Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-14, 06:06 PM  
bigtree

nevermind
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 07:51 PM  
Pipi

From my understanding, Hit it lower body will be like STS Plyo legs, while the circuit lower body is more like cardio legs in XTrain. I find PLYO legs more intense than cardio legs.
Pipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 08:12 PM  
bzbnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
I don't completely understand the difference between the two lower body circuit workouts - "contrast training" (Lift It Hiit It Lower Body featuring contrast training) vs circuit (Hiit Circuit Lower Body)...confused (SNM answered a post about this on the forum but I still don't understand!)

ETA: Here's the link to the thread about the two lower body hiit workouts over at Cathe's forum - to me Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast and STS Plyo Legs seem very similar

This is from the thread over at Cathe's:

They really are completely different concepts. In contrast training (Lift it HiiT it - Legs) you do a weight exercise say for 10 reps and then immediately follow the weight exercise with a plyo exercise that is similar to the movement that you just did with a weight. Then you keep repeating this pattern.

The lower body circuit workout doesn't use the concept of contrast training. In HiiT Lower Body Circuit you will do several minutes of lower body cardio exercises before moving on to a weight section that can also last several minutes.

I put words in bold to help make it clearer. I hope it helps.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 07:59 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Umm...can't you still preorder?
Yes I could . But I'm on a No/Slow/Wise Buy, and told myself that if I didn't get it on the first pre-order than I'd just have to wait until later. As in, much later, after previews, reviews, coupons, and sales. So probably well into next year. Plus I need to get through a lot of stuff in my collection before I justify another big purchase.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 09:05 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbnmom View Post
I may be in the minority here ... but ... the shorter times might be ok sometimes?

However, I hope there are longer premixes! I like to aim high and go less if I have to. I'm so used to seeing longer workouts with shorter premixes. I'm a little worried now ... On the other hand, I suppose there are plenty other Cathe workouts that are long enough! ... so I'm ok

I'm also hoping for low impact segment options to mix in with the high impact HiiT premixes, like she did in TTM & Crossfire.
I'm really hoping there are GOOD premixes this time around doing just that!! Because I've sustained so many injuries over the past few years, my body just can't seem to handle longer workouts anymore. However, I salute those of you who can still do those workouts and hope the premixes deliver something useful for you!
Old 10-23-14, 10:06 AM  
TinaS

Maybe in the minority here also, but I was hoping for longer workout times. I know that initial descriptions of the workouts indicated that most would come in at 47 mins or less, but it appears that the majority will be quite a bit shorter. If there are no premixes to do longer workouts (other than repeating the whole workout!), I'll probably combine these with other workouts.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 10:47 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I thought HIIT workouts were supposed to be short. If they're long, then they're just interval workouts, like the Imax workouts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 10:48 AM  
alydinva

Another Update:

HiiT Circuit Upper Body
Warm-up 5:00
Workout 34:47
Stretch 7:00
Total Time 46:47

Low Impact HiiT One
Warm-up 5:18
Workout 18:00
Stretch 4:03
Total Time: 27:21

HiiT Circuit Lower Body
Warm-up. 5:17
Workout. 35:47
Stretch. 5:43
Total Time. 46:57

Lift it Hit it Legs
Warm up 6:17
Workout. 30:00
Stretch. 4:12
Total Time 40:29

Plyo HiiT Two
Warm up 4:37
Workout 19:00
Stretch is 3:24
Total Time: 27.01

Plyo HiiT One
Warm up. 5:28
Workout 18
Stretch. 4
Total Time: 27:28

Low Impact HiiT Two
Warm-up 4:18
Workout 22:00
Stretch 3:16
Total Time 29:34
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 02:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I thought HIIT workouts were supposed to be short. If they're long, then they're just interval workouts, like the Imax workouts.
Yes I thought so too, since if they are too long there's no way to be truly working at maximum effort for each "drill"? I wouldn't exactly say that the longer workouts would be comparable exactly to the IMAXes, since both the intervals and the "breaks" are longer, but I think they would be something other than HIITs.

I'm also hoping for better premixes than what we've been seeing recently, although I have been using the X10 premixes a lot when I have a specific amount of time in my schedule to work out.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 04:40 PM  
AnMrsDe

I am loving the looks of those short workout times! I usually ALWAYS do add-ons anyway, so I'm in my glory since I'll be able to fit it all in.

Thank you, Alydinva, for posting the times for us (and making my day!)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe hiit, cathe hiit workouts, new cathe workouts, new cathe workouts 2014, ripped with hiit