Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-14, 07:41 AM  
rheash92

Which ones of his newer releases are worth having? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 08:42 AM  
laurajhawk

I just do the reps at half-speed if they're too fast. I have always loved Tae Bo, though I got distracted by Les Mills Combat last year and have neglected Billy. The only newer one I have is This Is Tae Bo, which I like a lot. And HEY it's Mary's deal of the day today! https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/dealoftheday.asp

I went over to check b/c I think her deal yesterday was also Tae Bo. If you're trying to build up a Tae Bo collection, check her site each day this week!

I like the Tae Bos without too many gadgets, or where I can ignore the gadgets. Of the older ones, Flex (and Flex Express) are slower and gadget-free. Celebrity Fit Cardio & Sculpt are good too (and are on sale at Mary's too, as a 2-disc set). Billy's Favorite Moves is a little disjointed but quite fun.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 11:16 AM  
woodie

I kids you not, I plugged in my VCR TODAY intending to do my Taebo Live's again and then I logon to see that you are feeling Taebo right now too! I love the old stuff. Once the gadgets came, I lost interest.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 11:51 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I love gadgets. I recently got a Tae Bo kit at Walmart that has a set of red Billy bands. Amped is my favorite series. Recently reacquired Extreme (uses a step for about 10 min) and Capture the Power - uses little balls. I usually hit the mute button to blot out the counting, and go at my own speed.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 01:10 PM  
Diana3271

I saw this thread this morning and had to look through my stash of workouts for Billy. I do my workouts in my office at work, so I brought in 5 Tae Bo workout that I can do for cardio days.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 01:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I still have the original 12-VHS set of Live Basics and they are my favorite Tae Bos of all time, though I have other Billy workouts on DVD that are good. My preferred length is around 30-35 minutes and my preferred intensity is intermediate, but I've found even these to be quite effective for weight loss.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 01:42 PM  
PennyK

I remember loving his 8 minute workout!!!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 11:32 PM  
holliholli915

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one. I did his exclusive YT workout tonight. The floor work was totally unexpected and it burns! Plus, he has you do at least three sets of eight. So, you're at that TA count along with similar moves. I feel like I'm killing two birds with one when doing his workouts - cardio and strength.

He definitely has an issue with doing even reps on both sides. It's funny to see his background exercises kind of smirk and try to keep him on track. But, none of them look particularly bulky on one side than another. So, I just don't worry about it.

How on earth did Taebo go out of style? I can't believe how effective it is in only two weeks (less, really). Completely unexpected. I've had faster results with this than with TA, DB and other and I thought they were good!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 12:10 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm a big Tae Bo fan too even though I don't do it very often anymore (huge collection means no one gets done very often ). I really enjoy the PT 24/7 workouts. The counting doesn't bug me but the uneven reps per side does irritate me, but I love Billy's spirit and energy so I forgive him.
I'm glad to read you enjoy that set! As you, the counting doesn't bother me, if I realize the reps were uneven I try to do a bit more on my own while he explain the next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one. I did his exclusive YT workout tonight. The floor work was totally unexpected and it burns! Plus, he has you do at least three sets of eight. So, you're at that TA count along with similar moves. I feel like I'm killing two birds with one when doing his workouts - cardio and strength.

He definitely has an issue with doing even reps on both sides. It's funny to see his background exercises kind of smirk and try to keep him on track. But, none of them look particularly bulky on one side than another. So, I just don't worry about it.

How on earth did Taebo go out of style? I can't believe how effective it is in only two weeks (less, really). Completely unexpected. I've had faster results with this than with TA, DB and other and I thought they were good!
I agree on that, the other day I was previewing one of his wos, and thought there were 3 sets on one side and then two sets on the other, I even rewind to check if it was me who was wrong! But, for the rest everything was great.

I really like Billy as instructor and even enjoy his little talks at the end of some workouts.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 06:17 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I love the old, original Billy stuff, but find his newer videos not as exciting.
However, I found this 20min cardio-sculpt routine and thought it looked pretty good for a compact upper body routine! Will try it this afternoon.
Tae Bo Body Shape
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo