Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-09-20, 01:42 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, I had my fence and my roof replaced in the last year, and both were expensive, but the roof was over 10 times what the fence was. I love coffee, but also have no counter space, and wish the keurig I have was smaller. It was a Black Friday deal and I couldn't resist.

SB, when you do the KCM, do a few reps for me

Yesterday I did the treadmill off and on, and after dinner a 1 mile walk with Kamilah. The evening before I did a 15 minute walk with Nick, as well as the treadmill. I do prefer the other instructors to Leslie, but there are so many of hers I usually settle on one based on the length of time, and just do it.

It's been raining all morning, which we need, and so I haven't been outside yet, just walking some, and sitting more! I'm going to get myself moving NOW.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 05:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So today was walking day. I was happy that i wasn't sore from the barre workout, so next time I might not be so intimidated. Back to walking. I'm still trying to find new people so I consulted my list. I started with Bob and Brad's 20m walking workout. the lead is female so I don't know if she's Bob or Brad and I can't remember if she gave her name. not very fun or interesting.

next was Joanna's Marceinkova's 12m indoor walking. this was filmed in her kitchen and while it wasn't bad it was distracting {hey, she has a crockpot} and {hmm, I would have put shelves up in that little corner} although she did show 3 different levels for each move.

Last was Heather Pace's 1m walking workout. This was apparently her first video workout {she's hard to hear sometimes and mentions getting a mic}. I've tried her before and couldn't remember if I liked her or not. She's pretty good, chatty but not overly so.

They guys are putting up more fence today. Weather says its supposed to rain but they decided to risk it anyway.

Terri, 10x! That is a lot. So far our fence and roof are going to be about the same. We are getting another estimate to see what our options are. Fortunately, the roof is only supposed to take one day, but I don't want to be home on that day, either. I assume they will want to start early morning which may be a problem for Hubby's work schedule.

SB, I got Hubby to move the extra coffee machines off my counter, at least. I don't drink coffee and he's trying to cut back so the one cup makes sense, but i like having a way to heat water and make ice tea in a 12 cup machine. We'll see what happens.

I just talked to my Mom and we had to hang up the phone because we couldn't think of anything interesting to say.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 07:59 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, nothing too interesting to report on the exercise front. I've been walking every day. Yesterday, we ventured down a private road that we've been curious about but always felt intimidated by a gate. What the heck! we just went around the fence and walked to the lake at the end of it. There was a fairly big lake and a bunch of cottages on it. It was interesting to me, because I've been at my cottage all my life, but never went down that road.

It's my last weekend at my cottage darn it. Usually, we have a big Thanksgiving multi-family feast, but that's a covid no-no right now, so it will be DH, DS and me. Is what it is, as they say. Funnily enough, I had a big flock of turkeys walk through my property today. Never seen that here before.

PP- You should take up coffee drinking! I hope your roof project goes well. Can't blame you for wanting to go AWOL on that day.

SB-It seems like you're getting in more weight workouts than usual lately. I need to get on that too.

Terri- It sounds like you're keeping up with your walking, too.
Old 10-10-20, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just a 45 minute walk.
I had some errands and cleaning to catch up on and then lost interest in any additional exercise. I am planning a walk and maybe KCM or PBL today.

TERRI, you had me laughing out loud on the extra reps for you. I'll see what I can do

PENGUIN, good luck with all the house repairs. I would never be able to film a workout in my kitchen, I'd be knocking into counters and cabinets, too small .

NORA, nice work doing a little exploring on your walk. Sounds like the turkeys are getting a little bold with the smaller celebrations this year. Aww the last hurrah at the cottage. I'm sure we'll all be having small holiday celebrations this year.
Has your DD gone back to NYC?

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 03:17 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, my fence only needed the back completely replaced, but I had the roof totally re-decked, and we have wind storm regulations, so I think that adds to the cost. Plus, they all said because of the different peaks and whatever, it was pricey. My house isn't even that big.

SB. I'm more likely to lose interest in the cleaning, but once you get started, might as well finish.

Nora, that sounds so amazing to have the turkeys walking through your yard!

After dinner last night I did Leslie Interval Walk, and it did have a couple of short intervals, but I think she stayed slower longer in between them than she should have.

This morning I did another Walk At Home, this one had Nadiya leading a 15 minute mile. She, too, does a few different moves and keeps things more interesting. One thing she had you do is with R leg, kick, then knee up, then L leg kick, knee up, repeat for a bit. I got mixed up on those! I never was great with choreography, but I should be able to do that

Used the treadmill a few times, too, and since it's a beautiful day I went out and cleaned up some of the mess from the winds yesterday. There were half a dozen grapefruit on the ground, loads of leaves, and one of my tomato plants and the stake holding it were on its side. My trash can had blown over, but it was empty, to that was good.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 06:04 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So today, since I wasn't sore on thursday I decided to try another barre workout. This one was from Barre Fitness and was only 10m long but got more into tiptoes and leglifts while standing on one leg. 3 participants and they got the giggles so that was fun.

Next I did a series of UTTB with Gina B; 1K Latin Style, Dance that Walk #2 {I think I did 3 last week}, Smile {Gina's first channel?} Energy Booster walk, and 10m country walkout.

Nora, sorry to hear that its time to leave the cottage. The turkeys probably feel safe because so many people have cancelled Tday this year :P. More of a cocoa person. Sometimes I add cocoa to my coffee. I will drink iced coffee in the summer if I wake up tired and have to go somewhere early. Grosses Hubby out when I drink iced coffee. My version of iced coffee is a cup of coffee, brown sugar, milk and some ice cubes.

SB, I hear you on the small kitchen. Mine was about half the size of hers, but she made it work. Errands and cleaning make me lose interest in anything but sitting on the couch.

Terri, that makes sense. Our house is 1000square feet while the fence is 260ft. I think there are at least 4 roof layers on top of each other and all that has to be scraped off, by state regulation. My parents house is 2 story{+attic} 3500sq ft and has steep angles. He paid $11,000 for the new roof and one guy wanted to charge us $7000! For our little house! So far the guy that did Dad's house bid $5000. We are happier about that, but will get one more bid. That step would confuse me too!

Old 10-11-20, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a short Jessica Smith strength workout on youtube and a core workout from PBL in the morning and a 50 minute walk in the afternoon. I am planning a walk today and that may be all I have time for. DS and his gf are coming over this afternoon so I have to straighten up a little after I walk so that will probably be it.

TERRI, I was wondering if the most recent storm was in your area. I guess wind isn't so bad under the circumstances. Yeah I usually lose interest in the cleaning that's why I got so behind on it

PENGUIN, good job with the barre workout.
The Gina B. workouts sound fun.

Waves to all. Enjoy the day!
Old 10-12-20, 07:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 53 minute walk. DS and his gf came over with carved pumpkins for our front steps, homemade cookies, roasted pumpkin seeds and we made warm spiced cider! It was such a pleasant surprise with all the goodies and really got us into the fall spirit!

It's supposed to rain all day today so I'll have to find a dvd that includes some cardio, like SS or a circuit type of workout.

Waves to all. Enjoy your day!
Old 10-12-20, 09:05 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, was another long walk. My fitbit says that I walked 44 miles last week. That seems crazy to me, but I guess it's possible! Today, I will walk again since all my DVDs are packed up in my car and ready to go.

SB - yes, DD is back in the USA. She has to check up on a few things, but will be back around your thanksgiving time, I think. That was very thoughtful of your son and gf. Sounds like a good time!

Hi to Terri and PP.
Old 10-12-20, 11:49 AM  
patchworkpenguin

So Hubby is having his cavity filled so the time home alone gave me a chance to exercise. I'm enjoying the barre workouts and have added more short workouts throughout the week.

Today i did Jessica Smith's Total Body Barre workout followed by Barefoot Fusion walk.

I think I told you guys that I went to Lane Bryant, tried on some jeans, placing an order based on what I tried on. it came yesterday, so I tried them on, both pairs were big, not hugely so but strangely so. I jumped on the scale and found I had lost 2 lbs! wow! {amazing considering how much ice cream I've eaten recently } I decided to keep one pair and have taken in the waist, not uncommon for me and pants. Its not like I'm going so many places that i need more than one pair. The other, larger pair, I will return to the store. I might try one the smaller size if they have one but I think it might be two small. Gah!

SB, I do like Gina B. she's perky, fun and the dance steps jazz {see what I did there } up her walking workouts. Yum, all the goodies sound great! We aren't much into Halloween or harvest time so I generally just by candy for the Trunk or Treat parties at the churches. We currently have two bags of Snicker's I'm trying to pretend we don't have!

Nora, 44miles is a lot!!! I've noticed in the past few weeks that I'm doing longer workouts, so my average step count is higher. That was exciting.