Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-15, 05:47 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

VF was founded in 1996 and I think I joined shortly after that. I know one of the software updates caused our join dates to change, so I've actually been here longer than 2001. I turned 50 in 2003, but I turned 40 before I joined.

I know there are several old timers - and old Friday-night-chatters - that don't post anymore.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 05:52 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Delete--misunderstood another post

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 12:32 AM  
Kiwi Katie

I've been a lurker and only occasional poster - way back to 1996. Back in those days it was very expensive getting videos from the US to New Zealand so I relied heavily on VF reviews and general chat to avoid costly mistakes!

Some of the names that stick in my mind are: Mandy Lee, Maryann Parker, Roberta Kagno, Renee D, Dawn Henson, Christine Letsky, and Joni O of course. Most of those names can still be found in the reviews section. Now and then when I'm lurking I often wonder what became of those ladies and if they are still here under different names.

Kate :-)
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 05:40 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I've been around since '99 and the 'Temporary' software phase. I was off dealing with an ill father when the last software change happened so I didn't get a November 2001 join date because I couldn't trust the connection I was on not to fowl up my reenrollment. I also started in my mid-40s and just turned 60.

Renee D went to graduate school in Public Health and stopped posting

Rainee posted that her dad had had a health scare and she needed to spend more time in her non-digital world and never came back

Joan Boadway is no longer named Boadway but still posts occasionally under diavalobella

Mandy Lee is still around but doesn't post as often. Her kids are mostly all grown up.

Joanna teaches French at a university in Canada and recently got married.

susan p is in nursing school but still works out and posts occasionally

If you search on a poster's name and get to their public info page it will have the date of their last post. It used to also show the last time they were on the site but I don't think it does any longer. People do sometimes change their screen name, though, especially if they started with their real name and no longer feel comfortable with that or if they were gone long enough to forget their log-in info and reregistered.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 08:58 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Joni O, thanks for your post, I remember you very well

And KarenJo, thank you for giving us these news. I am sorry Renee D is not posting anymore, she was a keen bellydancer and I liked her reviews and infos.

It's great that most of the VFers you mention are still around and still post from time to time.
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 09:46 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Roberta Kagno hasn't been around in years. I think she was from Boston and disappeared from VF years ago.

Maryann Parker and I used to email all the time. Haven't heard from her in years.
Old 01-05-15, 10:32 AM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Hello!

I'm still here! I got divorced in 2003 and stopped using the user name Joan Boadway (since I took back my maiden name). I don't post as much, but I still work out and I can sometimes be found on the Exchange forum. I really should start posting more often, I suppose. I still use The Firm and Ellen Barrett, but also some other instructors and I became a runner over the years and run regularly in addition to DVD workouts.

Anyway, thanks Joni O for letting me know about this thread!

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 10:59 AM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

It's lovely to reconnect with all of you! Not to mention my VF self.

After trying to make a go of using the very nice fitness room at my condo, I finally realized that I needed people--and music--to make those workouts motivating. I joined the Y. But they kept switching instructors and workout styles to fit the fashion--and to chisel the pay of the trainers, if you ask me!

I did hot yoga for a year or so. Felt good, but rather expensive.

Then I met Mr. Fabulous. This has been very good for my heart, but not so good for my fitness. I didn't entirely abandon my good habits. But right now I'm in a restorative mode. Totally about vanity and fitting into my "cute" clothes.

Videos have always been the most convenient and effective way for me to maintain the exercise habit. I'm still grateful to WWWendy for keeping the door open for wanderers. So...I'm back.

Best wishes.
Old 01-05-15, 03:38 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Barb, I recognize your avatar from way back when. :-)

It's interesting to go through the reviews and see all the names of people who haven't posted in years. I know some people moved on to other things like running, gym workouts, etc., but so many seem to have just vanished.

VF has been through a lot in the last 15+ years that I've been here. I've met some people I consider to be good friends here and had a huge amount of fun meeting and working out with lots of other VFers at various events over the years.
Old 01-05-15, 04:53 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I always seemed to have a lot of the same workout tastes as Deanna ('vidiot for life') and would look for her opinions and recommendations on workouts. I acquired a few tapes and DVDs based on her comments I have not seen her post in years.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veteran vfers, vintage vfers