Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-14, 01:06 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

DSW always seems to have J-41's. I've tried on a few but they never seem quite right to me. And I always need a bigger size (1/2 to a full size larger) in J-41's. I did buy one pair of J-41's for $35 but they are more like fitness shoes.

Sierra Trading Post sometimes has J-41's too. Again, every time I've ordered some, they just don't fit right.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 02:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Pam, I bought them as an alternative to Keens since they are a lot less expensive. I found the sandals from Kohls to be very supportive and comfortable.

Of course they are already out of my size in the two colors I want (red and turquoise) and it's only May. I hope they will get more in and put them on sale again. I bought them in black, navy and gray last summer.

Sherry
Yes, Keens are not inexpensive, but I only want one pair, lol! Now my Orthaheels are another story, the count keeps going up....just ordered a dressy sandal with a small heel for an event we are going to in June....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 03:51 PM  
mercedes

I love FitFlops.
they have some cute styles and are oh so confortable!!!
http://www.amazon.com/FitFlop-Womens...SIN=B0047T7D5K
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 03:56 PM  
donnamp

I like this brand, and they're fairly cute and very comfy!

http://www.planetshoes.com/earth-spirit?gender=women

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 04:54 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
I love FitFlops.
they have some cute styles and are oh so confortable!!!
http://www.amazon.com/FitFlop-Womens...SIN=B0047T7D5K
Fitflops are heaven on my feet. Zero break in. That's all I wear when I'm on vacation. We don't do super fancy restaurants, so they are dressy enough for me to wear with a skirt or dress.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 05:28 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I will check out all the recommendations here! I need some new shoes. I haven't bought any for ages (cough, cough, cough)....

Debbie,
Are the Fitflops true to size?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 10:49 PM  
bfit

There's a catalog company called FootSmart that I've ordered several pairs of shoes from. Just about everything they have is comfortable and good for the feet. Also, I've gone on trips where I've done a lot of walking, and as some others have done, I also recommend bringing two pairs of shoes. If your feet get tired or sweaty from walking all day in one pair of shoes it's nice to have something else to wear for a while. I usually wear one pair of shoes like running or walking shoes on the plane and then pack a pair of sandals or nicer shoes.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 11:14 PM  
videofit

Aerosoles have a great selection and use the latest technology for comfort. I have them in all styles -- sandals, flats, high heels, ankle boots. I can walk for miles in them. Yes there are a few granny styles but they have some cute modern styles as well. I just bought these. They constantly have sales and if you become a VIP member you get discounts as well.
Old 05-02-14, 05:55 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
There's a catalog company called FootSmart that I've ordered several pairs of shoes from. Just about everything they have is comfortable and good for the feet. Also, I've gone on trips where I've done a lot of walking, and as some others have done, I also recommend bringing two pairs of shoes. If your feet get tired or sweaty from walking all day in one pair of shoes it's nice to have something else to wear for a while. I usually wear one pair of shoes like running or walking shoes on the plane and then pack a pair of sandals or nicer shoes.
I second the recommendation for FootSmart. They specialize in comfortable shoes, and so just about any shoe here is a comfortable version of what it is (even heels, relatively speaking).

This thread really illustrates that everyone's idea of a cute shoe is very different!

I struggle with this problem as well, and brands I tend to look at for double duty are Dansko, Clark and Born. It's almost impossible to find a comfy shoe that's good for day and nighttime, unfortunately. I can no longer wear heels, so I stick to flats with good cushion, and the brands above do a nice job on that front.

Good luck with your search!
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 08:43 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I like this brand, and they're fairly cute and very comfy!

http://www.planetshoes.com/earth-spirit?gender=women

Donna
These are very cute:
http://www.planetshoes.com/item/eart...opal/25507/a34
There was a pair of heels on this page that were also very nice-not too high but semi-dressy. Thanks for posting about this brand. I will have to look into buying from them.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes