Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-20, 10:02 AM  
Buzzer

Bob Harper yoga... DONE!

I love this yoga. no endless vinyasas, no just trying to stretch your hammies so I can touch my toes... just fun. I seem to be doing more yoga lately, which I think is great. I have been talking about how I need it!!

Yesterday was our anniversary, so we went to dinner at the most amazing steakhouse. We have only eaten there a handful of times because it is so expensive, and we went all out last night. We ate what we wanted. It was probably way more than we should have spent, but it was soooooo good. We all enjoyed it!!

I took the puppy out of the camper yesterday, and he took off across the yard with me attached to the leash. I couldn't stop him. I was trying to keep up, he was pulling so hard I couldn't keep my balance. I stepped in a hole, twisted my knee, and as I fell I was pulling on him and he came flinging towards me. I felt so bad, but man, that HURT. So yesterday I got him a harness, and we need to start training him. I did the yoga to try to work out the pain. I can straighten my knee, but bending it hurts. It also hurts once I get it to bend to straighten it. Luckily it doesn't really hurt when I walk, but when I step up or step down it does. it's just a mess. I'm sure having that happen when my knees and muscles were already weak after doing leg day didn't help.

It was horrible and put me in a bad mood all day. I was mad at him. So LB and I get in the car to get a harness, and about 1/2 mile from home my car displays the message "A/C not working because engine overheat". Same thing it did before... apparently on August 7 of last year. So I took it to the dealership and got a loaner car. The lady said as long as it's the same part it'll be under warranty and no charge. it had better be!!!

Then we went looking for shoes for LB to protect her feet around the horses... there are none that we found. I got her some tennis shoes, which will be OK... not great, but better than what she's been wearing. DH suggested Big R so we will try there today. So I was glad to go to the steak house. Made the day a little better!!

Eventmom: I am so glad you are able to get back to NM!!! Does that mean their 2 week quarantine when you get there is over? That's great!! So two of my nephews and about 5 of their friends are taking the semester off. Too many unknowns around the school year, and they aren't comfortable with it. I bet a lot of kids are doing the same thing. So stressful. I'm proud of them for making the decision though!!

Ebianco: Have a good week!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 02:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi there,

Sorry I have been MIA again! The past few days have been a blur for me. I haven't been feeling well (not COVID or anything just run down) and took an unplanned rest day yesterday after my planned rest days on Monday and Tuesday.

Today I was feeling a little better so decided to try for a "normal" day (I pretty much spent the last two or three days in bed) and did Firm Cardio Split which I really enjoyed. The extra rest day did make me feel more rejuvenated!

Eventmom I have been doing a teensy amount of plyos but really modifying them. I also thought the country would come together to deal with the pandemic but it really hasn't

Maybe they will go back and change their mind about you having to be there in person? It is all so incredibly stressful.

LOL Total Body Shaping Mix is more long feeling than anything, and it does have a lot of tough clips in it. It is like a 70 minute workout? I think that makes it Firm's longest.

Buzzer My DH and I had our anniversary in May. It was just when they were opening the dining areas of restaurants so we went to a fancy dinner, but that was the only time we have been out really during the pandemic. Anyway happy anniversary!
Old 08-06-20, 05:55 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - 30 min essentrics stretch
today - ellen barrett fusion flow - I think this was a thrift store find. it was okay. not totally my type of workout. hiked to the gorge.

buzzer - I'm so sorry the puppy hurt you! for being around horses, anything leather is good. So any type of leather boot. Don't let her ride in tennis shoes, anything without a heel can slip through a stirrup and become very dangerous (I think you said she is not riding but this stuff is what I know so here I am saying stuff). They changed the quarantine to allow essential farm ranch business so we are fudging. But compared to so many others, we are being very careful to only stay two days. It's good we came, we need to replace the cover on the evaporative cooler as it's just gone.

ebianco - I still think it's great you can do any plyos!

well we take off tomorrow hopefully I will buy the horse trailer on the way home!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 09:38 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Build back and Bis... DONE!
Bob Harper Yoga.. DONE!

