Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-20, 03:31 PM  
suzannaerin

Jessica probably works more than an 8 hr work day. I don’t have kids and have spent 32+ years in a demanding job. I don’t know how my coworkers with kids do it!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:17 PM  
JezthePuff2

Well, I hope this doesn't sound negative, but as soon as she announced she was pregnant, I figured we probably wouldn't see much of her for a very long time. I was happy for her but disappointed for me. I do not have kids, and one of the main reasons is how all-consuming parenthood is. With tons of siblings, sibling-in-laws, and over 50 nieces/nephews and great nieces/nephews, I've seen enough to confirm I made the right decision for me. Yes, some women can appear to do it all, but there are always sacrifices.

Hopefully Jessica will come back as she was one of my favorite instructors. I appreciated her positive personality and doable exercise routines.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

We all have to make the choices that are best for us, no one size fits all. I’m sure it’s family first for her right now and I get that. She’s left us lots to work with until she’s ready to come back & I’m sure she will return.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:24 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Ok this is coming from a person that has never had any babies but how consuming can babies be? I mean come on what about the women that have to work 40+ work weeks?? LOL js
Our son was a horrible sleeper and was up at least twice a night for his first year. My husband worked overnights and I was working part time, so five nights a week I had broken sleep. By the time I fell back to sleep I had to get up again. I was a zombie through his first year from such a lack of sleep and fragmented sleep. If Jessica wants to devote all her time to her baby and can do so, why not.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:29 PM  
bjones

Yes, I'm thinking her last September newsletter about new exciting projects was probably wishful thinking on her part. Since we haven't heard much since, I think she is taking a much more extended maternity leave. I think I was just geared up for some big new dvd announcements this month but I will just go on to some other new things for now.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Ok this is coming from a person that has never had any babies but how consuming can babies be? I mean come on what about the women that have to work 40+ work weeks?? LOL js
Yep, it’s obvious you’ve never had one! I don’t know about the US, but here in Canada maternity leave for most women is a full year. And if Jessica wants more time, why shouldn’t she take it?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:45 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Yep, it’s obvious you’ve never had one! I don’t know about the US, but here in Canada maternity leave for most women is a full year. And if Jessica wants more time, why shouldn’t she take it?
My niece just had her second baby. She works for a Canadian based company, so they give her 10 months maternity leave at 60% pay. Standard in the US is six weeks, so I am really happy she has that extra time.

Motherhood and fatherhood are 24/7. There is no clocking out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 05:14 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahhaa!

I'm laughing because I used to say similarly hilarious statements UNTIL I had a kid. It's all fun and games until they don't want to sleep, eat, poop, or breathe on your schedule.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 05:15 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
OMG.
Yep, you've never had a baby.
You do realize there are full time jobs out there just for taking care of babies? Um, child care.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 05:17 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
Well, I hope this doesn't sound negative, but as soon as she announced she was pregnant, I figured we probably wouldn't see much of her for a very long time. I was happy for her but disappointed for me. I do not have kids, and one of the main reasons is how all-consuming parenthood is. With tons of siblings, sibling-in-laws, and over 50 nieces/nephews and great nieces/nephews, I've seen enough to confirm I made the right decision for me. Yes, some women can appear to do it all, but there are always sacrifices.

Hopefully Jessica will come back as she was one of my favorite instructors. I appreciated her positive personality and doable exercise routines.
It's a lot of rewards but a lot of work and your life will never be the same.

Tracey Effinger pretty much bowed out of fitness when she decided to have a child.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith