Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-20, 08:05 PM  
YogaGal

This morning I did Jessica Smith’s Sole Sculpt from Total Body Balance dvd, and I plan to do a short 10-minute yoga very soon. Work continues to be busy, but I am caught up on grading quizzes for now. I do have more quizzes and some other work waiting for me next week.

Paine: I find that I function better with about 1.5 to 2 cups of coffee in the morning. I hope you sleep better tonight.

Pam: I hope you sleep better tonight also.

Sandra: Thanks for starting our new monthly check-in for October. I have planned a similar focus on abs/core for this month. I’m going to try to include about 3 ab-focused workouts each week. These might come within a cardio, strength, or yoga session. And occasionally I’d like to pop in a 10-Minute Solution ab set as I seldom use those dvds anymore.

Beth: I forgot about that floorwork in KCM's Sculpting Rx Workout #1. I’m not a fan of pushups Even if I modify on my knees, there’s the issue of my wrists. Some days I am able to do a set, but other times I sub bench presses (or if bench presses are already included, then I’ll skip the pushups). I don’t mind skullcrushers or dips as I tend to like working triceps.

Sherry: Welcome! I used to lurk here since I only did yoga barefoot too. But then I joined anyway. And now I do almost all of my workouts barefoot! Still like shoes for step workouts and walking outdoors of course.

Anny: YWA should be a good October focus for you, but no problems if you change your mind. I envy you getting a long weekend, but so happy that you will get to visit your family in Adelaide!
Old 10-01-20, 08:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, my wrists have been bothering me lately more. I think it's from using my laptop more (for remote work), as the keyboard is small. I like working triceps too, but I much prefer skullcrushers to dips!!!

Sherry, like shoes, personals are optional.

Paine and Pam, sorry to hear that you slept poorly last night! I definitely had a better night than the previous one.

Anny, it seems like YWA really clicks with you, so sounds like a good choice for October. I'm sure it will be a relief to finally get to be with some of your family again--enjoy!!!

So I hope I didn't overplay having news! As it turns out, I'm going to be teaching a regular weekly class at the new studio...starting next week. I thought it was going to be awhile before the owner added more classes, but she decided to go ahead. I'm also going to be rotating with 2 others for teaching Saturday morning, so I'll do that starting October 17th and then again in November and December. I'm glad I got to teach outdoors in Sept to keep up my teaching skills...this will be the first time I've taught (or practiced) inside a studio since March 19th!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 09:20 PM  
YogaGal

Just finished Sarah Beth’s 20-Minute Chill Out Yoga for Relaxation.
I didn’t realize how tight my hips were until I did this.
Old 10-02-20, 03:51 AM  
Anny

Beth that’s great news about the yoga teaching! I’m sure you will be great at getting back to teaching in a studio.

Carolyn our last long weekend was in June which was winter for us so I am definitely looking forward to travelling for this October long weekend.

Paine I love my black tea in the morning.

Sherry and Pam , looking forward to getting to know you more through the check-in.

Deciding whether to do yoga as planned tonight or to do weights. Decisions!
Old 10-02-20, 06:42 AM  
Garrie A.

Happy Friday! I'm so glad to see some new and returning faces.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off! Your October plan sound great. Most of my favorite Margaret workouts can be easily divided into smaller chunks. I, too, want to incorporate more core work into my program and like you, will be going through my collection. I'm shooting for twice per week, either adding it on to a short cardio workout or by itself.

Paine: I always have two cups of coffee as soon as I get up ever morning.

Welcome Sherry! I still wear shoes for when I lift heavy weights and most cardio (my favorites are step and spinning) but I do go barefoot for everything else (mat work, Pilates, barre/ballet, yoga, etc.).

CONGRATS to our Beth! That is exciting news. Re triceps, when I teach classes, if I do tricep dips I give the option of kickbacks for those with wrist issues.

Pam: That Facebook video was not my choreography! LOL! I was doing a Cathe step workout (Party Rockin' Step 2) and just wanted to film myself for S&Gs.

Anny: YWA sounds like a great theme for October. Wishing you safe travels!

Carolyn: I have a bunch of 10 MS DVDs (mostly the Pilates ones but also a few others) and most of them have sat on the shelf for the longest time. Which brings me to...

After debating, I've decided to go for Round 2 of Cathe's STS (the roadtrip cancellation gave me the green light). So October will consist of Mesocycle 1/Muscle Endurance for my strength work. On the in-between days I will be mixing in various cardio, core, yoga, and stretch. Sandra has inspired me, as she did last month with her barre/ballet/fusion focus, to go through my collection and decide whether to keep or let go of some of my DVDs.

Here has how my week has been so far:

Sunday:
STS Mesocycle 1, Disc 1 (Chest, Shoulders & Biceps)

Monday (had an off-day):
Started with Spinning: Johnny G Live but JONI O'D about 10 minutes into it (it goes into the "let go of" pile), so I took off my shoes and made it a core and stretch day with:
Cathe's Core Max (Workout 1/No Equipment)
Stretch Max (Workout 1/No Equipment)
TAUGHT Step class

Tuesday:
STS Mesocycle 1, Disc 2 (Back & Triceps)
TAUGHT HiiT class

Wednesday:
TAUGHT Functionally Fit class AM
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn (1st time doing it...)

Yesterday:
TAUGHT Zumba class (active rest day for me)

I'll be back later to chat more and post today's workout. Waves all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone, look forward to checking in with you all again.

Yesterday did not get off to the start I had planned, work was draining. I relaxed after work then dusted off Rodney Yee's Yoga for Flexibility and did the neck and shoulders practice. It reminded me why I did not care for this the first time. Too fast and flowy for me, so it's going to the library.

I'll check back later after getting my desk sorted out!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 07:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

TGIF! I have been dragging this week.

Pat, cool avatar! Yee's Yoga for Flexibility was one of the first yoga DVDs I tried (along with Walden's Yoga for Beginners, which I liked but don't think you did?) - and yikes! Luckily I soon found his Yoga Conditioning for Athletes and was much happier with that one. I should do it soon!

Garrie, I like skullcrushers because I can lie down, haha. STS sounds like a great focus for you! And glad to see you got a little Zumba teaching in. Your gym is open, right? How are classes going there?

Anny, so which did you choose? Like Pat, sometimes I'm worn out at the end of a long work day and even though I planned weights, I wind up with yoga instead.

Carolyn, I think it's nice to give the hips some extra love when we have been sitting a lot.

Happy Friday - hope everyone has a good lead into the weekend!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-02-20, 09:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Congrats on your new yoga classes Beth!

Pat - Yes, love your new avatar!

Garrie - Even if that wasn’t your choreography on FB, it was pretty complex & impressive! Lots of fancy footwork and you made it look easy, which it definitely isn’t.

Carolyn - I love a hip opening practice! I do a lot if yin & gentle yoga on my own & it always includes hip openers.

Paine - I hope you slept better!

I’m going to do a short workout this morning before we make a quick trip to the city and back.

Waves to all & TTYL!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 10:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C (Upper Body work)
Volume 2 Program C (Lower Body work)

Beth, that's fantastic news, congratulations!! I'm so happy for you.

Pam and Beth, I slept much better last night, thank goodness!

Carolyn, I use Tony Horton's PowerStands to hold when doing pushups. The PowerStands make it easier on my wrists/hands when doing push-ups. I like doing dips for tricep work!

Carolyn and Garrie: My large coffee mug holds 2 cups so that's what I have each morning too.

Garrie and Sandra, I'll be watching what core workouts you do. I should do more core work.

Garrie, it will be fun to watch your Round 2 of Cathe's STS progress.

Anny, I've been trying out different teas and have found several I like. I haven't had black tea in awhile and I think I'll make myself some today! I like PG Tips black tea.

Pat, I'm so happy to see you here! I like your avatar.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 10:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thank you--and I am so happy to hear you slept better!!!

Pam, thank you too, and enjoy your trip to the city.

Follow me @YogiBethC