I really focused on the back and bis. I changed the first set of bis to a preacher curl on the ball, which I feel more than just the lift and lower it's supposed to be. There's lift and lower for hammers and wide bis, so I figure it's good to keep it interesting too. I also went down to the floor and did my back rows ala Firm style. I like that better than on the bench anyhow. My knee is still bugging me and it seemed to bug me less on the floor then bent on the bench. I don't know why!!

I am loving Bob Harpers Yoga. It's shorter than P90X yoga, kinda like it but with less vinyasas, no balancing on the hands or eternal frog pose like P90X yoga, and I don't feel like he's trying to destroy me like P90X does. I'm challenged, but it's not completely out of my league. I pulled out the other Yoga's I have afterwards, and I will have to look them up so I don't just do Bob's yoga and burn myself out on it.

I noticed my Rip 60 (the one with the straps you hang on the door) has a yoga, so I might preview that one. Tomorrow I do my shoulders in body beast, then I'll probably do a yoga again, or a stretch. My knee still hurts to I am liking the yoga to hopefully get blood to it and stretch it out.

I took a nap yesterday, so last night I slept like crap. Up late and cranky, up early and frustrated. Hopefully tonight is better. I have to admit, I slept better in the tent than in the camper!!

Eventmom: Good tip!! If you think of things let me know. My sister had a horse when we were kids, but she always wore tennis shoes. I had no idea that's why people didn't wear tennies! I got her some steel toed shoes that are about 2 sizes too big on her, but they don't sell them (or even make them) in her size. So she has to wear big thick socks with them. I feel better though because her feet were essentially unprotected! At least now if she's stomped, she stands a chance. She loves them too. We also went to Kohl's yesterday and I got her some leather cowboy boots for a whole $15. She's going to a riding birthday party next week and she's ready to go full on cowgirl

Ebianco: I can imagine you needed a few days off to rest!! You've been under stress for something like.... forever. we haven't really been out to eat either since like February or March. We were able to go one time to Pho, but that's it. I told DH I missed breakfast (which is ever my only "want" for Mother's Day and my Birthday) and he said "we will have to do something about that." I hope we can before another shut down!! I think that's why we were all "just get what we want" for the steakhouse. We just needed to be out!!! It was so nice.

So my car is an expensive fix, not the same thing as the last time. I have to breathe and remind myself it was a good value when we bought it, I've had it 3 years with next to no money spent on it, and we don't have a car payment. Hopefully I pick it up today. Plus, they give me a loaner car to use, so I can't complain about being without a car. We just have to get through it.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-07-20, 02:51 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

I decided to make today a hybrid strength/cardio and recovery day, so that tomorrow I could follow my normal routine of strength and then run/barre on Sunday.

So I did a big mishmash of workouts today - Simone Rebounding cardio (15 minutes) then Pink Firm Zero in 10 the leg and arm chapters with Rebekah, then finally Fitprime the compilation that has a 20 minute yoga chapter, for an overall 55 minutes.

I haven't worked out with Rebekah or any of the Pink Firms in a long time, but I really enjoyed the two chapters I did. The legs was all standing work (squats, lunges, etc.) first weighted and then drop the weights for a plyo set with the same exercise - so weighted squats then plyo squats, etc. That was tough! I take it very easy on the plyos but I was able to do all the reps. There weren't just too many reps of anything. Then I had arms with her and it was okay, next time I know to go heavier because she doesn't do many reps on certain exercises. I still really enjoyed it. There were some cardio bursts.

Have either of you watched the Harry Potter movies? I was looking at Rebekah today and she looked very familiar, and I realize she reminds me a lot of the more young adult (later movies) age of Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potters LOL. They have a very similar face, they could be related! Maybe it's because I watched the Harry Potter movies not too long ago.

Eventmom LOL I have Ellen's Fusion Flow on my shelf and have never done it, even once. I bought it because it was easier and I liked the look of it, but never pick it up because I think it will be too easy? The vidiot complex LOL

Buzzer Uh I also have Bob Harper's yoga workout and have never done it, LOL I believe I did the strength and cardio workouts from that set at some point in time.

Work really is stressful...I expect it to become less stressful this fall (November/December) when the big project we are working on will be completed. Lately I just feel tired all the time. Like I can sleep for 10 hours, and still want another 2-3 hours?? I think some of it is from the increased strength training, but a lot of it is just probably stress related. I've also heard that due to COVID and staying at home, a lot of people seem to need more sleep.

Ugh I hope your knee is feeling better!! I would be mad at the puppy too for trailing me along.

And is your car fixed?
Old 08-08-20, 11:24 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Build Shoulders.. DONE!

Done with week 1 of the third block... block 1 is build, 2 is bulk, 3 is alternating the two. I love it!! I am taking my time, organizing our homeschooling stuff between sets, and just pushing myself more. I am done at the end of every set, instead of how fast Sagi does it where you don't have time to recover enough to go heavy on the next set. I'm sure he has a rhythm to his madness, but I enjoy it more like this. If I am not gonna see weight loss or inches lost, at least I'm gonna enjoy the workout!

I got rid of a lot of my tutoring supplies, I am not going to go back to tutoring the foundations level in CC, so I am not keeping the supplies. this is LB's last year in Foundations, then she moves to "essentials" which is the next level up, so I decided I don't need all the stuff. If I do, I will create new or find other things. as she changes and ages, so will our supplies and materials!!

I am starting to work on my diet again. I am going to work on gluten first, and try to really focus on getting it out of my diet. Once I am good at that, I am attacking sugar. I took a nap the other day and felt an ick from my stomach all the way up to my mouth, like I had bad breath that just went all the way down. I know I feel like that a lot, and in researching I think I have acid reflux. I have been told that before, but never knew what to do. Now I have a plan and am gonna see.... at lest taking gluten out will take care of other issues too. It can't hurt!!

So far, yesterday I had just a little and today so far, none. It's a learning curve to see where it is though.

I got my car back. It was actually a little cheaper than I thought it would be. She said there was a hairline crack in a tube thing that carries radiator fluid, and occasionally an air bubble would get in there. That's what triggered the warning. I asked if it could be related to the lady that hit me, she said it's possible but not provable. So we have to pay for it. She said there was no way to even see the crack without taking out the part, and even then they had trouble finding it, so the collision people never would have known. The leak was so slow that it held the part together though. So anyhow, it's fixed, I'm not happy it could be from the accident, but I guess I have to let it go.

Ebianco: you should do the yoga. If you like P90X yoga... well, kinda... it's like a super abbreviated P90X yoga. Less asanas and less repeating. He gets to the point, and is done. He even has ab exercises in it like P90X yoga. I did a rotation for like a week or two of Bob's workout that came with it, and it was soooo hard. I thought most of it was pointless and just put in to torture people, so I didn't keep doing the rotation. I have thought about trying some of the workouts again though!!

I got the puppy a harness, and although it's a big pain in the you know what to get it on him, I love it!! He is much easier to control. DH let him off the leash into the yard for about 15 minutes yesterday. He did good, but I am nervous!! he gets so excited and runs so fast that I am afraid he will hurt that tendon. My knee still hurts to bend it and extend it, but I am hoping the yoga will help it.

I think I have Fusion flow also, haven't tried it!! HA! I did some Ellen's, after buying a bunch from the raves on the GD, and after doing one or two I hated them. I still have them, I have no idea why. I should either try them or get rid of them!!!

Waves Eventmom! I hope you are having fun in NM!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-09-20, 09:48 AM  
Buzzer

Tony Horton Alahakoana yoga.... DONE!
Rodney Yee Daily Yoga Ab yoga and clear it out.. DONE!

The Tony yoga was good! Instead of a "yoga belly 7" he does some rotation exercises in a partial sumo squat, and some leg exercises. Only 20 of each, but it was fun. Some yoga, some strength, some stretch. It was nice, and only 26 or 27 minutes. So I added on 2 of the Rodney Yee Daily yogas... Strengthen the core and clear it out. Lots of forward bends (in clean it out), quick asanas in both, and holding down dog (in the ab one). I really like my yoga where I don't have to watch the TV, and I haven't done Rodney Yee yoga in a long time. I forgot that he is good at cuing!! I didn't really have to look at the TV at all. It was nice, a good stretch, a good workout, and a good "rest" day!!

Tony looked about 20 in his workout. He was so young! Still had some stupid jokes though, which was fun.

LB helped the lady train her horse last night again. The lady said LB is helping her as much as she is helping LB. She looks forward to LB coming over, and it's keeping her motivated to train the horse. So it's a win both ways!! It was getting dark by the time they were done, and LB was disappointed as always when they were done. She is loving it!! The ladies husband and I are good friends, and so we were talking about horse injuries. I know they are always possible, I just hope I can hold off on getting any until she is older! My sister had a horse when we were younger, and man, she seemed like she was always getting stepped on, bruised, and even a few broken bones. I know I can't protect LB from everything, but I can pray she holds off on it until she's more grown

We have swim lessons this week, so I will have to either workout a little earlier or later. We have to hit the road right about the time I usually finish my workout. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet!!

Hope you guys are having a great weekend! We are putting up a new gate this afternoon, and probably just doing stuff around the house and yard. always lots to do anyhow.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-09-20, 05:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Friday- 30 min classical stretch from her aging backwards - a thrift store find of all things relatively easy but good.
Sat - TA beg #2 + 15 minTA cardio
Today - TA beg #2 - 20 min cardio

buzzer- we drove back friday. Stopped and bought a horse trailer but 13 hours to get home. Since this trailer is bigger than my old one, I drove most of it and drove at the end in Oklahoma city in the dark - so terrible migraine yesterday. But I got a cool new trailer. On horse stuff - I belonged to 'pony club' (not just for ponies but the british term for any child appropriate horse) so I had to learn so much safety, horse care knowledge, etc. And then I was a pony club mom I've just been around it so much.

ebianco - I think Ellen is definitely for a light day but it's not super super easy. I think I'd rather do a shorter workout when I want something easy rather than 40-45. sorry you are dealing with so much stress. At least you are able to sleep that seems like a good sign to me!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 05:35 AM  
Buzzer

rest day... DONE!

I think I need a few rest days. I took yesterday off because I slept horribly, then crawled back in bed at like 4am and didn't wake up until 7:30am. We had to do swim lessons at 8:50, so I was in a panic getting ready. The day just progressed, and although I could have lifted in the afternoon, it was hot (85ish degrees) and I just needed a day off. I can workout today, I am up early enough, but I think I am taking today off too.

My knee still hurts to bend, and once it bends it hurts to extend, my wrists are weak since last year, I'm not sleeping well, I twisted my ankle on my good leg yesterday and although it's good to walk on, I feel a little pain in the front of my ankle now. Not bad, just a bit. My leg muscles feel sore still and aren't recovering, I am just finding sore muscles, aches and pains everywhere.... my whole body seems to be aching, hurt, or weak. So I am taking some time off and will use LB's swim lessons as an excuse. I haven't had a few days off in a long time, so maybe it's time.

Plus I am working on taking out gluten and cutting back sugar. The gluten thing I have tried before, but after reading about the effects it can have on the body, I am back on the wagon. It might help with my aches and pains and my ability to recover. Sugar too. However I am focusing on the gluten piece, and the sugar when I can. I just need to take some time and focus on me and my health. Hard with a kid constantly there and distracting me from starting dinner early/making lunch/getting things done, but I am going to try!

Now that the school year is kinda starting for all our friends, I need to get on that too. Get some days out of the way so we can take some time off this winter/spring. We have gotten a few done, and I'm keeping tract of our "here and there" school time. We need to do the serious sit down with the white board more. Lots I'm trying to focus on this week too, so a good week to take a few days off!!

Today we are meeting a friend at the reservoir to swim and have some sand time. Hopefully I can shake off some of the overwhelmingness I feel, and can relax and refocus! We have our blocks coming for the garage next week, so we will have that going on real soon. Lots to do and lots to think about.

