Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-09, 10:53 AM  
juberann

Oh,just an add-on here. This isn't the first time Leslie let someone else lead an entire workout. Jimmy did the Men's Walk awhile back and from what I remember, it didn't do very well at all,most people have never even heard of it. I seen it in the "bargain" bin at BestBuy a few months ago Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 10:59 AM  
missmomus

Judging from the clip, it seems like they're still using the same awful music, so I fail to see how this is any "fresher" or "trendier" than Leslie's walks.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:06 AM  
silvil
VF Supporter

I like this new gal. It's nice to get a Leslie workout without the Leslie! She does talk a lot like Leslie.

I do like to workout with younger, better looking, more fit people than myself. It makes me feel younger. That's not to take anything away from Leslie, because she looks awesome herself! (and I've wondered if she looks so good doing only walking).

Does anyone know if this has jogging (oops, I meant 'boosted walking', LOL)? I like the ones that have jogging, but I hate that Everybody song that always goes with it.
silvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:09 AM  
Gams

I think part of the problem with the Men's Walk was the background exercisers - who all seemed to be moving at a different pace and then I didn't like the way he stopped completely in the middle to do toning exercises, if I remember correctly.
Gams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:21 AM  
ssgilby

Hmmm, I'll wait on this one. I'm tempted. I don't think I'd have a problem with Brittany personally, but like someone else mentioned, walking = Leslie. No getting around it. I've tried walking videos by other instructors like Debbie Rocker and even my beloved Ellen Barrett and nope! They don't do it for me. I need Leslie to walk! Sure, a mile or two led by Mary Kay (who, IMO, gives a heck of a good walk!) is fine, but Leslie's gotta' be there manning the helm.
Old 05-07-09, 11:28 AM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I'm always a little surprised that Leslie hasn't come out with an outdoor walk or one led exclusively by Marykay. People constantly mention that they would like to see those two things in a new DVD from Leslie, but it never happens.
As we continue to constantly request NEW MUSIC! I don't mind having some variety in terms of workout leaders and I'd be willing to give this one a try, but it needs to offer something different . . . like music!! I find it hard to believe that she seems to be trying to reach a younger marketplace . . . with the same old music! (Can you tell that music is my main issue? Lol )
Old 05-07-09, 11:41 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Nope, not interested. It's the same old 4 steps, same old music, etc etc, just with the college-aged set. Don't need it, but I wish Brittany success.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:45 AM  
Rhae
Exchange Moderator

I agree with previous posters on new music. Without new music it's the same walk.

Second concern is having something in there that's not only the basic four. I like the new ones that add a mambo here and there, more hamstring curls to balance out the kicks and knee lifts, and maybe some grapevines, etc like the older Leslie walks had.
Old 05-07-09, 12:15 PM  
Sara1000

The main reason I buy workout after almost exactly the same workout of Leslie's is because of Leslie herself. I do her workouts more for mental therapy than for exercise.

I found Brittany a bit annoying in the clip and I agree with Shelley, I haven't clicked with any other instructors in a walking workout.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 02:11 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
That was like watching Leslie twenty years ago! Too bad she couldn't add in her own personality. I don't want to come across as mean but,boy, everything she said sounded like Leslie!! Reminds me of what Jane Fonda did right before she quit making workout videos altogether,she had her leaders in them,you would buy a Jane Fonda Workout and not see her at all. I hated that Judy
*Path of Motion*
*Multi-Muscle*
*You Can't Do It Wrong*

GAH !!!!!!! It's a Leslie Mini-Me

(and I'd probably like to get it just for a different face, dork that I am. LOL )

I actually really like other Walking type workouts, such as Chris Freytag's walk DVD. LOVED that one, even though it didn't get the greatest reviews here IIRC. Petra's were good too, if not for George constantly talking & being kinda weird.

Tags
leslie sansone, walking workouts