainty for this ever-uncertain situation!

Follow me @YogiBethC