Eventmom: congratulations on the new trailer! I hope it's what you wanted. I know you said you have been looking for a while. They have "Westernaires" here, I think it starts at 9 years old. Working with the neighbor is a good opportunity for her, I just have some concerns that the lady isn't being completely safe with LB. I have been walking the older dog up with us and watching from the dirt road just outside the arena, and I have decided that I will leave the dog at home and go with her. I can stand outside the arena when the lady is training with LB, however in the pasture when the horses are running and bucking and being horses, I want to make sure I am there. I need to protect this kid, it's one of my jobs, and I can't do that when I am on the road with the dog too far away to react.

She's had some close calls, not the ladies fault, her fault or the horses... just accidental close calls. Horses are big, and sometimes unpredictable, just like any animal. She's really learning some excellent skills though, so I am grateful to the neighbor for the opportunity!! Most activities she can do right now that are organized are for riding horses. She finds that fun, but not as fun as learning about the body language, how to train them and control them. Since she wants to be a tiger trainer when she grows up, I told her she can learn how to control and train an animal and use some of these skills in not only tiger training, but in regular day to day life. It's been really good for her, even though it's hard on my Mom heart!!

Ebianco: I swear I still think of you when I see air fryers. LB and I were admiring some yesterday at a store. HA! What a thing to be thought of for, right?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-12-20, 01:19 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week-

Saturday: Firm Fat Blaster some cardio and abs, then Firm Tough Tape 2. I love both of these workouts! Tough Tape 2 has always been one of my favorites.

Sunday: Run outside and Pure Barre Focus Abs, the warm up through seat, for about a 70 minute workout. This Pure Barre Focus Abs is I think my favorite Pure Barre workout along with Focus Arms.

Mon-Tues: Planned rest days

Today: Pink Firm 500 Calorie Workout with Kelsie Daniels. I wasn't really planning to mix in my Pink Firms but was really happy with the Firm Zero in 10 workout last week. I liked it, but wouldn't say I LOVED it (apparently I did LOVE it per my notes doing this one multiple times a few years ago, LOL). It went really fast until about the 45 minute mark (it's a 60 minute workout) and then it felt like it dragged a little. But to be fair, I usually only do a 45-50 minute workout on weekdays. Towards the end I was thinking ANOTHER cardio? ANOTHER toning? I do like that this one is equally 50/50 cardio and toning. I wouldn't call it strength, I could not use more than 5# weights. Kelsie is great but the fast, complex moves are annoying. I hope my knee feels okay tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to do another new Cathe, I think Low Impact Athletic Training. It looks really fun, she uses the loop, gliders, etc in this one.

Eventmom You nailed it about the light workout days. I just can't really commit to a 45 minute workout if I want something easy. Even if I end up working out that long with two or three 10-15 minute workouts strung together. I will say however her Crunch Yoga-Pilates blend is pretty relaxing. I may pull that one out on my recovery day on Friday.

Buzzer That is hilarious about the air friers!! I still use mine almost every day. This time of year, I have been getting local produce (eggplant, okra, green beans, etc.) from the farmers market, and then "frying"/grilling them in the air frier. They are melt in my mouth!! And the air frier is still my preferred cooking method for fish.

I am always on a war against sugar (with mixed results, currently I'm pretty married to my daily dark chocolate squares but I rarely eat cookies, ice cream, etc. or even too many fruits) and I haven't tried to tackle gluten but I can definitely see the merits. I do generally try to keep my carbs low, and only eat bread once or twice a week on the weekends. I rarely eat pasta (and when I do I try to eat the lentil or bean variety) and I just don't like rice or other grains too much. The only one I may eat more frequently is oatmeal but even that I don't have too often, maybe a couple of times a month. Carbs, like sugar, is the more I eat, the more I have cravings to eat, and the less I eat, the less I have cravings to eat. I know it messes with my head. And it doesn't help that companies make hyper-palatable food. Ugh.

I'm really sorry to hear your knee is still hurting. Even my knee, although it is really back to normal, still hurts to repeatedly bend and extend (like I avoid doing knee repeaters for instance). It doesn't hurt per se but it doesn't feel good. And your ankle! I hope you feel better soon! Maybe take a bath with epsom salts? And ice your knees or other joints? I still ice my knees every day after I exercise. Now that it's been a couple of hours since I did that Pink Firm, I'm suspicious that I slightly tweaked my knee and need to be more careful...ugh.