Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 09:35 AM  
lorajc

Alikruegs - can I ask you though....re your results...you didn't have any weight to lose though, correct? I know you are generally thin and in good shape?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 09:44 AM  
lorajc

Okay...now after reading this thread, I think we should volunteer someone to have Tracy make a walking treadmill TA workout....not quite as difficult as the once she currently has.....what does everyone think? The one she currently has is a bit too much for me.....but if she'd make a walking TA one like some of the peeps here described....that would be FAB. Who volunteers to contact her? Anyone know her?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 11:22 PM  
baba

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I think most of us pretty much keep to ourselves in our check-ins.

I've been doing TA for over 1 1/2 years. Prior to TA I hated floor work with a passion. I love her floor work. I had a nasty fall over 5 years ago. I landed on our concrete steps. I have an indentation on my right butt cheek where I hit, and from the point of impact, my muscles atrophied due to the tearing. My orthopaedic surgeon said surgery was my only option, but TA has helped a lot! It's not perfect, but it's much better than what it was.

I don't do TA exclusively. I do quite a bit of heavy strength work/body weight cirucits/ and kettlebell circuits. I think her workouts complement my existing strength work quite nicely.
Can I ask how many days you do TA and then heavy weights? I am interested in starting TA but I also love my kettlebells and I am wondering if there s a happy medium (I don't plan on doing any TA cardio). Thanks
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 09:06 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba View Post
Can I ask how many days you do TA and then heavy weights? I am interested in starting TA but I also love my kettlebells and I am wondering if there s a happy medium (I don't plan on doing any TA cardio). Thanks
My strength workouts look like this:
Mondays-Total Body Bodyweight circuit
Tuesdays-TA
Wednesdays-Total Body Kettlebell circuit
Thursdays-TA
Fridays-Total Body Kettlebell and Bodyweight circuit
Saturdays-TA

This doesn't include my cardio workouts, just my strength workouts and TA, and what I've been doing for almost 2 years now.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 09:22 AM  
baba

Thank you! Can you tell me the results you have gotten? My fear is losing strength. But I hope to gain more leanness.
I am thinking of doing a rotation with abcentric and Drop Two Sizes.
So you feel like you have results doing TA three times a week? Do you do each one ten times and then move on?
Again, thank you!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 09:33 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I haven't lost any strength at all. But strength has always been my "strength."

I started doing TA due to an atrophy issue on my right side. I had a really nasty fall a few years ago during winter, and tore muscle and ligaments where I landed. Without a doubt, TA has helped dramatically with only doing her no more than 3 times a week. From the back view, it looked like two different back sides were glued together. Now, my right side looks very similar to my left side. In the past, I wouldn't even do each level 10 times. I was only doing it 6 times. This last round I did each level 10 times.

I'm in the camp that thinks workouts like TA that focuses on your smaller muscle groups really enhances ones normal strength routine. Years ago when I was into natural bodybuilding I did isometric exercises. In fact, lots of bodybuilders do, but it's rarely talked about.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 07-11-13, 09:42 AM  
Messe

Quote:

I started doing TA due to an atrophy issue on my right side. I had a really nasty fall a few years ago during winter, and tore muscle and ligaments where I landed. Without a doubt, TA has helped dramatically with only doing her no more than 3 times a day. From the back view, it looked like two different back sides were glued together. Now, my right side looks very similar to my left side. In the past, I wouldn't even do each level 10 times. I was only doing it 6 times. This last round I did each level 10 times.

I'm in the camp that thinks workouts like TA that focuses on your smaller muscle groups really enhances ones normal strength routine. Years ago when I was into natural bodybuilding I did isometric exercises. In fact, lots of bodybuilders do, but it's rarely talked about.
I've never done a TA workout (but I may have to if you keep saying good things about them ), but I like Terri Walsh's ART Method workouts for this very reason. The bonus for me is that she almost always focuses on both large and small muscle groups in a single workout.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 09:48 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I've never done a TA workout (but I may have to if you keep saying good things about them ), but I like Terri Walsh's ART Method workouts for this very reason. The bonus for me is that she almost always focuses on both large and small muscle groups in a single workout.
Martha, I like Terri's workouts also. Prior to an unexpected vacation at the beginning of June, I was doing Terri's workouts on Thursdays and Saturdays based on you saying it was OK to do her just twice a week. The first 20 minutes or so was very tough. I call it the "meat" of her workouts. Doing Terri's work is similar to what I was getting at in my previous post. She just focuses on both the large muscle group and the smaller muscle group in each workout.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 07-11-13, 09:49 AM  
JP44

Quote:

I started doing TA due to an atrophy issue on my right side. I had a really nasty fall a few years ago during winter, and tore muscle and ligaments where I landed. Without a doubt, TA has helped dramatically with only doing her no more than 3 times a day. From the back view, it looked like two different back sides were glued together. Now, my right side looks very similar to my left side. In the past, I wouldn't even do each level 10 times. I was only doing it 6 times. This last round I did each level 10 times.

Debbie,

Did you mean 3x/week? I'm so glad TA provided the missing piece of the puzzle in your recovery from your injury. It's amazing how often we have to be our own PT in solving injury issues. I've had to do my own trial & error for osteoarthritis in my hips and plantar fasciitis. It's so nice when things finally come together!

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 09:55 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Debbie,

Did you mean 3x/week? I'm so glad TA provided the missing piece of the puzzle in your recovery from your injury. It's amazing how often we have to be our own PT in solving injury issues. I've had to do my own trial & error for osteoarthritis in my hips and plantar fasciitis. It's so nice when things finally come together!

Joan

Shoot, yes, I mean 3 times a week. Thanks for pointing my oops out. I could never do her 3 times a day, not even twice a day.

Joan, I think we can be our best PT. I know my history is strength work, but I did my own PT after my surgeries.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani

Tags
abcentric, continuity, glutecentric, hipcentric, met level, omnicentric, tracy anderson results