Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-14, 06:04 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
This is a bit random and really not that important but I did AMPED Fat Burn Accelerator this morning and noticed one of the background exercisers is none other then Vivica Jensen.....I knew it!! I finally watched the credits and its her alright. She's the Piloxing instructor. Pretty obvious where her influence came from!!! There is ALOT of TaeBo in Piloxing. Never got into her workouts much but now I know why they reminded me so much of Taebo!!!
No way! I have thought that about Piloxing often. Now I'll have to check it out in the amped workout. I LOVE discovering who background exercises are in videos. I'm such a nerd.
I'm enjoying this thread and it has put me back on a tae Bo kick lately. I just did the newer Live Express. This one sure got my heart rate up! I was wearing weighted gloves, but I always do with kickboxing.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 07:10 PM  
juberann

Amery.....I had thought it was her but just never waited until the credits rolled. Sure enough....I did Piloxing for awhile and always thought of TaeBo and now I know why. Even her toning workouts are just like Billy's. And it was him influencing her because he's been at this quite possibly longer then she's been alive (really have no clue how old she is). Funny, because I have read interviews with her and even seen her on a talk show discussing Piloxing and she takes ALL the credit for it and never mentioned the obvious Taebo influence.
Old 10-22-14, 07:39 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Amery.....I had thought it was her but just never waited until the credits rolled. Sure enough....I did Piloxing for awhile and always thought of TaeBo and now I know why. Even her toning workouts are just like Billy's. And it was him influencing her because he's been at this quite possibly longer then she's been alive (really have no clue how old she is). Funny, because I have read interviews with her and even seen her on a talk show discussing Piloxing and she takes ALL the credit for it and never mentioned the obvious Taebo influence.
I've been stalking this thread & finally had to comment! First, thanks to all -- I added tae bo yesterday & today to my workouts & had a blast!

Second, I don't have any piloxing so I had to google a clip after your comment about Vivica. The first 30 seconds I could TOTALLY see the tae bo influence. Funny about her interview & never mentioning tae bo. I would respect her more if she had given him some credit. Even musicians talk about who influenced them but I guess competition is too fierce in the fitness industry !

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 12:10 AM  
juberann

Could not agree more, Lisa! And so happy you enjoyed your workouts!! What workouts did you do?
Old 10-23-14, 02:14 AM  
Anny

You know I am going to have to research piloting now, just to see the Taebo influence.

And I am interested in the newer Taebo Live Abs, it looks like cardio and abs and a collage says its total body toning too. Anyone tried it?
Old 10-23-14, 06:07 AM  
geojill

Anny, while I haven't tried it, you really cannot go wrong with one of Billy's abs workouts. I love all the standing work he does for abs, and my abs looked their best when I was doing Tae Bo regularly.
Old 10-23-14, 11:23 AM  
Betty Boop

Collage has Billy's Bootcamp Elite for $3.99 as one of their Thursday specials.
Old 10-23-14, 02:59 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Collage has Billy's Bootcamp Elite for $3.99 as one of their Thursday specials.
I have Mission Two of this set and it's good!
Old 10-24-14, 03:05 AM  
juberann

Anny....Piloxing is......different. She combined Boxing and Pilates (and TaeBo, whether she admits it or not) and threw ALOT of pink and sexy talk into a workout. I have nothing against her and have done Piloxing but there was just too much "get sexy" talk that turned me off. She may have gotten her influence from Billy but Piloxing is NOT TaeBo.
I got the Live Abs workout but haven't done it yet. Took a peek at it and it looks crazy fun!!!!!! Love the outdoor shoot,too.
Old 10-24-14, 05:31 AM  
Anny

Thanks for the info! I looked at a clip and the beginning of Piloxing on yiutube looked so Taebo-ish!

I love the set for the Live Abs and all the cardio moves so it looks total body and not just abs. So glad you liked the preview...it's on my wish list right now!

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo