Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-20, 04:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA/Meta Continuity & anything else Spring 2020

Well it won't be spring today when the low is below freezing but time for a new thread!

We started out as a TA/Meta thread and some have moved to other types of workouts so all welcome. We post sometimes everyday sometimes less often.

So ALL WELCOME!

Happy Easter!

Friday - TA goop 15 minute + 10 TA lower body express + TA DC 1.2
Saturday - Jacquelyn Umph Barre (from alo moves) + caribbean aerobics
Today - a different jacquelyn barre + 20 TA cardio

ebianco - that's funny that you found your own post about workout you were thinking buying! Vcore is sort of a weird workout, I don't love it but I don't think I'd ever get rid of it because it works you in a unique way.

hi buzzer
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:34 AM  
Buzzer

Took a day off Yesterday... DONE!
Did cardio on Saturday, don't remember which one.. DONE!
Lower body sculpt 1... DONE!
Abs of Steel original workout 1... DONE!

LBS1 was a "newer" Firm. It was good. 1/2 hour, but it was mostly step ups! Not a killer workout, but I was sweating pretty good, out of breath, and had to pause a few times. I didn't feel overworked, am disappointed it was all lunges, squats and step ups, and no hip raises or floor work. However, I added on AOS workout 1, and she did some hip raises so it made me feel better about it! I used my 15's on LBS1, and although I enjoyed it, I don't feel as worked out as I do with the classics. I feel like I got a great cardio workout though. I dunno. It was good.

Abs of Steel was fun! I loved, again, that I haven't heard her say some of these phrases in sooooo long and I remembered them all!! The one about your abs waking up and talking, keeping an apple under your chin, and even the exercises. I still laugh that she says to take it from the top after a stretch, and she gets two exercises in, the music ends, and she stretches. After 20 something years, she still can't fit it in to take it from the top!!

We have snow. On Saturday we were outside all day, even got sunburnt! We raked, we worked on the future garage, and when we howled at 8pm, we barely needed jackets.

Yesterday, Easter Sunday, snow. So far we have about 6" 9and more on the way today). It was so cold, when we went to drop off the candy we got for the neighbors, we were only out for about 3 or 4 minutes to give it to them, and we FROZE. One of our elderly neighbors made the comment to the lady up the street that her husband was sad he didn't have jellybeans on Easter, so since I had some extra bags I bought to give to my nephews and niece after this is over, we went over and put them on their porch. The kids can live without jelly beans!!

Today it is about 14 degrees. Two days ago? 70. So 14 feels colder than it would otherwise!!

So for Easter I cooked up some of the steaks we got from the super expensive restaurant. They were selling a box of steaks for $100, so we got a box. There were like 8 steaks, and 4 hamburger patties. Holy cow!! They were amazing!! I basically put salt, butter and garlic on them, and they made me look like a great cook!! I told DH we would have to buy about 5 or 6 boxes so we don't ever have to go out to eat again. They were so amazing. I guess that makes me understand that paying more for a steak IS worth it. I never knew!

Ebianco: I'm glad you are getting your workouts in. Cracked me up that you are thinking of getting a brace for your good knee since it feels so good on your bad one!! HA! You are making me think that if I have a lazy day or aren't feeling well, I should try to do a firm sitting down. I never thought of it, but now I kinda want to try it. I keep thinking of you with your other house for sale. This just seems like bad timing. I don't know if anyone is buying right now, because everyone is so scared! Are they even out looking at houses? do you have to sanitize the whole house between visits? ugh.

Eventmom: Are you guys getting this snow too, or just cold? I don't understand why your asthma Doc had you come in either. That just seems weird, like something they could have done over the phone or on zoom or something. Who knows.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 11:17 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga in the garden of serenity - it's a stretching, restorative yoga practice that are actually really hard to find on dvd.

buzzer - so far the snow has missed us - we were supposed to have flurries today but they missed us. Might get some tonight. It is warming up to the high 40s today but below freezzing for 2 more nights. This cold snap will kill the bulbs my husband planted . Glad you guys can get out a bit, I'm out with the horses but probably won't ride until this cold snap passes.
Old 04-14-20, 09:20 AM  
Buzzer

Upper body sculpt... DONE!
Abs of steel program 2.. DONE!

I loved this one. my legs are NOT feeling it from yesterday, but I think that's a "Me" problem and not a "workout" problem. I wasn't feeling too energetic or strong yesterday so I rested a lot and probably didn't apply myself. Today though, on upper body, I used 15's for my heavy weight, 10's for medium. I had to drop to 5's for the anterior delt raises, but then went to 15's on the floor chest work with overheads. My range of motion on the overheads wasn't quite as deep as hers, but I was using the 15's and she was using the sculpting stick. I love the uneven step work in this one for the chest and triceps, even though it destroys me!!!

I realllllly feel worked out! It was great!! I did struggle, but made it through. I am feeling my upper body today!!
The AOS2 was great. A lot of obliques and the one where your legs are in the air and you press your hips off the ground. It was perfect for me today. My head was by the space heater though, and Tamilee launched into the little talk about your abs and how your muscles work, and I couldn't really hear her. I was kinda bummed because just remembering that little speech was another "oh yeah!!! I love that!" moment. I will listen next time. It as tougher than I remember! HA!

Overall, good workouts. I think, as long as I feel good, I will do Vol 5 or 6 tomorrow. Mostly because my legs aren't feeling it, and those are mostly leg workouts. I will do the weight work for upper body light though!!

we got about 6" of snow yesterday. Today is a break, then tomorrow and Thursday we get another 8" or so of snow. LB had found some wild flowers blooming on Saturday when we were raking, I am kinda sad to know they are probably dead now.

No changes in any of my measurements. clothes still tight, I do think I look more toned though. Wish it translated into losing some weight at least though!

I keep thinking of the conference I went to before all this happened. The aerobics certification instructor said that the aerobics aren't for losing weight, they are for conditioning your heart and lungs. To lose weight, you need to lift weights. Then she discouraged us from using weights in our class but that has been in my head, kinda as an "I told you so" to myself. I don't necessarily believe her, look at hardcore runners, but I do know that weights help you burn throughout the day, rather than just around and in the time you are doing it, like cardio. I think this is why I am more convinced than ever to stick with my Firm rotation.

I am, I think, on Firm #34. I am only counting the ones with weights like the volumes (or these split sessions) and not the 100% cardio workouts. If I counted those, it would be about double that. I figure cardio may have the Firm name on it, but it's cardio and kinda generic. The workouts with weights are the ones that I am counting for my results.

Eventmom: Yeah, the cold snap is killing everything here too. I have bulbs that try to come up every year, and every year they are killed. I really should dig them up and give them to someone in the city where they at least have a chance of blooming one day!! I really am not liking the snow this year. Usually I don't mind it, but this year I want to be outside playing, not freezing my patootie off in 14 degrees

Hi Ebianco!! I hope you guys are still doing well!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-14-20, 11:08 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - jacquelyn umof dancer body action 30 minutes + 15 min TA cardio

buzzer - I have not ridden my horse since it got nasty. I'm pretty much sick of this, being stuck at home had been okay when I could get out on my horse but well here I am whining but honestly I know how good I have it compared to so many others. Guess I"m getting stir crazy.

hi ebianco!
Old 04-15-20, 09:17 AM  
Buzzer

Vol 6.... DONE!

So I did this one for leg day. It was amazingly perfect!!! I used 15's on all the leg exercises, and 5's for upper body. It's a slower workout, but still a sweaty one. I liked it was slower because I could focus on the muscles working. I really did focus too!! I also focused on the upper body, even though I was using just 5's, I focused on contracting throughout the movement. I figure it was a good isometric and light weight/cardio workout. I really did enjoy this workout more this way, and will probably continue to use it for leg days. I never really clicked with this one, but I think I may have figured out how I can!

Yesterday was WARM. We had about 6 or 7" of snow, and yesterday there were clear patches of grass visible!! Of course, the notoriously cooler areas still have a lot of snow, but there was a LOT of melting yesterday. We sledded for about an hour and a half. LB was sad because the hill, although icy, was getting worn down to the grass. I told her just wait, today we are expecting another 2" and tomorrow another 6". It was the warm day sandwiched between cold days!!!

We went from 14 degrees to probably 60 something yesterday. What a swing.

DH said LB would hang out with him all day, but she ended up hanging out with me a lot. I took a nice, slow, leisurely trip to the post office to have some time out and to myself. This is definitely not getting any easier!

Eventmom: I get it. I am grateful for getting out into our big yard and for our open space we have. I keep telling DH "at least we don't live in an apartment in the city". I can't imagine. I would for sure be insane!! People up here are complaining that people are driving up to use the trailhead about 2 miles from the house. I keep thinking we should be grateful we aren't them! They probably are coming up because it's all the outdoor they have, since the city is so crowded. They can't walk around their 'hood because everyone else is too. It's probably safer for them to drive up and walk our trail, and we should be grateful that while they are using it, we have our houses and big yards!

Hi Ebianco!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-15-20, 12:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - jacquelyn umof dancer moves or something like that - it's mostly floor, barre style, abs & legs + TA 1.1

somehow I am gaining weight which it pissing me off.

Buzzer - it was cold, 32 last night should be 60+ today. be nice for several days then another cold night. it's just weird. I hear you on enjoying little road trips. I went to the dr and grocery last week and it was sort of weird nice to be out. Like you, I cannot imagine being stuck in an apartment!

hi ebianco!
Old 04-17-20, 07:27 AM  
Buzzer

12 minute cardios... DONE!

I did all of them, even the stretches at the beginning and end of each. It was fun!! I did the low impact, and just kinda treated it like a light cardio, not kick my own butt, kinda workout. I enjoyed it.

It snowed like crazy yesterday. We didn't get as much as they did up north, but we got a good 7-8". Today will probably be sledding day! It was waaaaaay too cold yesterday to sled! I am not normally a cold person, I have run hot my entire life, but I was cold yesterday.

We went to DH's shop so I could do taxes last night. So we actually got out!! I'm surprised how many people are still going to restaurants (carry out) and how many food delivery cars were on the roads. I guess since I am so far removed from the city, going into the city after being confined to my house is surprising how much people are out and about. I have to admit I am kinda jealous!

Eventmom: I am ready for spring. Like, real spring. Not Colorado spring. Hopefully soon.

Ebianco: I hope you are still doing well!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-17-20, 09:27 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 2 just upper body... DONE!

so usually I think I'm gonna check in after my workout, then LB wakes up and I don't get to it. sometimes I forget to check in first thing in the morning for the day before. Then I get all behind. So today I am checking in after my workout!

I wanted to do just an upper body, and started with the firm parts upper body. I just decided that didn't sound like fun. I had in my mind since yesterday I was going to do volume 1, but when I opened up my DVD case thingie, I saw Vol 2 sitting there. Knowing I wanted to do an upper body today and I'm loving the splits for an extra days rest for each muscle, I decided to do vol 2.

I did the squats and lunges a bit more shallow, and just used 15's the first time she said "grab heavy weight" and for chest presses/overhead chest/tris. After that, I used 10's, 8's for the mid weight, and 5's for anterior delt raises. I focused a lot too. I skipped the floor leg work, which I was surprised to find, after over 20 years of doing this workout, is pretty much all the leg work that is in this workout!!! It made me feel a lot better about my decision. I will work my legs harder on a split, or doing Vol 5 or 6 as a leg workout than I would with Vol 2 legs. Plus I used as much energy as possible for my upper body, knowing I didn't need to keep anything in the tank for the leg work.

I also had more energy for the abs, which I needed!! Overall, I really liked doing the workout like this. I always poo-pooed people needing chaptering on their workouts, but suddenly I am seeing the wisdom in it. HA! Luckily there wasn't a lot to fast forward over!!

I started my car for the first time in probably 4 or 5 days today. It wasn't happy with me. It's still covered in snow (I remote started it, so it only runs 10 minutes) but at least I know it will still start!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-17-20, 12:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - jacqulyn umof barre + body project dance cardio
today - 15 min TA goop workout found a 12 min cardio on line

My sleep was terrible last night, awake from around 3 to around 5? do late start today. kept my workout short.

Buzzer - yeah, I think that some workouts are meant not to be chaptered, the ta meta workouts - if she chaptered them people would not do the entire workout then complain about not getting results. snow! sorry, it's cold for us today, but no snow

hi ebianco!