Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-20, 10:05 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHend View Post
Hi All!

So, I got busy yesterday and forgot to check in! On wednesday July 29th, I did Jenny Ford's Step Across America California. Very pretty view of the ocean in the background. I love step and used to do it regularly (many years ago). Now I still do the moves, but without a step! LOL! A 30 minute workout is the max I can do right now.

Yesterday, thursday July 30th, I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and did back rehab exercises and stretching for 20 minutes.

Thanks to all of you with suggestions for giving my kitty her meds. She has a very low appetite due to her illness. Mixing the med in her food didn't work too well because she doesn't eat enough wet food to get all the med. Pill pockets worked a couple of times, but no longer. Now I am crushing the pill, mixing with a bit of fish broth and administering with an oral syringe. We'll see how long this lasts! I love my IttyBitty, so I keep trying!
Randi, I used to love step too! I did it way back when Buns of Steel first became popluar. LOL! I remember we did a video in my high school PE class one day and I was hooked! It has been so long since I've done a step workout, I might have to revisit it!
Old 07-31-20, 12:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I did Exhale Core Fusion Cardio Pure Intensity today. That one pooped me out! Skipped the last core segment...too tired.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 07:48 PM  
pharma_gal

Hello all

I am joining this check in starting tomorrow. I am officially restarting and truly looking for a new beginning. I have had a very stressful year personally and am recently divorced. I haven’t worked out much at all this year due to stress and all the personal things going on in addition to the COVID lockdown.

My goal is mostly getting into a consistent routine again even though I have several pounds to lost that i put on this past year. I am subscribed to Mil Hoy’s streaming service and will be starting with his 100 day Summer challenge. The workouts start at beginner level so it will be good for me and he also shows a lot of modifications. I will also be adding some Cathe And yoga as needed and maybe some kickboxing which I really love. Will post here as much as I can and will read all posts regularly. I need the encouragement at this time. I also want to start a consistent meditation practice. Thanks and have a god night everyone!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 04:34 AM  
dlb

Hi all - Another day of weeding / trimming (2 hours). Hopefully everyone can enjoy the weekend.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 12:45 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I got sidetracked yesterday and only did half an hour on the treadmill and the CS waist & leg stuff.
Pretty much the same today, except longer on the treadmill.

pharma_gal, I've never heard of Mil Hoy, but I'm going to check it out. Welcome!

Squishy, now I'm getting more motivated to use my spin bike! Can you use Peloton workouts without a subscription?

So many of the posts make me want to do a workout, and it's cooler today, so maybe I'll actually do it!

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 04:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello ladies,

I've done no formal workout yet today, but got another (late night) workout in before bedtime last night. It was from Jessica's Feel Good Fusion Cardio Flow DVD. I haven't been doing much in the way of cardio, so this was a nice way to end the day!

Welcome, pharma_gal!

Be back later, if I add something more....

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 07:18 PM  
RHend

Yesterday I did Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 6 week Transformation. Today I did Cardio party from the same set. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off, but I think I will keep going with this set next week. I've never been much for rotations (I have a short attention span lol!), but I'm going to give it a try!
Old 08-02-20, 02:51 AM  
dlb

Yesterday was 3 1/4 hours weeding. Today will be the same. We are expecting rain into tomorrow morning, I'll plan on a actual dvd. In many ways, it'll feel like a rest day. I hope everyone is well.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 08:04 AM  
pharma_gal

So the workout didn’t happen yesterday but i did workout this morning. Omg my first workout after so very long. Workout 1 initiation felt good I did have to modify a few things but not too bad as it was beginner level to begin with. I may do some stretching later. I am also going to focus on meal prep this week. Have a great Sunday everyone!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:46 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Meal prep, huh, maybe I should try that. I usually end up fixing a salad, frozen meal, or a bowl of cereal. Truly. If I think about food too early in the day, to plan a meal, I get hungry, and start snacking.

Yesterday after I posted I did a few minutes of a walking without any talking workout, and then part of Leslie's Happy Walk, both from YouTube. Got called away during the Leslie, but put it 10 Minute Solution Pilates and did the Sculpt segment, so actually did a dvd workout!

I've done over an hour on the treadmill and the CS waist stuff this morning, and leg and hip flexor stretches.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile