Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-15, 12:07 PM  
Kitten

Whelp, I talked myself into Firm Parts: Upper Body after I recommended it yesterday.
I like that they tell you what equipment and size weights you'll need, so you're ready for the exercises. I wish more workouts did this instead of assuming you're only going to use one weight for everything.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 07:23 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Wow! Blast from the past. Firm Strength with Pam Cauthen. It's been years since I've done it, and almost every single word came to my mind before she even said it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 06:32 AM  
Breezy Trousers

My upper body was super-tight from weight training so I blew the dust off of Yoga for Surfers Vol. 1. I had this on VHS before getting it on DVD. The surfer testimonials still drive me crazy -- I guess yoga wasn't as everyday mainstream back then -- but Peggy Hall's routine is great for people like me who don't care for yoga. The routine is simple, athletic in style (non-flow) and effective. She doesn't hold the poses long, which I normally don't like, but her workout still manages to open the upper body up, which is exactly what I needed today.

Last week I pulled out Keli Roberts' New Body Bar Workout from Body Bar's Strength & Conditioning DVD. I haven't done this one in years. Now I remember why. It's not as good as I remembered it being back in 90's when I first had it on VHS, when we had fewer choices. Not bad, but no longer a "wow." I lost interest after the first 35 minutes. The first 35 minutes would be good paired with another workout, though.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 12:22 PM  
Judy W.

After three and a half years on the shelf, it was good to reconnect with Strength in Movement from the TLT series! Fun workout, excellent functional moves, and 3 different levels of intensity shown. I'll have to pull out the other TLTs! This one is a good one I'll be revisiting again soon.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 03:35 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

"body bar box" w Greg Sims

wow
I love it

It is a live class but has remarkably good sound

the music.... fortunately I can ignore it
Old 04-10-15, 10:56 AM  
Kitten

The Firm Volume 1.
Let's face it, there's a reason why this is a classic.
I'm shopping, like every Friday, with my b-i-l. Wasn't sure I'd be up to doing my 2 a day. I wanted something that had a bit of everything in it. After kicking around a few ideas, I settled on this. I did it full out, except the high impact, I modified there, but I used some 2 pound walking weights I picked up at Aldi's for my Leslie's.
What can I Say? Great upper body killer lower body-especially the floor work with ankle weights & dumbbells- and innovative for its time ab work. Plus, they don't scrimp on the stretching, stretching you out during and at the end of the workout. Oh, and pausing so you can change weights as needed. More workouts need this option. I felt good when I fished, well worked but not exhausted. We shall see what my legs feel like tomorrow .
ETA: my workout space is always such a mess afterwards. Hand weights ankle weights and dumbbells everywhere, lol.

Last edited by Kitten; 04-10-15 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add'l info
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 03:08 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

To follow up Firm Strength the other day, I did Firm Cardio yesterday. Oh the poses! The statues! The bobbing microphone!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 03:34 PM  
Sandrine

Hi!
This thread is so much fun--may I join in? Most of my w/o's are vintage, and I like it that way.

Today was the step portion of Cathe's MIC + the cardio and abs/chest portions of Cindy Crawford's Next Challenge. I was all set to trade the Cindy away, but decided not to go through with it. It's got some different moves in it.

Yesterday was Firm Better Body and Buns w/Taber Brunner, one of my all-time favorite Firm "Master Instructors". Day before that was Michelle Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio Jam, one of my newer w/o's. And day-before-that was Firm Maximum Body Shaping w/Tracie Long.

Acey--another old CIA fan, here. Some of those are killer, much more challenging than newer w/o's.

Kitten--Hi! Glad that your love affair w/the Classic Firms is continuing.

Joni O--is your endorsement on the opening to Cardio and Strength? I just saw it last week, when I did Firm Hare--it's so cool to see a familiar name on a Firm w/o.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 08:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Hi!
This thread is so much fun--may I join in? Most of my w/o's are vintage, and I like it that way.
Welcome here, Sandrine!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 08:45 AM  
susand

welcome Sandrine! another vintage video person here. mostly classic firms.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts