Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-14, 03:13 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Linda -it is possible to leave the tower upright and fold the mats when not in use?
I don't think so. The end of the mat folds under.

Saving my box, too. I don't know how we'd get it in the truck bed to take it to the UPS store.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 03:46 PM  
Donna D

Linda - I just called David, tried 2 DVD players - the discs are not working in either one. He said he had spoken to you. Has people in the warehouse pulling the DVDs to check them out.

I wish I had a larger room to work in; not sure how this is going to work out yet. Definitely going to need to play around, unless I can easily fold it up, keep against a wall, and move out a few feet.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 05:16 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Donna - Oh no! I told David I was waiting to see if your DVD's play. He's getting a few shipped to him tomorrow. If they play he'll ship them out. I'll bet they don't play. I understand about the room. I have the rebounder in the same room. With the rebounder, the SPP, other stuff and things being stored, there's no room for the dog's bed. There's no room to walk, really. I already know my back likes the SP from having the old one. I don't want to send it back but we'll see. It's too heavy to move around and it's too heavy to ship back. Can you imagine the $$ to ship it?

Old 10-20-14, 05:42 PM  
Donna D

Linda, my one DVD player is an older model, the other one is only 2 years old, DVDs don't work on either one. Oddly enough, they will all play on my computer.

I could tell that David feels bad and I'm 100% confident he will make this right.

I have a small family room, which is a combined office area and exercising area. I want to make this work, as I really wanted the equipment. If the equipment is too bulky or too heavy to fold up and move a few feet I guess it will be a permanent fixture. There will be no room for me to do my Leslie Sansone workouts - or any other workouts. I guess I could do my other workouts upstairs in my bedroom.

We'll see how it all works out - but just in case I'm not discarding the box. I'm guessing shipping is quite expensive also. Just a guess at least $100???
Old 10-20-14, 06:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Is it possible the DVDs are region specific? Do any of you have region-free DVD players?

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 06:08 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Donna - You have to be able to do other workouts! We tried the dvds in 2 newer players and in an older one and nothing. I didn't try the computer because I don't have a computer in that room. If I use the laptop I'd have to put it on the rebounder and wouldn't be able to see it a lot of the time. I just took a big hit on returning a bike that's in transit to me. I'm not in the mood to waste more money to ship this back. Yet. There's nothing wrong with the equipment other than the weight. The problem is the lack of space in the room and the dvds that don't work. And because of the weight the barre is useless. There are more problems than I want to admit at this point. And the mat is short. ugh Once you get the wheels on, will that help? Maybe there will be tips on HSN on Wednesday that we don't know about yet. Oh dear, if the dvds at HSN are like ours, it won't go over well at all. I'd still like to know who the instructor is on the dvds. I wish it had 2 connections for springs on the tower. Changing springs will make me cranky. Crankier. LOL There's humor in this somewhere

Old 10-20-14, 06:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Pam - the DVDs are MP4 instead of DVD format. That's all we've figured out so far.

Old 10-20-14, 07:08 PM  
Donna D

Linda, it took us a while to assemble - we thought a couple of parts were missing - the end caps and the foot straps. As we were unpacking everything we were putting the boxes, styrofoam in a separate room. Finally we tore all the packing material apart and there were the missing parts!

Yes, the mat is short - and uncomfortable. I will put another mat on top.

I'm not mechanically inclined in the least bit. I do think once I get the hang of taking it up and down, it should be fine; as long as I can move it a few inches from the wall. I'll play around with it. Granted, you need to have it at the proper angle to see the TV.

As long as I take it down each time my room will be fine for other exercises. I'll see how it goes the next few days as time permits.

At this point in time I don't plan on getting rid of the fluidity barre, I will have a better idea once I see how easily it moves.

Where does the second wood pole go? We could not figure that out. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I'm cranky too!
Old 10-20-14, 07:40 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Linda, it took us a while to assemble - we thought a couple of parts were missing - the end caps and the foot straps. As we were unpacking everything we were putting the boxes, styrofoam in a separate room. Finally we tore all the packing material apart and there were the missing parts!

Yes, the mat is short - and uncomfortable. I will put another mat on top.

I'm not mechanically inclined in the least bit. I do think once I get the hang of taking it up and down, it should be fine; as long as I can move it a few inches from the wall. I'll play around with it. Granted, you need to have it at the proper angle to see the TV.

As long as I take it down each time my room will be fine for other exercises. I'll see how it goes the next few days as time permits.

At this point in time I don't plan on getting rid of the fluidity barre, I will have a better idea once I see how easily it moves.

Where does the second wood pole go? We could not figure that out. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I'm cranky too!
I was supposed to warn you and I forgot. Sorry! My Styrofoam was already outside before I realized the straps and wheels were missing. They hid it well, didn't they?

The second wood pole? Does it have things on each end for the clips? That's the roll-down bar. You can put it on the end of the short springs instead of the straps. The roll-down bar and push through bar are my favorites.

The dog has decided he likes the mat. He likes all of my mats.

I'll never get rid of my Fluidity Barre. It's in another room with access to dvds that work.

Old 10-21-14, 03:05 PM  
smilingwolf

I have the older Supreme Pilates equipment. It's not as nice looking as the newer model, but I think I'll be sticking with it. I'm wondering why they didn't put attachments for all four springs on the newer one.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supreme pilates