Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-14, 12:31 PM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
To Marika and others who have a Clarisonic:

Do you think that brand is worth the money? I have a similar product from a drug store that was considerably less expensive. I wonder if I should spring for the real deal. The product explanation on QVC is very convincing, but I wondered what people who actually own them think. Thanks for your thoughts.

Kim
I have the Mia 2 Clarisonic which I've been using for the past year. I love it and think it's definately worth the price. I noticed considerable improvement in my skin - it's smoother and pores look smaller.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:04 PM  
PhyllisG

Rosebud lip salve. I love it. It now comes in flavors and I bought Mocha Rose. My lips were very chapped and after going thru a few different balms I remembered Rosebud and they cleared up almost immediately.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:34 PM  
meg39

Re: the acne - I have a niece who used to have horrible acne, and tried everything including Proactiv. She said what finally helped her was to use laundry detergents with no perfumes/fragrances (the kinds in the white bottles) and to change her pillowcase every night. Worth a try if nothing else is working. I was also just reading an interview with Cameron Diaz, and she said her complexion improved tremendously when she stopped eating fast food.

I love the Paula's Choice anti-aging line, but the dark spot remover has done nothing to remove my spots. I might have to resort to a dermatologist for help with them. But as far as moisturizing, it's definitely a winner in my book.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 05:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
I really need anti aging and tone help( like something to brighten and even out my skin) I've been looking into these products, but unsure which line to try. Any ideas??? Anti aging?
Her anti-aging is her Resist line. Some of it is okay for combination skin, and some is for very dry skin (I think).

She has more than one skin care line, and there is a search function where you can search for two skin concerns - such as oily skin and aging. There are also lots of reviews for each item, and that also helps me know more about the product.

Skin care products work differently for different people. I would suggest getting samples. They are .80 to $1.00 each, so pretty inexpensive to try out. You can also get a sample of all the products in a skin care line for $6.00 or $7.00.

I have combination skin, and still break out in the T-zone. I also have wrinkles and age spots. I use the Skin Balancing (for oily skin) cleanser, toner, and moisturizer with sunscreen. I use CeraVe moisturizer for around my eyes - I'd like to get a PC moisturizer, but had to save money.

I use the BHA on my t-zone, and the Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA on my cheeks (where I have age spots). The BHA keeps my skin clear, and the Resist AHA lightens the age spots a little bit.

I also like the Resist Weekly 10% AHA. I use that once a week, and it seems to brighten my skin.

Her beautypedia.com website has reviews of the best products out there. So you can also check out which drugstore or department store products work well, too. Nice of her to have that feature! I have found that I like her products better, but it's nice to know there might be a cheaper substitute out there. It also shows which companies do no animal testing, which is important to me too.
Old 01-02-14, 07:29 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
I have the Mia 2 Clarisonic which I've been using for the past year. I love it and think it's definately worth the price. I noticed considerable improvement in my skin - it's smoother and pores look smaller.
Funny I'm pricing a clarisonic at the moment. My usually perfect skin is acting up. I've heard nothing but good things.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:48 PM  
MelissaR

Thanks for the moisturizing tinted lip balm suggestions! As for anti-aging, prescription Ziana is Retin-A + Clindamycin. It's marketed for acne, but most know about Retin-A's anti-aging properties. There is a company that offers mail in money saving alternatives http://www.medisaveoffer.com I have prescription insurance, but it is still more than than what this program charges so I go through this. I think you need to get the card from your dermatologist. Anyway, since using this product, my skin has really cleared up too. In the winter the dryness can take over so my dermatologist recommended applying Cera Ve lotion first, wait a few, then apply the Ziana. That works, but some times I have to take a day or two off to give my skin a break.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:55 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
Well, I have always taken pretty good care of my skin, but haven't much been too passionate about any products in particular, but all that is going to have to change. I am 48 now and I am going to have to really break down and spend a little more money on some anti-aging skin care. Anyone have any raves along those lines?
Renova and sunscreen!

You can add vitamin c as well.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:03 AM  
seabliss

Yes, I agree with suegy3. Really good sunscreen is number one. Doing research on that is a good idea. I have come back to Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion after buying European sunscreens, all physical sunblocks, etc. I find this works best for me. I can sometimes get it at TJ Maxx for a steal.

Renova, retin-a, or some other retinoid is good, even retinol. I buy generic retin-a from alldaychemist. I get .05% cream, because it's all my skin can handle. You have to work your way up with retinoids--start with every 3 days, then every other day, until you're ready to go to every day. They can cause peeling, and you definitely need a good sunscreen or you're inviting hyper pigmentation and other issues. But retinoids are the most scientifically proven anti-agers.

Also, vitamin C serum. L-ascorbic acid serums that are stable are the most-proven. http://www.cosmeticskinsolutions.com sells much less expensive dupes of Skinceuticals, which is a great brand. You put the C serum on in the morning, wait a bit, then the sunscreen. You use the retinoid at night.

There are other things that are definitely beneficial, like peptides, AHAs, BHAs, etc., but this is a good place to start. Get a good cleanser that doesn't strip your skin but gets it clean, and use a moisturizer that is made for your skin type (oily, dry, combo, etc.).
Old 01-03-14, 02:43 AM  
Venus

Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Oh, as for balm with color, I've been liking the Jordana Moisturizing Balm stain. The cranberry one is very nice, but I also like the 'Honey Love' color. They seem more moisturizing than some other things I've tried.
I tried four balm stains from this line and the 'Honey Love' and 'Cranberry Crush' are my favorites. Besides being moisturizing, the color really lasts a while and they're inexpensive.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 10:06 AM  
LeanneM

For those contemplating a Clarisonic Mia, it's definitely a great choice! I've had mine for a few years and love it!

I just started using some John Masters Organics products for my hair, and really love them! I've been dealing with some hair loss issues, and it really does seem like I'm losing less hair now in the shower. The Scalp line has been really great for me!

I used to use Paula's Choice products and loved them, so don't know why I strayed! Silly product junky tendencies!

Sabine, from looking at the PC website, it sounds like you can mix the C15 and a serum when you apply them each day. Is that what you do? Is the BHA9 for acne-prone skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Her products are my holy grail of skin care. My skin looks amazing. Her BHA9 & C15 products have kicked things up to a new level of amazing. I'll gladly sound like a commercial and will gladly sing the products praises as I truly believe I'm using the best stuff out there. And while they aren't super inexpensive, the cost for the size of what you get is very reasonable. I'm a fan for life!
For those who use a PC moisturizer with sunscreen, is there one that you prefer? I've been using one by Devita that I really liked, but it's started to get a bit gunky and leaves white marks on my face.

TIA!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx