Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-14, 02:10 PM  
Sissy B

Kevin Hart is an actor/comedian. How that qualifies him to judge ballroom dance I have no idea. Maybe they chose him because it's "Movie Night".

Mark is paired with Sadie. Derek is with Bethany Mota.

I didn't enjoy this week as much as I did last week. And I loved Bill Engvall when he was on, but Michael Waltrip is no Bill Engvall. I'm ready for him to go. He's the weakest dancer now, but will probably stay way too long based on popularity.

I liked Tavis and Sharna's routine, but Tavis needed to let go and have fun - which was his reason for doing the show.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 03:02 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Kevin Hart is an actor/comedian. How that qualifies him to judge ballroom dance I have no idea. Maybe they chose him because it's "Movie Night".

I didn't enjoy this week as much as I did last week. And I loved Bill Engvall when he was on, but Michael Waltrip is no Bill Engvall. I'm ready for him to go. He's the weakest dancer now, but will probably stay way too long based on popularity.

I liked Tavis and Sharna's routine, but Tavis needed to let go and have fun - which was his reason for doing the show.
You're right - it was Mark who did that choreography for Sadie! Haha, thank you for correcting me. Maybe there was something in that cup of tea I drank this morning. Ok, Mark was off last week. He isn't usually. I don't understand what he was thinking.

I've been trying to focus more on the competitors when they dance rather than get swept up by the pros' great technique. It must be working if I could confuse Mark and Derek.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 09:36 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post

Totally agree w/this. I was wondering if many NASCAR fans watch DWTS and will vote.

Also agree with Spotted Zebra about liking different people each week. But I guess, for me, that's because I didn't have a particular favorite this year. That's because I didn't know most of the competitors. At all. Guess I don't get out much anymore.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 03:54 PM  
Sandrine

Did anyone bother to watch this week?

I missed the first half, but was very impressed with Val, his choreography and his handling of the whole situation w/West Side Story.

Was there anything noteworthy in the first half of the show?

Anyone?
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 04:30 PM  
Sissy B

I watched but I missed Michael & Betsey's dances. I do know that Emma got irritated with Michael during their rehearsals.

I thought Alfonso did a good job as did Sadie and Tommy Chong. Lea's routine was really cute. Janel & Val's number was really good. Was not surprised that Derek & Bethany also got a perfect score since he is the golden child although I'm not really sure it was deserved.

I am so over Julianne. I have a feeling she's only on the show because her singing/acting careers have not really taken off. I really hope they are not planning for her to replace Len if he decides not to come back. And she must have really made her stylist mad. She has looked terrible every week.
Old 10-01-14, 07:28 PM  
spotted zebra

Yes I watched. I was glad I got to see the first two perfect scores of the season. This week was better than last week. A lot of impressive dances. I'm just upset that my favourite DWTS forum on Television Without Pity recently closed. I so loved reading posts about the show there during past seasons. It was a wonderful forum and website. I was surprised by how much I liked Mark's choreography this week. He redeemed himself from last week. I think Randy was the right one to go if it wasn't Michael. I figured it would be one or the other.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 07:47 PM  
ncl

I thought Derek and Bethany deserved the 10. Loved Val and his partners number as well! I like Sadie a lot, too. I actually think there are some good competitors this season.

I thought the guest judge was funny. Often the guest judges know absolutely nothing about ballroom dancing though which seems strange but is often entertaining.

Last season, I wasn't so sure about Erin, but I actually like her quite a lot. I think she fits in well and adds her own humor to things.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Did I miss the results show? I thought it wasn't on last night.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 09:51 AM  
Sissy B

They've gone back to the one show a week format so there is no separate results show now. They eliminated Randy Couture at the end of the show Monday night.

spotted zebra - I miss Television Without Pity too.
Old 10-02-14, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sissy. I fell asleep towards the end on Monday night so that explains it.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote