Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-09-20, 07:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 9:
~Practiced new Essentrics trademark sequences for a new class routine
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding & 20 min on Maxi Glider
~Shakti Warrior: Day 2 Root Down
~Headstand & YTU neck release
~Steps: 7497 & counting....the rain has kept me from my daily walk

Helen - So sorry about your co-worker, you just never know what awaits you around the corner. So sad. Ouch, take care with the knee, have you had it looked at by an MD or PT?

Lili - Yes, a full night’s sleep is gift these days! I found the benefits from Mg took a while to be fully effective. I have one iffy knee too, degeneration on the underside of the knee cap. Doesn’t like deep squats and kneeling on a hard surface.

Cleda - Good music can definitely inspire & make a workout better. I make playlists for my Essentrics classes and they set the tone for sure.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 05:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Good Morning Ladies! It is in fact Saturday. And we are in for one of our last beautiful summer-like days for awhile. I fully intend to get outside and enjoy it.

Helen: Please be ever so careful with your knee. Oy .... I still can't believe how fast you came back to exercise ! I always wait (maybe too long?) For awhile after any injury just to be super, super careful. Not as young as I once was.

Lili: We all have low energy weeks. It is best to listen to our bodies. Which I think we do a fine job of here. (Vs. just not working out) we still move!!! Good on you! Not to mention you have a lot going on that becomes psychologically/mentally draining. Been there - doing that and it's hard. Very hard.

Pam: Full night's sleep? What is that? I gave up worrying about it a lonnnnggg time ago. Hope for the best. Occasionally get a decent amount of sleep, but more usual than not, it's about 4 hours if I'm lucky. It is what it is. The more I stress about it, the worse it is. Sooooooooooo ....

Ok, on to my favorite subject: Me, me and all me ...

Biggest news? I switched coaches with my program. I just felt it was time for a shake up. I wasn't getting the results I wanted (I know most is on me, but I need a good "partnership" as a friend told me to keep it going). So, after a 3-5 week non movement (or rather uptick) it's time to get busy again with a renewed sense of program and a fresh set of eyes to look at my logs, my habits, etc. ONWARD. I think this is a good move. Time will tell.

I also realized, I have no rowing goals (yes. I have the English Channel, but it seems to be daunting and I've been avoiding the rower.) Kind of weird. Even when I was doing my 18 sessions, I would avoid it. I don't "think" of it like I do my workouts, the bike, the tread, etc. It's more of something "I have to do". Not that I dislike it, because I like it! It's just a matter of "getting on the rower" and then I'm fine. (Back to too many workouts, not enough time). Maybe it will be different after I finish the challenge. Maybe I should set a goal of "xx" amount of rowing sessions per month. That did seem to work for me. But here I am 10 days into October and ZERO rowing sessions. What's up with that? Hmmmmm.

Ok, so the first day of this check in is for Helen!!!

10/8/2020: Meditation (Peloton app) x 2. Yep!!! I did 2 meditation sessions and THAT WAS IT .... Still counts! Last day I did JUST meditation? September 17th. I think I was needing a slower day to regroup. (and I missed my workout in the a.m., got lazy in the p.m.)

10/9/2020: Christine's 45 minute Tabata class. (On my own, not with Nancy, voluntarily?!? What's up with that?) followed up with Power Zone ride 45 minutes Endurance with Matt , Denis's Grateful dead 5 mins. cool down ride and 5 minute Post Ride Stretch

Back at it and with renewed energy (both on my diet front and exercise front after a day of meditation). Bring it on.

I will NOT be doing CDE's tabata ride again. Not sure I'll be doing any of hers unless I preview them. this was supposed to be 4 intervals. She ended up "explaining" what a tabata was, how to do them, how to find your proper cadence, resistance, etc. to make it work for you. I know how to do tabata, I didn't need a 13 minute warm up and then that. So the 45 minute tabata class, was more like a 20 minute tabata class with some riding. Not embarrassed to say I was disappointed. I'll go back to doing ally love tabata rides. She's the QUEEN of tabata. (wait - who is this??? I don't like tabata. I'm complaining cuz there was one less set? My thinking is - if I'm going to do it. Bring it on. Don't warm me up for 30 minutes and then reduce the workload.) So there you have it. Tomorrow will be a true tabata (I think we'll do the 45 minute one with 56 intervals.) If I don't make it back here to check in, you know what happened. Ha!

Hmmm. smiley police havent' gotten me in awhile?!? Will they this time?

Make it a great day. Today is endurance all the way.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 04:53 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

10/10 - dog walk
Gilad's 45/45 Split, the toning half. This was all body weight. I almost turned it off, but I'm glad I didn't, because by the end I liked it. And who doesn't like working out on the beach?

5/15 virgins/dustbunnies

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 06:18 PM  
Helen

Sat., 10th Oct.
60min walk/play with Alice
Meditation with Deepak Chopra
housework

Kept getting sidetracked with "I'll just clean/vacuum/wash...." before I go up to the gym. Was quite a warm day - hit nigh-on dusk & Alice hadn't been out so did that. She bounded like a puppy! Ran around in circles with joy & found an abandoned long sock that we played tug-o-war with. Lovely start to the evening.

CLEDA
Thanks for the "just for Helen"
Laughed about your tabata story. That one should have been called "intro to tabata" so you'd have known not to bother.
Notice I've been doing meditation too? It's hard!! Find myself thinking about something and have to constantly come back to the count or mantra. Hard to stay focused on NOT thinking!

