Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-20, 01:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
So my husband was asking me the either day which workout I was going to do. I told him I was kind of following ya'll's rotation, but that ya'll are doing 80 minute premixes. His response - "80 MINUTES!!! HOW OLD ARE THEY???" My response - "I don't know, but can't be a day over 25."
Mine doesn't think what I'm doing is anything to be taken seriously. He never seems to mind that I can help him load and unload stuff out of his truck though.

And I'm over 25 but less than a 100
So you tell your hubby to mind his bitness...
we women just being FIERCE!

That is very nice that he shows an interest...you are blessed. I hope your tooth is healing.

Kittybug, don't do anything to tweak that back. Nothing worse than having a head of steam strength training only to have to put on the brakes for injury. Take care of you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 01:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Mine doesn't think what I'm doing is anything to be taken seriously. He never seems to mind that I can help him load and unload stuff out of his truck though.

That is very nice that he shows an interest...you are blessed. I hope your tooth is healing.

Kittybug, don't do anything to tweak that back. Nothing worse than having a head of steam strength training only to have to put on the brakes for injury. Take care of you!
Love this!! Silly husbands! And yes, I am very terribly careful, because injuries just suck, and I've had enough of them to know!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 06:37 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I WISH!! (Or wait, do I??) THANK YOU! I so needed that laugh after this week from H-E-double hockey sticks I've had! I don't generally like to talk about or acknowledge my age, but I'll say this year's birthday is (gulp) the half century mark for me. I can't speak for anyone else!

BTW, I think it's so adorable your husband actually asks you what workout you're going to do. My husband's only interest is to typically mock whatever music is playing on whatever workout I'm doing by dancing around like an uncoordinated energizer bunny and singing off-key, which makes me crack up and have a hard time actually doing the workout!
That is HILARIOUS!! Like, "spew-the-drink-through-my-nose-all-over-the-screen" hilarious! I can totally see how it would be difficult to get through a workout with your husband doing that! But so much fun!!

And welcome to the over half century mark Kittybug! I'm just 2 years ahead of you!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 06:43 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

LOL!! Yes you are FIERCE!! Show these men what we can do (snap)!!

Love the over 25 but less than 100 - great range!

Tooth is healing really well. Thanks for asking!

And yes, Kittybug, take care of you! No injuries here!!
Old 02-08-20, 11:16 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, thanks for the laughs!! And glad to hear about the mending tooth, yay!!

Fanofladyvols, I'd like to see how seriously your husband would take it if you put him in front of a Cathe workout and told him to do it. And I'm going to have to borrow that phrase, over 25 but less than 100. That's just too great!

And yes, we are fierce! When I think about it, I don't know anybody else in my 'real' life in my, ahem, over 25 but less than 100 age group who could get through a fraction of what we do! How about you all?

I'm also happy to report my Gym Styles arrived! Now I have to figure out what I'll be doing for a Hardcore rotation this next week. Stay tuned!
Old 02-08-20, 12:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, also, I forgot....I did the SB/SJP step and weights circuit premix yesterday, the 82-ish minute one that combines the step of SB with the weights of SJP and I LOVED THIS CIRCUIT! Again, another gem that's been sitting on my shelf and I didn't even know about it! It was a great way to fondly leave behind Body Blast for now!
Old 02-08-20, 12:17 PM  
manleym

Quote:
And yes, we are fierce! When I think about it, I don't know anybody else in my 'real' life in my, ahem, over 25 but less than 100 age group who could get through a fraction of what we do! How about you all?
I don't know either! Honestly, there is no one in my real life that works out like we do. My husband does work out, but it's different and not as consistent. He does comment on how tough Cathe workouts are. We affectionately call her "kill me Cathe."

So glad Gym Styles arrived!
Keep us posted on what you do!

Quote:
Oh, also, I forgot....I did the SB/SJP step and weights circuit premix yesterday, the 82-ish minute one that combines the step of SB with the weights of SJP and I LOVED THIS CIRCUIT! Again, another gem that's been sitting on my shelf and I didn't even know about it! It was a great way to fondly leave behind Body Blast for now!
OOHH! Glad to hear about the premix! There are SO MANY gems in Body Blast and the music is good! Definitely a "come back to" series!
Old 02-09-20, 12:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay, for this week with Hardcore, I've decided to use the Gym Styles as-is first since I'm not familiar with them rather than messing with premixes. I might regret that! So my rotation this week will look something like this:

Sun: Gym Style Legs
Mon: Gym Style Chest and Triceps plus a short cardio premix (from either Low Max or Imax 3)
Tues: Low Max or Imax 3, depending on what I did the day before
Weds: Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps plus abs from Muscle Max
Thurs: Low Max or Imax 3, depending on what I did Tues
Fri: High Step Challenge

I don't have all of the Hardcores, and I don't have STS, but I have some of Cathe's older compilations and I have some of her Shock Cardio workouts, so I might be interspersing these for variety in this Hardcore rotation and to fill in the gaps where necessary...but I'll figure that out when I get there!
Old 02-09-20, 02:30 PM  
manleym

Thanks for posting Kittybug! I was thinking the same thing about using GS as is since I'm not familiar with them. I'm planning on doing GS Legs Monday, then go from there. Let us know what you think about Legs.

Here are 3 different HC rotations I found. I thought it was kind of neat that there are 3 different rotations for HCore. Definitely gives more focus and variety.

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/marc...ration.235922/

Hardcore, here we come!!
Old 02-09-20, 05:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for posting Kittybug! I was thinking the same thing about using GS as is since I'm not familiar with them. I'm planning on doing GS Legs Monday, then go from there. Let us know what you think about Legs.

Here are 3 different HC rotations I found. I thought it was kind of neat that there are 3 different rotations for HCore. Definitely gives more focus and variety.

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/marc...ration.235922/

Hardcore, here we come!!
Ooooh, thanks for these rotations! Definitely good food for thought, as I am trying to figure out how I want to use them!

I just finished GS Legs and oh my goodness, I do believe I'm gonna be hurting later! Those slow lunges and that floor work with the ball, step, and band were just PURE EVIL! I can see how this workout would be really effective if done regularly. Now I'm worried for Chest and Triceps tomorrow!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in