Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-20, 08:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl Here is a link to some Blessing Box images: https://www.google.com/search?q=bles...h=731&dpr=1.25 It's a service for the community. Anyone who has a need can use it, whether you are homeless or if you are just struggling with needs. So we are incorporating both types of items. Pop top items for homeless as well as foods that need to be prepared. We are including hygiene products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, single roll toilet paper, baby wipes, baby food, etc. For the winter, we are looking at socks, gloves, etc. I have also went through my stash of reading glasses that are no longer strong enough for us and have been putting a pair in there as they are taken. There is no need to take theme elsewhere to donate, if there is a need right there in our community. So, since we got it started, someone has been donating food in there, too. We found out it was the Boy scouts! Such a blessing! I have requested scripture from our church family that have been significant in their lives. So it will read: Diana wanted to share with you: the scripture verse. I feel if it touched someone it, it might touch the next person, too. Also, it lets the recipient know that another person loves them and has taken the time to share this with them. It's not just items that are coming from a building on that property, etc. It's personal. Some of us also carry around bags of food for if we come across a homeless person or someone in need. We can give it to them and share with them.

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 04:27 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Leg day. Squats, lunges, abduction, and adduction. I use the Pilates reformer as a leg press and I do leg extensions and calves on the man's multi muscle whatever its called. Then I did chair yoga from YouTube.

Cheryl, where did you move? I missed that you sold your house. Two or three years ago I was being a smart aleck on my Total Gym and hurt both shoulders and wrists. And the left side of the sternum is forward of the right. Both wrists need surgery too. The A/C joint will be fixed by cutting off about a half inch of the clavicle. Not sure what else he'll do to it. The A/C joint usually doesn't have a good outcome. The MRI showed a complete rotator tear so that needs fixed. Apparently that's why I couldn't lift my arm for a year after the accident. I didn't go to the Dr back then because I knew I'd need surgery. My SI joint was a pain and I couldn't be bothered. The only things I can't do are pushups and using his muscle contraption for chest but that's because of the wrists. It's getting difficult to bend the arm for eating or drinking but I can use the other arm for that. Soup might be a problem tho.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:09 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender: At Home Butt and Thigh Workout, and a bike ride with DD as well as exploring our neighborhood on foot. There is a grassy free space with a creek and hills around the backyards of our part of the development, so we were checking that out.

Linda, I moved to Nashville. We sold our house and the closing took place about a week and a half ago. So we're still moving in. We're renting right now. Great neighborhood. We have friends in town and lots of resources here. I remember your Total Gym accident. Terrible that it had such sweeping consequences. I hope your surgeon can bring you a lot of relief!

Diana, the Blessings Boxes look like Little Free Libraries. Same concept. Very cool! We carry around homeless bags in our car. DD cares a lot for the homeless.

Cheryl
Old 10-05-20, 05:48 PM  
Diana3271

Cheryl Yes, it's the same concept. That's wonderful about your DD. She is such a sweetheart.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-05-20, 08:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hi everybody. Quick check-in before my zoom rehearsal.
Oceanview walk, then bs on the ball with Leslie.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 09:43 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1+ hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-05-20, 10:39 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. Mom is still in intensive care, but the nurse says she is doing ok. She still has to have a feeding tube due to swallowing problems, but they hope it can come out soon. I wasn't able to talk to her today as she was asleep when I called both times. DS is doing well in LA and likes his classes and being a TA. He's been calling a lot so that's been good and definitely the housework and laundry has gone down.

Linda, good to hear from you, but sorry you have to have surgery. Nevertheless sounds quite necessary.

Cheryl, glad to hear you are getting settled and things are going so well for you and the family.

Cynthia, hurrah for cleaner air. Hope that stays that way and all the other fires get put out.

Diana, the Blessing Box sounds just lovely and such a wonderful service to the community. Just beautiful that you are working on this!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 06:50 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today will be a busy day. Everything landed on one day, the Bible study class I help teach, my hair appointment, and our Ladies meeting at church. I doubt I will get a formal workout in. I will try to get as many steps in as I can get.

Lynn There is a wooded area across from our church. We have noticed that there has been an increase of the homeless people living in there. It's really sad.

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-06-20, 09:34 AM  
lynnf

Lauren Z health workout. Couldn't do one exercise due to my shoulder issue. Need to do the rehab shoulder work more. Also sore from barre3, which introduced one leg deadlifts yesterday with a heavy weight. They are getting serious these days, with more kettlebell type exercises included.

Diana, funny how retirement has gotten you way too busy! They say that the best way to retire is to retire to something not from something so you have done it the right way.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 03:12 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi Lynn, Good to see you. Do you know what's wrong with your shoulder?

I tested positive again for MRSA because I'm a carrier. One third of the population are carriers. I have to be treated before surgery so it doesn't get in my incision or replacements.The man will drive 3 hours one way to take me to the infectious disease doctor and go back home. What a crazy man!

I'm going to do kickboxing with Gilad because I need to punch something even if its imaginary. Surgery is going to mess up our plans for my 70th birthday in December.

The plumber is here. He'll replace my water heater tomorrow. Maybe I better not work up a sweat.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote