Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-13, 11:14 PM  
bex

A Vidiot's Dream Come True

Because I live in China, I use a mail forwarding service. I order stuff in the US that I can't find here, and they collect it together, repackage it and once a month forward to me. It saves on total shipping costs and is more reliable that whatever method an individual seller might use.

I guess I've been busy over the last month, so I forgot what was on the way. Today a large box appeared at my door and I opened it to find:
New sneakers
A pair of workout bottoms
A pair of Stick-e wrist saver blocks
4 new DVDs (3 purchased, one from a generous VFer)

OMG

The sneakers fit perfectly, as do the workout bottoms, (always a concern when ordering online), I can't wait to do all the new workouts and I think the Stick-e's are going to change my life!!

Only my fellow VFers can appreciate how unbelievably happy I am right now. It's better than Christmas!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 11:43 PM  
buttons11

YAY what a fun package bex
beats junk mail huh?
you'll have to let us know how you like your new workouts!
ENJOY!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 02:16 AM  
starbelly

How does that work with import duties? Does the forwarding company put the value of the package on it or do you tell them what to fill in? I want to buy Blissology, but it is just over the threshold for customs duties here and the fees and tax would double the cost! It sounds like a forwarding service is a way to go. Not to get too personal, but if you are happy with your service, could you share the name and costs?
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 02:31 AM  
EnglishIvy

How fun!!!I love happy packages. I would put on all the gear and slowly preview (savor) each DVD as I planned my rotation strategy There might be chocolate involved, though that may seem counter-intuitive to the untrained interloper.

Enjoy
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 02:59 AM  
bex

EnglishIvy - yes there was something like that. I don't usually preview, but there was time spent trying on the gear, testing the Stick-e's with a few pushups and downward facing dogs, entering the new DVDs in my spreadsheet, putting them into the DVD cases that hold my collection, dancing around in happiness.... So much for the work I'd planned on getting done this morning.

starbelly - As I used to live in England, I feel your pain. People in the US don't realize how good they have it....

I use myus.com, but my main reason is not so much to avoid import duties as to get stuff that I just can't find here. The service declares a value (they decide) which is less than the actual cost but not so low as to become suspicious. For example, the DVDs were declared as having a value of US$2.50 each. These days I usually end up paying some duty but then I get my stuff.

I'm happy to answer more questions if you want to pm me, but I think their website is pretty comprehensive.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 03:26 AM  
ElisaB

Bex,

I have a forwarding service too and I know exactly how it feels! Often I will open a package and find something I had forgotten I was getting! It feels like Christmas

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 04:00 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

What a haul!!! Enjoy .
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 04:35 AM  
chaocoalcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Because I live in China, I use a mail forwarding service. I order stuff in the US that I can't find here, and they collect it together, repackage it and once a month forward to me. It saves on total shipping costs and is more reliable that whatever method an individual seller might use.

I guess I've been busy over the last month, so I forgot what was on the way. Today a large box appeared at my door and I opened it to find:
New sneakers
A pair of workout bottoms
A pair of Stick-e wrist saver blocks
4 new DVDs (3 purchased, one from a generous VFer)

OMG

The sneakers fit perfectly, as do the workout bottoms, (always a concern when ordering online), I can't wait to do all the new workouts and I think the Stick-e's are going to change my life!!

Only my fellow VFers can appreciate how unbelievably happy I am right now. It's better than Christmas!
Oh I totally understand that! I used to reside in Shanghai for over a decade but went back to Hong Kong couple years ago. It's so excited to know that someone does live in China is a true vidiot, lol. I always tthought that i was the only one in that country while i was living there
chaocoalcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 08:43 AM  
casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
How fun!!!I love happy packages. I would put on all the gear and slowly preview (savor) each DVD as I planned my rotation strategy There might be chocolate involved, though that may seem counter-intuitive to the untrained interloper.

Enjoy
That sounds REALLY enjoyable.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 11:00 AM  
F1mom

Bex that's awesome! Enjoy your new stuff.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote