Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-20, 07:52 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did Perfect30 Pump Total Body Timesaver premix. It was 31 minutes and I really liked it since I don't prefer weight work. It was the upper body warmup and about 16 minutes of upper body moves then only about 8 minutes of lower body exercises with the lower body cooldown. I think it's a great use of 30 minutes. I haven't gotten out my 20 pound weights in a long time, so that was a good thing too.

Funny story about Finley. (first some background: I hate cell phones, we have terrible cell service and I much prefer to use a landline phone.) I was on the phone with my stepmother tonight. All of a sudden I hear this awful piercing sound and then the call disconnected. I looked over and there was Finley standing on the buttons of the phone and then he stepped on the button to disconnect the call! He's was just looking around, all innocent like. I called my stepmom back and told her what happened and she got a good chuckle out of it. I think cats are just the best critters out there.
Old 10-30-20, 04:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Fierce Friends!! Yes, very hard to tell what day it is these days.... I was thinking it was Thursday!!

And a belated happy anniversary, Kim, and congratulations!! Very funny about Finley and the phone call.

This morning I did the Perfect 30 Lower Body + LB bonus -- I loved it and thought I might have to change my mind about my favorite Cathe workout. I cannot wait to try the total body premix -- I'm thinking it might be my new favorite. I love the idea you guys have about alternating low impact and high impact moves for a premix -- that would have been so great! I think they got a bit "lazy" with this release in trying to get it out quickly (I can't really fault them for that). I was thinking that for past series, I think she would have filmed a couple of different extended stretches. Maybe I'm dreaming but that would have been nice.

After the lower body workout I did an hour walk and a half hour of easy yoga -- Vytas and mostly just stretching. It was a full morning!!

horusosiris, yes, let's plan an IMAX 2 day.... anyone else up for that? I still have the low impact Perfect 30 to do, which I think I'll do tomorrow. So, tell me when and I'll do it. It'll be interesting to see how it goes since it's been a while for me.

Waves to all -- have a great weekend!! We get an extra hour!
Old 10-30-20, 08:50 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did Perfect30 Mobility. I liked the workout but I am really tight and some of the moves were not comfortable. I realize this is the point - to get you more flexible and I definitely need it. I thought I was going to feel really good and stretched out when I was done, but I ended up with a headache and a wonky neck. I'm sure it will pass though. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-31-20, 12:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Friends!

Thursday I did Patrick's Hard Work Conditioning and yesterday I did Patrick's Dance Remix. I didn't remember much about HWC, but I liked it. It was pretty tough, partly because I didn't know what weight to pick and I probably went too heavy for the movements. There was a balance challenge to it as well and let's just say I need some work in that area. I was much better grasping all the moves this time around. I'm liking all the dance moves. Today I plan to revisit the pump workouts and the mobility workout.

Are you guys doing anything for Halloween? We usually have a neighborhood gathering in our cul de sac and it's still going on this year but with more social distancing. I'm not really comfortable with being around a lot of people so I'm planning on taking my candy out to the table that's set out then going back inside. I see one neighbor in particular whose parents, kids and grandkids are constantly in and out of their house (only one couple actually lives in the house) and have never seen a mask on any of them or any attempt at keeping their distance. Who knows who or what they have been exposed to. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Kim, funny story about Finley!

kittymax, I'll start STS with you whenever you are ready. Hope they come soon, I know you are anxious! I'll probably combine it with Patrick or Amy cardio. I know Shock Cardio was "supposed" to be the companion cardio to STS, but since it was released later I didn't use it with STS and don't plan to this time around.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 02:17 PM  
Mickey12

cataddict we don’t normally do anything for Hallloween, but this year we are taking my stepmom with my stepsister and her husband to a drive through Halloween light show at a local farm. It’s the same as the Christmas drive though light shows but with Halloween themed lights. We’re meeting for dinner first. It should be a fun time.

Today I did Perfect30 yoga. I liked this one for a day when I just want some light work and don’t feel like doing anything crazy. It was a good mix of strength, balance and stretch but not really a lot of any one thing given that it’s only 30 minutes. I really enjoyed the music.
Old 10-31-20, 03:31 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
cataddict we don’t normally do anything for Hallloween, but this year we are taking my stepmom with my stepsister and her husband to a drive through Halloween light show at a local farm. It’s the same as the Christmas drive though light shows but with Halloween themed lights. We’re meeting for dinner first. It should be a fun time.

Today I did Perfect30 yoga. I liked this one for a day when I just want some light work and don’t feel like doing anything crazy. It was a good mix of strength, balance and stretch but not really a lot of any one thing given that it’s only 30 minutes. I really enjoyed the music.
We’re going tonight too. Putting the candy bags on a table this year then going to the 9 pm show. Have fun!!! Happy Halloween!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 05:01 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Halloween!

Today I did an ES back work and I added in some pullups after the third exercise. I have to to do pullups more often because I was noticed that I was getting a bit rusty. I also did a Prefect Pro Legs video that is part of Sleek's "Everybody" 14 day program.

Mickey - that was a cute Finley story.

Cataddict- HWC is good. I think that Dance remix is one of the few Patrick workouts that I do not have. DH and and a son build a big spook house on the lawn, they painted it and I I decorated it. There are individual wrapped packets of candy on a table that the trick or treaters can take with them. They also put a projector on the lawn that randomly shows scary clips and makes gruesome sounds. It seems like a good idea to keep your distance since your neighbors do not wear masks.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 05:54 PM  
manleym

Happy Halloween Everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Quick check-in:

Can't remember where I left off so I'll start with Thursday. I did Tracie Long's Push Back + Travis's Power Yoga Flow and Stretch on YouTube. Then I did Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid Cardio HiiT Bonus + Extended Stretch. It was a good workout and I liked it, especially the step bonus. Kittybug, not surprised that you did the premix with ALL of the cardio That would be intense! Hence, that's why you're now called Kittymax!

Friday I found Emily-Clare Hill Become More Chill on YTube. Bee, I needed my Emily-Clare fix! Later I pulled out Tracie Long's Metabolic Strength #5 & 6. They are great workouts, especially 6! There are some really good, different moves. There is no stretch, so I pulled out her Stronger Longer 2 and did the Thoracic/Mobility + stretch. BTW, Stronger Longer 2 and several of her other workouts are free to Amazon Prime members for anyone interested.

Today I did Patrick Goudeau Kitchen Sink Conditioning + 40 min Gentle Yoga Stretching for Athletes on Youtube. I really like Patrick! The music in this one isn't great, but I know its' an older workout so maybe it was good back then. I like that both Tracie and Patrick do alot of balance and functional moves. They work muscles differently than Cathe, which is a nice balance.

horusosiris your Halloween set up sounds fun! Great idea to keep the candy out on a table in bags. I hope you have a good turnout. Sounds like ya'll are the fun house on the block! Oh, and I looked at there is no doubles premix for the lower body. I don't think there are ANY doubles, except for the HiiT. That's too bad. I think ChelePA mentioned this too, but the premixes are really disappointing. There could have been some AMAZING premixes.

Kim, and ChelePA sounds like ya'll have some fun Halloween plans. Hope the lightshow is good! Kim, loved the Finley story! How cute! Cats have so much personality!

Cataddict, I don't blame you about not wanting to be around your neighbors. You just can't be too careful. I would do the same thing. I also really like Patrick's HWC. I've looked at HWC2, but haven't bought it yet. Do you have it? I think there's another one - HWC 24/7 but I don't have that one either. And I don't have any of his step or dance workouts. I have his metabolic, athletic style workouts and like them all.

Bee I agree about P30 Lower Body + LB Bonus. I loved it too! It just flew! I agree that Cathe's team may have rushed to get these out so the premixes aren't all that great. There could have also been a couple of different core workouts too, along with the extended stretch. And the premixes could have been amazing. In case you can't figure it out, I'm sad there aren't better premixes.

Waves and hugs to all! Hope you are all safe!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 08:24 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
We’re going tonight too. Putting the candy bags on a table this year then going to the 9 pm show. Have fun!!! Happy Halloween!!!
Wow! We were at the 7:00 pm time slot. It was fun! Lots of really cute displays. I hope they did well with it and expand it for next year. It was longer than I thought it was going to be. Did you ever go to the Christmas light show at Hershey Park? That one is huge.
Old 10-31-20, 09:58 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today I did the upper/lower body premix. LOL I thought I picked a different one the first time then remembered part way through that it's the same sequence as I did before. D'OH! Anyway it's the 54 minute one and I followed it with the Mobility Stretch premix. I've done the extended stretch probably 4 times this week so I wanted to try something different for a stretch but not the whole 30 minutes. This one clocked in at 20 minutes and I liked it for an active stretch.

manley, I have both HWC2 and HWC 24/7. IIRC HWC 2 was harder than HWC, but I will confirm that when I do it either tomorrow or Monday. Part of that had to do with whether I used an 8 or 6 inch step. There was some balance work in it that was tough for me as well. It's a challenging one, and my favorite of the three HWCs. HWC 24/7 had a menu that was a bit confusing, but I can't remember exactly why. I like it, but also haven't done it in awhile. I also like most of what Patrick does so I'm not an unbiased source. horusosiris, there are a few Patricks I don't have. I think he did a couple of intermediate workouts that I didn't get, and I only have one of the two ABC workouts. I might pick up what I don't have, as they are becoming scarce.

Nathalie, I don't know that I will ever do just one of the 30 minute workouts as is, except maybe the yoga and mobility ones. I normally don't do just 30 minutes, so doing an hour of pump or HiiT probably makes these workouts more advanced to me. I don't think either of the HiiT workouts on their own would be as advanced. Not like the Shock Cardio HiiTs anyway.

Kate, I also agree that Athletic Step and Step Moves aren't favorites to me, particularly Athletic Step for some reason. Maybe they seemed less "fun" and more work.

Kim, Chele and horusosiris, your Halloween plans sound fun! Turns out I didn't even go outside. I looked out and there were a ton of people (mostly the extended family of the non mask wearing neighbor), all crowded together and no masks. I'm not trying to be paranoid or fearful, but a) I didn't want to get into any potentially contentious discussions and b) we have a friend who is in cancer treatment right now so she has a compromised immune system and don't want to take chances of carrying something to her. Hopefully next year we will be back to "normal" whatever that may be!

bee and horusosiris, I'll do IMAX 2 with you if you guys do it. Just let me know when.

kittymax, did STS come today??

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in