LILI
My buddy LOVES Gilad! His voice, the settings, the camel....
A husband "needing to talk" says good things about your relationship though.

PAM
No, haven't been to GP (General Practitioner = MD) or PT as shoulder was MUCH worse (broken bone & completely torn off tendon) but the GP, PT, & orthopaedic surgeon all did nothing except diagnostics. Exercises given by PT were what I'd been doing anyway (roll eyes). It just cost hundreds of dollars to get told what was wrong, but did nothing to help fix it.
Brain - yes, many people will be in shock about his passing.

KNEE
Have googled more and done self-tests and think it's MCL rather than meniscus. Have started wearing a knee-sock/brace, if only to remind me to take care as most movement is totally normal & pain free now. Stepping off the bath - I just forgot about it, and OOF! - reminded very sternly - probably undid whatever repair progress had been made, some of it anyway.

TOO MANY WORKOUTS?
I've been backing up my DVDs to file. Preparing for when the DVD player dies, the discs deteriorate, they're not sold any more, ... but I could STILL play the file on a computer. Onto a third 2T portable drive. I think I have about 7 years worth of workouts, for a new full workout each day, JUST counting videos & no premixes/audio/game platform. Will see me through my 60s with ease. Cathe will stop making new sets for me to automatically buy one day.... won't she?

Onto my Sunday - the most glorious day AGAIN - these whole holidays have been absolutely delightful weather!!
I can hear a lawn mower & birds. Sun shining in the window. Alice asleep on the couch... The day is calling me to make the most of it.
Hey! That all sounded as positive and as motivated as Cleda!! It's working, it's working!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 08:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 10:
~7 km neighbourhood & trail walk to a lovely oceanfront park
~Essentrics trademark practice
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 3: Free Flow
~Steps: 12,817

Feeling kinda blah today, waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-11-20, 07:24 AM  
Helen

Sun., 11th Oct.
55min, Les Mills - Body Step 70, 6"
60min dog walk

Drive by - it's late, on a school night.
See yuz tomorrow though!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-11-20, 07:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday Morning here in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post

Onto my Sunday - the most glorious day AGAIN - these whole holidays have been absolutely delightful weather!!
I can hear a lawn mower & birds. Sun shining in the window. Alice asleep on the couch... The day is calling me to make the most of it.
Hey! That all sounded as positive and as motivated as Cleda!! It's working, it's working!!
See? It's contagious. and it works!!!

Helen: I found the same thing when I went for a shoulder problem earlier this year. Or was it last year? I think it was this year. Anyway, I went, got the x ray (my main concern) to make sure nothing was torn, etc. And the PT (who was not in my plan) gave me a booklet of all exercises I do anyway. Go figure. I forgot to say how sorry I was about Brian "Brain". Life is so unpredictable. And when someone is taken before (what we feel) is their time, it really hits home and makes us realize that life is definitely uncertain. (eat your dessert first as we say in my family!) I am proud as can be that I no longer buy Cathe's workouts. I just don't need them. I have so many.

Pam: We all have blah days (I can sooooo relate to this!) Hope you perk up soon.

Lili: I really need to do a dust bunny/virgin challenge. You are so motivating to me.

Waves to Kay!!!

Me, me and all me:

10/10/2020:
(hey - that's a pretty cool looking date ... I like that) Power Zone 45 minute with Matt (endurance) followed by 60 minute Endurance PZ ride with Matt, followed by my usual cool down ride with Denis and 2 post ride stretches.

Ok, off to get ready for my Sunday ride. (True tabata. Maybe I"ll complain less after doing this one and WANT to do Christine's!)
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 04:20 PM  
Helen

Here for my morning dose of positivity.
First day back at work - I'm AT work, morning email check.

PAM
It's a new day - hopefully a brighter one for you.
Do you know what it is/was? For the blah?
Trail walk to ocean-front park sounds pretty nice.

CLEDA
Definitely contagious, hence being so consistently HERE!
Oh don't rub it in that you don't buy Cathe any more. I don't need them either, but it's a combination of FOMO and "collect all 5". They are one of my few indulgences.
That date - same for me (we do them in length order: day-month-year)

Must go - more people are turning up; need to actually do some work!

Happy Monday!!
Have a wonderful week.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-11-20, 06:44 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Yikes! Monday already? I also forgot to express my sympathy for Brain. It is so difficult. Okay, I also didn't buy the new Cathe's. I seem to buy every other set from her and still haven't done them all. But don't feel bad, if you like them and can afford them, it's well worth it. I end up with guilt from not using them. I also struggle with meditation. My mind does not like to shut down or slow down. The whole time I'm trying to focus! I did have some success in New York meditating outside. I think the sound of the waves hitting the shore really helped.
Pam - We all seem to have down days, especially since the pandemic. I hope it passes quickly.
Cleda - You need to do the challenges you enjoy, not what you feel you should be doing! And you do so much already!

10/11 - dog walk, shortened by the drizzle.
30 min. 80's Ride with Dennis Morton.
10 min. Cool Down Ride with Olivia.
Can also count 50 minutes of gardening?

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 09:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I’m better today....pulled myself up by my bootstraps and decided it’s time to think positive & get on with it, lol!

Oct 11:
~Cardio: 20 min Cardio Bounce with Weights on YT, 20 min freestyle rebounding, & 20 min on my Maxi Glider
~Essentrics trademark practice
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 4: Power Up
~Headstand, neck hammock hang time, YTU neck release, reclined yin leg stretches & hip openers
~Steps: 9037, not bad for a blustery rainy indoor day

Waving to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn