Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-09, 12:51 PM  
jazzy75

I tried a full SS rotation and saw absolutely no results...,maybe even a decline in certain areas. Plus I was working out 60-70 minutes most days of the week (to bad music none the less). For that type of time commitment, I expect results!! I also have the SS Express and used them during my recent pregnancy as I considered them to be very light workouts.but can't see them yielding results either (unless someone was completely new to exericising)

I think there is merit to that type of training but these DVDs and the rotation don't do it for me. I traded all but one and will likely get rid of it too. I think there is a smarter way to work out to make thet most of your exercise time.
Old 06-19-09, 12:52 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
well, you guys...I must be a freak cuz I adore Slim Series. I don't even mind the music. The time flies by for me, and I go back to them whenever I feel my body needs a plateau-buster. I don't use them regularly because I have a gazillion workouts, but I do revisit them often.

There's just something really soothing about Debbie, the set, even the music that makes me feel rather hypnotized.
I could have written this...except I don't have the gazillion workouts I use them often enough it might be worth it for me to make backups and use them before I wear out the originals...can you do that???

As to whether they work...I didn't watch my eating when I did two back-to-back rotations and people still thought I lost weight!!! I should do another rotation (Slim Training). And this time watch the portions
Old 06-19-09, 12:55 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
well, you guys...I must be a freak cuz I adore Slim Series. I don't even mind the music. The time flies by for me, and I go back to them whenever I feel my body needs a plateau-buster. I don't use them regularly because I have a gazillion workouts, but I do revisit them often.

There's just something really soothing about Debbie, the set, even the music that makes me feel rather hypnotized.
I don't mind the workouts at all. In fact, I love the simplicity of them. I love that I don't have to drag at all my equipment, I love that I can just zone, and (while I'm not a fan of a couple of the background exercisers) I adore Debbie. It's just that they don't work for me.

I save them for vacations now. They make great hotel room workouts.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:15 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

I love Slim Series too! No, I don't care for the music or the bad form of the background people, but I LOVE Debbie herself. Her demeanor is so pleasant and gently motivating.

Like was previously said, I can "zone out" for Slim Series; sometimes I need a break from the intense choreography and especially from constant equipment changes in other videos. I do a Slim Series week from time to time when I want to work semi-hard with minimal equipment. I find myself always going back to them.

I can't vouch for any results, since I only do 1 week at a time, but I always feel slight DOMS whenever I do them.
silvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:17 PM  
Pykkalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1 View Post
There's a no-music option. I play my own music which helps a lot. I would have been bored to death too if I hear the same music every day (no matter how good the music is). Did this program a year ago and got the results I wanted - slim arms and lean legs. I included 3-4X a week cardio in the mix too. Although I will buy the new workouts, I'll never part with the classics.

I requested to retain the no-music option. Let's hope they do.
Can you suggest some music to substitute? Around what BPM should I be looking for?
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:33 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

I did a SS rotation a few summers ago, and didn't gain any strength or lose any real inches; more of a simple maintenance type thing.

I love the simplicity and cardio factor I get with SS. I use them during "active rest weeks", such as the current week between STS Meso 2 and Meso 3. I did the first 40 minutes of Shape It Up on Monday and did 60 minutes of Tear It Up yesterday. I also did yoga and treadmill running during the week, but no lifting.

I think Slim Series workouts are great for when I want to do some nontraditional steady state cardio. I don't consider them strength workouts at all, but a way to mix it up, keep it simple, and burn some calories when I don't want to (or can't) run or lift heavy. Great for vacation workouts when I don't have any equipment.

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 05:12 PM  
suzi211
VF Supporter

Is this the correct rotation for the Slim Training?

Shape It Up
Firm It Up
Mix It Up
Tone It Up
Cool If Off
Tear It Up
Rest

It sounds tough, I was thinking of adding a Leslie workout on alternate days.
Old 06-20-09, 04:37 AM  
antbuko

Susan, yes, that's the Slim Training rotation.
Old 06-20-09, 08:34 AM  
rubyspirit
VF Supporter

I traded Shape It Up and will never forgive myself. I got great results with this rotation. The only drawback ... they are LONG. I usually stop after 45 minutes when I feel all my muscles have been worked.

Debbie is great!
Old 06-20-09, 08:56 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Why do them as a rotation? Especially if you get burned out on doing them over and over.

As some of you know, I don't do rotations of anything, and this is a perfect example of why that works for me.

I do an SS workout every now and then, then move on to something else.

I really think my long term results and motivation success are because I don't make myself follow a set plan.

Tags
slim series, slim series music, slim series success