Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-12-20, 04:04 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post

DS and his gf came over with carved pumpkins for our front steps,
!
That made me think of a post I saw on FaceBook yesterday, where somebody had carved and stacked pumpkins to look like the snow goons Calvin used to make in Calvin & Hobbes comics. My favorite comic strip of all time!

Penguin, how cool to find you lost the weight! I need to look for some short barre workouts, because I did use to enjoy them, too.

Nora, have a safe trip.

Yesterday the treadmill and a Leslie walk -- Upper Body Blast. I got more of a blast than I was supposed to, because she said you could use up to 8lb weights. I grabbed 1lb and 3lb sets, and used the 1's cause all the arm moves seemed too fast. After 10 minutes, the scenery changed, and it was just Leslie with several sets of weights... So, I got a bonus 10 minutes of light work before the actual upper body blast.

Today, treadmill and 1 Mile Family Walk with Nick. A lot of the regulars and other walk leaders were in it, and 4 kids, one of whom was an adorable little girl who just did whatever she wanted - lots of jumping and some stuff that looked like she was doing "the robot" It was a fun walk.
I've actually done a few sun salutations too, because I realized I haven't been stretching at all.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It rained all day yesterday so I did premix #1 from KCM's Your Best Body which included cardio blasts between the weight work. I think YBB is one of my favorite KCMs. I am hoping this rain stops at some point today so I can do an outdoor walk.
I don't think I missed a day of outdoor walking in almost 2 months.

NORA, sure 44 miles is possible, it's about 6 miles a day. Do you include all your steps in the number or just your formal walks?
Either way it's possible. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

PENGUIN, congrats on the loose jeans!
Well done. It must be those longer workouts you're doing. I don't think we'll be doing trick or treat this year. We usually get hundreds of kids in our neighborhood but I'm not sure what people will be doing this year. We don't feel comfortable interacting with so many people coming to our door under the circumstances with covid.

TERRI, nice job getting a little upper body blast in with your walking. People get very creative with the pumpkin carving, my DS and his gf included. They did pokemon characters.

Waves to all. Have a good one!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It finally stopped raining yesterday afternoon so I went for a 50 minute walk.
It was still damp and wet outside but it worked. I am planning a walk today and maybe some PBL. I have a week left on my subscription.

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-14-20, 03:22 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, it's great that you've been so consistent with your daily outdoor walks!

I started my after dinner walk last night with a Walk at Home, led by Rocky, but she got going to fast for a no sweat walk, so changed to music.

Today, three treadmill walks totaling 1:20. I pulled weeds for a while, too, but it doesn't look like it. We're supposed to get a cool front tomorrow night, so maybe Friday I'll do more.

HI to everyone

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 10-14-20, 05:10 PM  
patchworkpenguin

To help relieve some of Hubby's stress, we went on a day trip to Arkabutla Lake, MS. We walked around in 3 different places in the park and generally had a relaxing time. The weather was cooler and fall color is starting to show up.

Today I probably should have taken a snort nap but i did two cardio workouts. I really disliked the first, hello, laying on my side and doing leg lifts is not cardio! The first was Naomi Joy Fitness' 30m LI cardio. I think I did 10min before I gave up marching in place while she did planks and leglifts as cardio.

Next I did Coach Mich's 30m LI cardio. This was better, I had trouble hearing her over the music, but while some of the moves were dancy and fast they weren't complicated. I think I did one of her workouts last week. That rug looks familiar

We bought some coffee pods but still haven't tried the coffee machines. I tried to get Hubby to ask Dad for a demonstration while he was here, but I can ask when Dad {and Mom} come over later the week to work on the window.

terri, now if I could only figure out what I did to lose the weight. The Leslie walk that changed in the middle sounds interesting, if strange. I remember that little girl in the Family walk. Rocky can be scary fast!

SB, I like cardio blasts in my weight workouts! Its fun, a nice change and I feel it loosens me up, too. I've heard of people devising all sorts of ways to get candy to kids, including pvc pipe tubes along steps railing and some kind of nerf gun. I'm not sure I want candy shot at me, thank you! I'd rather just go buy my own!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk in the afternoon and 100 kettlebell swings after dinner. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find a workout in the morning that appealed to me to no avail. I have hundreds of dvds, spent time on jessica's youtube channel and PBL's website and couldn't find a thing I wanted to do!
Such a waste of time. I am planning a walk today, it's another beautiful autumn day. My sister is coming over for lunch so I probably won't have time for anything else.
We're going to eat outside on the patio so it should be fun.

