Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-14, 09:46 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Just ordered. It's Leslie. It's new. It's cheap. That's all I need to know.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 11:18 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
. Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this tomorrow after work! Oh, and I'm happy that Nick is in another video.
Nick! I love Nick! But sadly I am recovering from a heel injury and Leslie's workout seem to aggravate that.
Old 10-22-14, 04:01 AM  
juberann

I will most likely order this one when Mary gets it but I have to be careful with Leslie's workouts nowadays. The repetitive movement of her "walking" has been giving me knee and hip pain so I have cut WAY down on her workouts. Obviously, there is nothing new in this one but (at least that is the impression I got from the Collage clip) but that just never stops me from buying everything she puts out
Old 10-22-14, 04:02 AM  
juberann

I love Nick, too, Anny! What a cutie!
Old 10-22-14, 06:42 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh man, he's SO enthusiastic! He always looks like there's nowhere on earth he'd rather be.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 07:13 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Are there three different workouts or did they just add ten minutes to the shorter one?
Old 10-22-14, 07:46 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
Nick! I love Nick! But sadly I am recovering from a heel injury and Leslie's workout seem to aggravate that.
I know how you feel! I haven't been able to use most of my Leslie's lately due to pain in my right heel. I guess I can do them and follow the low impact modifier, but I usually add impact to Leslie's workouts, and taking it out altogether doesn't do it for me! I am glad that all but one of the Walk Blasters are all low impact so I can use those for my Leslie fix (and a break from the weights, which I've been doing more of now since it doesn't aggrivate my heel).

Can anyone who's done or previewed the new workouts tell us if there is any high impact?
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 10:45 AM  
lrb04

I am glad it is usual Leslie!!! I don't understand why but I never get bored with her but my mind does wonder maybe that is why! Leslie. & indoor walking is my only cardio so I am happy for new scenery & the like. I mix & match blasters & I do all my Leslie's low impact & rarely do high impact. I have been indoor walking almost everyday & in January it will be 2 years. I have not had an injuries & am sorry for those who do. I can't wait till Mary has these!!

I no longer use weights, bands or anything with her walks due to overuse. I just walk or modify. Those 2 pound weights were aggravating my elbow. I am happy to say is gone now! Leslie!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 11:06 AM  
JustSandra

I've previewed all three workouts, although I wasn't watching the screen every minute.

ddj: No, these are three completely separate workouts (I had wondered the same thing!).

Jane: In the 40-minute workout there's some "almost" boosted walking, moving forwards and back, but IIRC Leslie doesn't call it boosted walking or jogging, and I think you can just walk forward and back. As I said I didn't have my eyes on the screen every minute, but that's the only "impact" I recall.

No weights or other resistance is used in these workouts, and there is no talk of "miles." As Lucky Star notes, there isn't really anything that new or different here, but they still look like nice workouts and I'm looking forward to doing them.

In the 20-minute walk there is one older lady among the walkers. Leslie introduces her at the end of the walk and we learn she is 80 years old! Honestly she looks maybe early 60s at most. I want to be her when I grow up!

ETA: Jenilu, we were cross-posting! Each workout does increase in intensity.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 11:07 AM  
JENILU

My mom and I both have a little crush on Nick, so am glad he's in this one. May have to put this one on my Christmas list!
Are these her slower style or her more aggressive style? Does each walk get faster? (my mom will not modify so just stands there when they jog, so I try to avoid those)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote