Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-20, 07:23 PM  
anetta

I also like Shakespeare and Hathaway. Are there new episodes?

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 07:31 PM  
Carol K

I think there were new episodes in Chicago earlier in the season, but they might be in reruns now.
Old 02-13-20, 08:14 PM  
ncl

Sex Education...hilarious!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 08:29 AM  
Sollamyn

Re: Last of the Summer Wine

I used to watch LOTSW on a PBS station when I had a satellite dish. I no longer have that and my local PBS station doesn't carry it. I know it's on Brit Box, but I already have Acorn, so I was wondering: Does anybody here have both Acorn and Brit Box and find it worth the extra cost? I'm considering treating myself for at least a temporary Brit Box membership in order to watch the LOTSW, since I really miss this show! If anybody knows, how much of the series is on Brit Box?

Thanks,
Donna
Old 03-13-20, 10:23 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Reviving an older thread again I've been watching Taskmaster on YouTube and it has been a great respite from all the anxiety and overwrought media coverage lately.

In each episode five comedians are given several ridiculous tasks to complete, i.e. eat as much watermelon as possible in one minute or paint a picture of a horse while riding a horse, and then the host judges the results. It's extremely funny and there are 4 series of full episodes available on YouTube (5-7 eps per series).

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:36 AM  
Carol K

I am currently streaming Beecham House from PBS Passport. Looking forward to the next season of Call the Midwife starting on March 29.
Old 03-13-20, 10:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I know it's on Brit Box, but I already have Acorn, so I was wondering: Does anybody here have both Acorn and Brit Box and find it worth the extra cost?
We have both Acorn and Britbox but we watch Britbox a lot more than we watch anything on Acorn. The only reason why we hang on to Acorn is for the Brokenwood series which doesn't seem to be available on any other streaming site. But since Brokenwood has only been releasing 4 episodes per season which is available here every 18 months or so, I'm not sure it's worth my money to pay for another year of Acorn. Everything else I would watch on Acorn I can find on Britbox and/or Netflix.
Old 03-14-20, 06:36 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
We have both Acorn and Britbox but we watch Britbox a lot more than we watch anything on Acorn. The only reason why we hang on to Acorn is for the Brokenwood series which doesn't seem to be available on any other streaming site. But since Brokenwood has only been releasing 4 episodes per season which is available here every 18 months or so, I'm not sure it's worth my money to pay for another year of Acorn. Everything else I would watch on Acorn I can find on Britbox and/or Netflix.
Okay, thanks, Usia!

Donna
Old 03-14-20, 08:37 AM  
wendug

For fans of the Great British Bakeoff- Sandi is leaving as host and Matt Lucas (from Little Britain) will join Noel Fielding as hosts. I love this show and can't wait for the upcoming season!
Old 03-14-20, 02:20 PM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Sex Education...hilarious!
Love the show! I didn't recognize Gillian Anderson! I don't remember if I already posted this, but DH and I like to watch Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, british tv shows, favorite british tv shows, favorite tv shows