TERRI, yeah if it wasn't for my daily walks my exercise regimen would be sad.
I hope you enjoy the cooler weather.

PENGUIN, your day trip sounds lovely!
I hope hubby's stress is relieved soon.
I guess the new job is working him hard?
Sounds like the nap might have been a better option for you. We're just old curmudgeons I guess and would rather just keep the light off and not bother with trick or treat this year. lol

Waves to all. Enjoy the day!
Old 10-15-20, 04:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I hear you on the waste of time trying to find a workout. This is why i have a rotation set, but it still happens. A lot of Hubby's stress is coming from his lack of training. He's getting mixed messages/techniques, criticized for going to slow and then told 'it will take at least 2 years before you have it down". This is very frustrating for me to hear, again, and I would think a big company like FedEx would have loads of programs and manuals on how they want things done, but no. He's talked to a lot of other people on how they were trained and they all complain about it. crazy!

Its raining today! yuck. Cindy doesn't want to go outside and neither do I! I had Knitting this morning, so that was fun at least.

Today was my official barre day but I'm enjoying the workouts so much I've added more during the week. Today i did Fitness Blender's Barre workout for Butt and Thigh then Butt and Thigh barre workout; although they had mostly the same exercises, leglifts . The second had a nice beach setting. I followed this up with a walking workout from Shelly at Fabulous50's 30m FB walk. I've been using a wooden walking stick to help with my balance but in some cases its not enough. Kelli was using a bar stool type chair, we don't have anything like that or room to keep one, but we do have a folding step ladder, so i used that. The top was a bit low, curved plus the whole thing wobbled. I'm thinking about looking for another one with a squared off back. I'm not sure Hubby is going to believe me when I budget 'new stool' under exercise equipment {truth is he won't care, but it will be funny explaining it to him!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday I did a 47 minute walk and that was it. My sister came for lunch and we spent the afternoon outside in the backyard talking. It was so nice. Today is a total washout so I'll be looking for a good dvd workout.

PENGUIN, so glad you're enjoying some barre workouts. I go through barre phases here and there. Core Fusion is my favorite but I enjoy others too. Maybe I'll have to check out youtube during my next barre phase. I usually use a sturdy chair for barre but sometimes it can be wobbly. Ugh that's so frustrating that hubby is still having problems getting properly trained. So unprofessional especially for a big company like Fedex.

Waves to all. Have a good one!

Old 10-16-20, 02:06 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I was spending a long time trying to pick a dvd without much luck, too, and now I'm doing that with YouTube. 100 KB swings I'd be unable to sit, or stand.

Penguin, you've got me craving a barre workout now, because there was a time in the past when I loved them. Your poor husband, those kinds of comments would drive me nuts.

Yesterday I only did 2 short treadmill walks and a Leslie 1 MIle after dinner.

Today I've done three over 30 minute treadmill walks, which I guess makes up for yesterday. I'm trying to decide what to cook for dinner, because my eating has been crummy lately. Everything I think of is either too much trouble, or not healthy... Most things seem to be too much trouble lately, so I guess I'm just in a mood.
There was a link to a Shine (I think that was the name, I subscribed to the YT channel) workout on GD, and it looked fun, so maybe I'll do part of it and cheer myself up.

Hi to everybody

Meister Eckhart

Old 10-16-20, 05:49 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a nice day, so I went for a one hour walk. Today is a different story. Lots of rain, so I did a cathe step workout.

My cottage days are done for another year, so I’m adjusting to being back home. All good, but as you guys know, I like to travel so I’m kind of dreading a winter without that. Whatever, could be worse!!

Terri, I need to get better on my meal planning too. I’m feeling lazy on that front.
Sb, sounds like fun with your sister. I wish I had one. Edit: Did you receive your new Cathes yet? I have not.
PP, you’ve got me considering pulling out some barre workouts. Never really got into those, but maybe I should give it another try.