Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-14, 06:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Barb! You're a sight for sore eyes. Welcome back.

The Cardio Cross Trainers are now defunct. If you are looking for a check in, feel free to drop in to visit the Crone/Cronies check in. We have a good time there. Of course, there are many check ins and/or you may not be looking for one.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 01:57 PM  
lolalibrarian

Hello!

I've come to join in all the fun after lurking for a few months.

I've loved working out since I was a kid - my favorite birthday present ever was my "Get in Shape, Girl" set and I'd spend hours on weekends working out to my mom's Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons tapes. Hey, it was the 80's!

I love classical ballet based workouts now even though I hated ballet as a kid. My favorite ones are Ballet Beautiful, Sleek Technique, and Ballet Body Sculpture. I also take ballet-based live webcam classes via DanceFit and Powhow.com.

See you around!
lolalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 03:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Lola. You are not alone in enjoying something as an adult that was hated as a kid. Once in a blue moon, there is a thread about PE rejects who now like to exercise.

Have fun getting involved.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-12-14, 06:51 AM  
sunnyd

Hi everyone!

I'm finally posting! I'm from Minneapolis, and right now I live in South Korea. I've been living abroad since 2007, here in Korea and in Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia. My sweetie is currently still in KL, and he will join me in the new year.

We've been teaching ESL mostly, but I'm also a fitness trainer by hobby/education/passion. I have an interview at a gym in Seoul next weekend! I'm between jobs at the moment, so cross your fingers for me that I find something great soon!

For my own workouts, I prefer doing it at home. I have a ginormous collection of dvd's and digital workouts. I do bodyweight stuff mostly, but I also like dance workouts, yoga, HIIT and other interval/circuit stuff, and athletic drills. I like Michelle Dozois, Zuzka, Patrick Goudeau, Cathe, Chalene, Buti, Jillian, Shaun T, Rudy Mettia, Travis Eliot, and the Tone It Up girls...

As for training people, I prefer functional exercises, metabolic workouts, and fun equipment. Also KB's and Olympic lifts. And I LOVE obstacle courses I haven't worked in gyms much because I really can't stand the traditional gym environment, and it's only in the past few years started to change a LOT with fun gyms/studios cropping up. That's inspiring!

Regarding my own fitness, I had a health disaster happen to me while I was in KL, and it really took a toll on my body in many ways. I've been slowly but surely getting my body back - in terms of health but also energy, fitness, shape, etc. I'm just about where I want to be, and then I plan to shift my strategy more towards some hypertrophy for a while. I'm 42, btw, no kids.

Ok, enough about me. I'm happy to be here, have lurked for ages and there's so much value on this forum. Nice going everyone!

Enjoy your day,

~ sunnyd
sunnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 10:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L View Post
I'm ba-a-a-a-ck! Wow. It's been years since I showed up at VF. And a lot of water under the bridge. New home(s). New spouse! And now--a new commitment (I hope) to video fitness.

These days, I have a small space, and not much equipment. I mostly want to recover the nice arms in the photo I've been using as an avatar.

I went shopping at Collage, and picked out two workouts by Ellen Barrett--someone I haven't met before. The workouts are short (30 and 45 min), barefoot, with light weights. Great reviews. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wendy, thanks for keeping the door open at VF.
Holy Moly, Barb! I had no idea you were back on VF! Welcome home!!!

Vintage VFer (aka Alta)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 06:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

SunnyD - Welcome to posting on VF. It sounds like you've been on quite a journey in the recent past. Good luck with the job in Seoul. Hope you get it or find something even better. You'll get all kinds of ideas around here for working out, so hold onto your wallet.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-11-15, 07:20 AM  
owltx

Hi

Hi everyone, this is my first intro post. My current collection leans heavily on the Cathe side, though I also enjoy Amy Bento, Seasun Zieger, and (recently) Paul Katami and Michelle Dozois. I also have some Leah Sarago and Suzaane Bowen in there. I think I am still old school as I rely heavily on videos; I do some downloads but haven't entered streaming yet, but want to try some Cathe Live this year. Looking forward to joining the discussions!

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 10:50 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Welcome, Stephanie! You're not alone here that you rely heavily on actual videos. Many of us, myself included, haven't embraced streaming or downloads. That's what great about VF. There's room for everyone!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 11:42 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF, Stephanie. You will find plenty of like-minded people here. Feel free to jump in and post.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-11-15, 08:47 PM  
owltx

Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread