Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-19, 04:13 PM  
BunnyHop

Thanks for the review, I hadn't been certain what they did.
Old 05-27-19, 03:46 PM  
Dabbadooey

Thanks for the review. Some of their advertising has turned me off, but I was curious about it.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 04:35 PM  
Cerulea

Great review -- I tried Noom for a few months myself, and found it frustrating for many of the reasons you mentioned.

Never occurred to me that the coach was a bot...but that would explain a lot!!

I thought the articles were the best thing about it -- the psychology was pretty solid. But what ultimately led to my canceling was that, behavioral psychology aside, it's basically just a calorie counting program, and not a particularly good one at that. I found the food logging interface really tedious as well.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 07:33 PM  
JezthePuff2

I'm doing the two week trial now, and I've found it helpful. That said, I really don't like the calorie counting, and I agree that the red, yellow and green categories seem kind of arbitrary. Also there are some foods that I would consider healthy that come up "red." I guess I don't consider nuts (though fattening) to be in the same category as, say, a candy bar.

Also, I'm so glad you mentioned the weirdness of the coach aspect. My coach comes around randomly, but doesn't seem to answer much. She checked in today, and she did give me a specific response, but she's definitely not timely and seems to miss answering questions. I realize it's not supposed to be constant communication, but I started to think I had a pretty unengaged coach. LOL!

I have a few days to decide if I want to continue. I'm not too worried about the cost. If it's helping keep me accountable and on-track, it's worth it to me. And I like my newly formed habit of getting on the bus in the morning and going through my articles, tasks, quizzes, etc.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 02:32 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

FYI, if anyone is enjoying the Noom trial, but is cautious about sticking with it because of cost, just try to cancel and they will offer it to you at a reduced rate! I can't remember what the price reduction was, but I recall it was fairly significant.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 05:36 PM  
Negin

This is an old thread. My trial will end in a few days and I'm loving it so far. I may choose to go on it for a year. I don't feel that my coach is a bot. My daughter is also using the free trial and she doesn't feel that way also. Of course, we could be wrong.
Old 10-31-20, 08:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Nuggie, thanks for sharing your experience.

I had seen the ads for this system, and i could tell from far away it was a hook or some type of subscription system.

i'm glad it's working for those who posted on this thread. good luck!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 04:00 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
FYI, if anyone is enjoying the Noom trial, but is cautious about sticking with it because of cost, just try to cancel and they will offer it to you at a reduced rate! I can't remember what the price reduction was, but I recall it was fairly significant.
Thank you for this tip!

I talked to my daughter last night and she's been having conversations, ongoing, back-and-forth, with her coach. She doesn't believe that hers is a bot at all. She's one whose opinion I respect, since that's her line of work at the moment.

Tags
noom