Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-11, 03:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

workouts in your collection that have appreciated in value?

now, i know amazon sellers' pricing might be based on an algorithm.

but just looking at some of these outrageous prices for the following titles (that i happen to own) i have to shake my head:

bar method (fat free, designer sculpting)
lotte berk method
crunch superslimdown

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 03:31 PM  
topfitmama

I have Crunch Super Slimdown too. It's a great workout, but I wouldn't pay that price for it!
But if you live in the US, you can buy the download for $9,99 from Amazon.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 03:34 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I am not sure how much they are going for now but I have the two DVDs of Classical stretch season 5, both acquired in VF trades. They are now out of print and going for quite a bit of money on ebay from what I hear. I don't do them that often but I don't think I will ever sell or trade them.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 03:40 PM  
sherry7899

I saw yesterday that the original three separate Kukuwa dvds are listed for over $40 each at Amazon. A very kind vf friend gave me hers, which I"m keeping . I think the compilation dvd is listed at an even higher price.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 04:11 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

I have those two original Bar Method DVDs - they're a cornerstone of my investment portfolio.

ETA the big tragedy is that no one gave me a Barbie when I was a small girl. It would now be in mint condition & worth a fortune.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 04:23 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Hands down, Minna Lessig's One Minute Workout. I have 2 copies of it actually, one with minor scratches and one in perfect condition. I can't ever see myself getting rid of this workout but do I really need 2 copies of it?

If I let the perfect one go, I could make a pretty penny off it, the scratched one plays just fine. But I am hesitant for some reason.

I let Kathy Smith's Power Step go years ago and really regretted it, just bought it back. Won't make that mistake again. That one is pricey too.

Another that comes to mind it Crunch's Step Workout DVD with the 2 workouts on it.
Also Winsor Buns/Thighs.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 04:30 PM  
Demeris

[QUOTE=Jacqi A;1831499]
the big tragedy is that no one gave me a Barbie when I was a small girl. QUOTE]

This I mark as one of the great tragedies of my childhood. I still remember the black glitter strapless Bob Mackie gown that was in magazines and on store shelves, but--no Barbie doll to wear it. Nope. Not one.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 04:59 PM  
ardnas

I have 2 copies of Classical Stretch Season 5, I've seen them listed for over $200, but I've only been offered $120. I have the two OOP Bar Methods, still new & sealed. Not sure how much those are worth. I also have 5 new & sealed copies of Ali McGraw's Yoga Mind & Body. I saw those going for over $200 at one time on Amazon & Ebay, but now you can find them for $14 - are they no longer OOP??
Oh no, are the Lotte Berks now OOP? I just got rid of 2 of mine.
Old 06-17-11, 05:06 PM  
Darisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
crunch superslimdown
This wasn't in my radar and now I want it I'm off to edit my trade list
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 05:29 PM  
mtnmom

I'm a terrible businessperson. I had one of the original Bar Methods and was ready to sell it on Amazon. I think there were two copies available and they were asking $69. I listed mine for $20 and it sold within 24 hours. I just can't overprice things like that with a clear conscience.

Tags
oop, out of print workouts