Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-14, 11:01 AM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Oh dear. I prefer some sort of lyrics for cardio.

Me too! A little disappointed that the new series will have instrumental music. I know that many didn't care for Cathe's re-mixed versions of popular songs, but I prefer to hear familiar tunes. The music in LIS wasn't my favorite. Either way, I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on these!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 02:19 PM  
jenn38

I just want some clips. Maybe she will have a music on/off option like she has had on older dvds. And yes I hope the premixes and chaptering are like her older dvds.I would love the mix and match option again. Xtrain didn't do very well in the premix options area. But no matter what I'm sure these workouts will be great.
Old 10-15-14, 05:20 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Oh dear. I prefer some sort of lyrics for cardio.
Me too. I was all set to pull out my credit card and pre-order these because the descriptions were sounding good. But that desire went away as soon I read "mostly instrumental".

I'm not totally surprised, and I was sort of expecting it since she has avoided the topic of music until now. She has been mostly using instrumentals in the Live classes, so I thought she was moving in that direction.

It is a deal breaker for me though. I may get one or two of the workouts – the Low Impact HIIT still sounds good, but I'm not going to get an entire set with blah music. (And it will be blah to me if there are no words. That is just how I respond to instrumental music, even if the music is perfect.)
Old 10-16-14, 01:07 AM  
suzannaerin

I don't care for the new Forum format at cathe.com and I don't FB, so I've lost touch with the updates. Did she say anything about a "music off" option?

Remember when she used 80s music and classic rock? Guess that's not feasible now, financially, with all the royalties, copyright laws, etc.

For the most part, the music isn't a deal breaker for me (I spent years doing those old Spinervals, which had the worst music, so I got accustomed to blocking it out). Have to admit that I didn't care for the altered lyrics in her latest releases--especially "I Want Candy" and that Depeche Mode song she used---I don't know current pop music so the new stuff, I didn't even know the real words to the songs (I'm still stuck in my punk/new wave groove!!!). I guess they do their best to pick what people enjoy and I remember a lot of criticism over the altered lyrics after her last releases. Maybe they decided instrumental only was the way to fly this time. I doubt she selected the same type of music that she used in the Low Impact Series since it went over like a lead balloon.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 09:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
Can someone clarify the difference with the weighted workouts in this new series and her Burn set one?
When I read the descriptions they sound similar.
They posted that while Burn Sets has a finisher after each body part, this will have a finisher set after each exercise, with no rest after the last set, so basically one big long third set.

Sigh - I keep hoping for a heavy, low-rep workout from Cathe, but I guess it's not in her nature.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 11:05 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
They posted that while Burn Sets has a finisher after each body part, this will have a finisher set after each exercise, with no rest after the last set, so basically one big long third set.

Sigh - I keep hoping for a heavy, low-rep workout from Cathe, but I guess it's not in her nature.
Me too...I was hoping this set would be the one.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 12:22 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I've done the Burn Sets premix without the finishers and gone as heavy as possible (they are 10 reps). Hopefully they will put a similar premix on the HIIT workouts so they can be used that way.

Music isn't as important to me as the exercises themselves. If it has a decent beat and it's not annoying, I'm fine with it. If I don't like certain exercises in a workout, I avoid that workout, lol.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 02:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I am fine with instrumental. More than fine, actually. I MUCH prefer that to the faux lyrics. Every time I hear "Do Your Thing" in X10 instead of "Walk This Way" I cringe, and then Cathe called attention to it which made it even worse for me. I know there was an option in that series for music only without the lyrics, but when I tried it for some reason it didn't seem to match the moves--like it was offbeat a bit? That bothered me more than the fake words. So to me not having the words to begin with is more to my liking. It's also probably less expensive than that dual triple super duper layering that they promoted that had the three sound options.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 02:13 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I am fine with instrumental. More than fine, actually. I MUCH prefer that to the faux lyrics. Every time I hear "Do Your Thing" in X10 instead of "Walk This Way" I cringe, and then Cathe called attention to it which made it even worse for me. I know there was an option in that series for music only without the lyrics, but when I tried it for some reason it didn't seem to match the moves--like it was offbeat a bit? That bothered me more than the fake words. So to me not having the words to begin with is more to my liking. It's also probably less expensive than that dual triple super duper layering that they promoted that had the three sound options.
I totally agree.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 03:17 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I am fine with instrumental. More than fine, actually. I MUCH prefer that to the faux lyrics. Every time I hear "Do Your Thing" in X10 instead of "Walk This Way" I cringe, and then Cathe called attention to it which made it even worse for me.
IMO, that rendition of "walk this way" was cringe-worthy with or without lyrics.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe hiit, cathe hiit workouts, new cathe workouts, new cathe workouts 2014, ripped with hiit