Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-14, 11:25 AM  
yahoo205

Tracy Anderson Omnicentric Continuity Year 1 1.1.3 Day 161-170 Question

I did this for the first time yesterday and that move where you balance on your head is impossible for me, as is the single arm plank with kicking the foot out. Any tips on these moves?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 12:36 PM  
Scbayless

The head balancing I figured out to actually turn around so I could still see the tv while doing the move. And the single arm plank just comes with practice. Modify and work up to it. You may have to take longer on the level.
Old 03-04-14, 12:50 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I thought the move where you stand on your head was an injury waiting to happen so I modified by supporting my weight on my hands only and doing more of a standing split move. It's one of the rare exercices I modified.
And I agree with Scbayless that the single arm plank comes with practice - as with many TA moves, I find it's a question of finding your balance in that position. Good luck!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 02:01 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I haven't done this wo in a long time. Is the one where you balance on your head similar to the start of a head stand? If so, then that's what I thought of and in this case, you do have your hands to help with balance.
Old 03-04-14, 07:36 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I haven't done this wo in a long time. Is the one where you balance on your head similar to the start of a head stand? If so, then that's what I thought of and in this case, you do have your hands to help with balance.
Yes. It just feels like too much pressure on my head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 4.35.11 PM.png
Views:	378
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	3980  
Old 03-04-14, 07:40 PM  
yahoo205

It seems like for the single arm plank I will have to get my balance right (in addition to increased strength). It seems that she is slightly rotated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 4.40.02 PM.png
Views:	350
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	3981  
Old 03-04-14, 08:06 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I thought the move where you stand on your head was an injury waiting to happen so I modified by supporting my weight on my hands only and doing more of a standing split move. It's one of the rare exercices I modified.
And I agree with Scbayless that the single arm plank comes with practice - as with many TA moves, I find it's a question of finding your balance in that position. Good luck!
I should try modifying to standing split. I don't like the feeling of pressure on my head.

Tags
continuity, glutecentric, hipcentric, omnicentric, tracy anderson