Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-14, 02:34 PM  
acescholar

Question Zuzka Light ZGYM -- a few questions from a ZWOW fan

I’ve been *really* loving many of the older ZWOW workouts (especially 55 through 65--love the butt series), and I’m considering at some point subscribing to ZGYM. For those of you who have at one time subscribed or do currently subscribe, I have a few questions.

— How are the new ZWOW and ZSHRED workouts different from older ZWOWs and her dvds (I have all of these)? Do they use more equipment? I'd especially love some great workouts that use the UGI ball.

— Do subscribers get access to both the newer ZWOW and ZShred or do you have to pay more to get both?

— Are any of the workouts on ZGYM downloadable?

— If you have stopped subscribing, did you have any billing issues?

— Just curious, how do you use them? I usually use one or two along with either an upper body focused workout or a shortish cardio or shorter Tonique. I’d love to see other ways to use them. Thanks!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 07:28 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I’ve been *really* loving many of the older ZWOW workouts (especially 55 through 65--love the butt series), and I’m considering at some point subscribing to ZGYM. For those of you who have at one time subscribed or do currently subscribe, I have a few questions.

— How are the new ZWOW and ZSHRED workouts different from older ZWOWs and her dvds (I have all of these)? Do they use more equipment? I'd especially love some great workouts that use the UGI ball.

— Do subscribers get access to both the newer ZWOW and ZShred or do you have to pay more to get both?

— Are any of the workouts on ZGYM downloadable?

— If you have stopped subscribing, did you have any billing issues?

— Just curious, how do you use them? I usually use one or two along with either an upper body focused workout or a shortish cardio or shorter Tonique. I’d love to see other ways to use them. Thanks!

I subscribed for about 6 months when they first started. I thought the pay Zwows and Zshreds were similar to the free ones on youtube. Some used equipment but never very much. I liked having new workouts all the time. I think the Zgym workouts are harder than her DVD's.

I did have to download because they would buffer.

I did stop subscribing because I got bored and into something else. I may subscribe again soon. I did not have any billing issues when I cancelled.

I used to do a couple together or would do one before an easier workout to get me pre-fatigued.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 04:36 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I subscribed for about 6 months when they first started. I thought the pay Zwows and Zshreds were similar to the free ones on youtube. Some used equipment but never very much. I liked having new workouts all the time. I think the Zgym workouts are harder than her DVD's.

I did have to download because they would buffer.

I did stop subscribing because I got bored and into something else. I may subscribe again soon. I did not have any billing issues when I cancelled.

I used to do a couple together or would do one before an easier workout to get me pre-fatigued.
Thanks so much Sancho, this is very helpful! I still haven't worked through all the free ZWOWs, but I am really enjoying them--and later on I might want to get new ones all the time.

Another question: when you subscribe, do you have access to all the previous ZSHREDS, or do you just get access each time a new one comes out? TIA!
Old 10-22-14, 02:43 PM  
Mos Nef

Sadly, I can't offer any answers-- but that's because I have the same questions, acescholar! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm doing Zuzka's 4 week "Sexy for Halloween" challenge, and it's been really awesome to get me into a ZWOW regimen. I'm planning to start going through all the free ZWOWs on YouTube, but really like the ease of having her workout schedule. So, I've been thinking about joining Zgym, and had a lot of the same questions as you.

I'm also wondering about the downloading issue-- the buffering on YT is SO annoying. Can anyone answer if downloading the workouts from Zgym is easy to do, or do you have to "hack it" because they don't have the feature built in?
Mos Nef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 05:38 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I subscribe to ZGym. It will be two years this June. I pay for 6 months at a time.

I haven't logged on in awhile, but yes, there is a way to download them, which is why I don't worry about doing her workouts all the time. Firefox and Download Helper work well.

She definitely has more variety at ZGym (kettlebell series, beginner series, yoga, etc.), so it might be worth getting a one month subscription. She is also doing 5 minute workouts on Youtube now, and they look awesome.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 04:48 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I subscribe to ZGym. It will be two years this June. I pay for 6 months at a time.

I haven't logged on in awhile, but yes, there is a way to download them, which is why I don't worry about doing her workouts all the time. Firefox and Download Helper work well.

She definitely has more variety at ZGym (kettlebell series, beginner series, yoga, etc.), so it might be worth getting a one month subscription. She is also doing 5 minute workouts on Youtube now, and they look awesome.
Thanks, Debbie! I prefer downloads to streaming or online, so that is good news. Do you view these through youtube or is her channel separate?

I agree about the 5 minute workouts--I've done a couple of the workouts, and they are tough! The most recent with pistol squats looks killer (I still haven't mastered pistols).

I appreciate this feedback, it's been very helpful!
Old 10-23-14, 08:21 AM  
Debbie

Quote:
... I'd especially love some great workouts that use the UGI ball....
I don't subscribe to Zgym (although love all of Zuzka's free stuff and her dvds!), but I thought I'd chime in because you mentioned you'd like workouts using the UGI ball. A great resource for workouts that use the UGI ball is Chelc21806 youtube channel. She has 100+ workouts and many of them use the UGI ball. Her workouts are definitely Zuzka inspired! However, they aren't professional quality and you can't download them (that i'm aware of), but with 100 workouts to choose from there is a lot of variety!
Old 10-23-14, 08:42 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks, Debbie! I prefer downloads to streaming or online, so that is good news. Do you view these through youtube or is her channel separate?

I agree about the 5 minute workouts--I've done a couple of the workouts, and they are tough! The most recent with pistol squats looks killer (I still haven't mastered pistols).

I appreciate this feedback, it's been very helpful!
You're welcome!

Her channel is separate, and I believe that the videos are HD quality.

I second Debbie's recommendation. Chelsea has some great workouts that use an Ugi if that is what you are interested in. She started her channel by filming herself doing Z's workouts, and then she just morphed into doing her own circuits.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 05:07 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I don't subscribe to Zgym (although love all of Zuzka's free stuff and her dvds!), but I thought I'd chime in because you mentioned you'd like workouts using the UGI ball. A great resource for workouts that use the UGI ball is Chelc21806 youtube channel. She has 100+ workouts and many of them use the UGI ball. Her workouts are definitely Zuzka inspired! However, they aren't professional quality and you can't download them (that i'm aware of), but with 100 workouts to choose from there is a lot of variety!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
You're welcome!

Her channel is separate, and I believe that the videos are HD quality.

I second Debbie's recommendation. Chelsea has some great workouts that use an Ugi if that is what you are interested in. She started her channel by filming herself doing Z's workouts, and then she just morphed into doing her own circuits.
Thank you both for this suggestion -- do either of you have favorites, Ugi or others, of Chelsea workouts? I see that she has a core workout that uses gliders, I may try that one.

I did Zuzka's newest 5 minute at the end of my workout last night -- it's tough. I will do it earlier in my workout next time. I need a lot of work before I can do such beautiful pistol squats--or even ugly pistol squats for that matter lol. But jump switch pistol squats are getting crazy--even Z wobbles on these.
Old 10-24-14, 11:51 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

I subscribe to ZGym, and I would use it more if it weren't streaming. Some of you mentioned that you could download. Can you tell me how? Thanks!!