Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-11, 07:34 PM  
MM-Om

OK this is an expensive month. I just ordered Jumpstart 370. I forgot that I had a nice balance on Paypal so I ordered from the manufacturer. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-10-11, 08:00 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
Oh just perfect...my local Craigslist has a Jumpsport 350 for $200 and says its mint. Although the skirt looks like someone was jumping on it with dusty feet, maybe it is just a bad picture. That is $179 less then the 370, but it is used.

Would you all buy a used one?
yup but did you see the amazon deal up till 6/15 with the amazon visa?

you really do not get much extra jumping room with a petal mat but for lying on the rebounder, it is more comfortable. I was quite pleased with the skirt mat while waiting for the improved petal mat to be delivered.

my petals are dust collectors by the way!

Barb S
who wouldn't be such an enabler if not 100% thrilled with my bungee
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:05 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
OK this is an expensive month. I just ordered Jumpstart 370. I forgot that I had a nice balance on Paypal so I ordered from the manufacturer. Thanks for your help!
you can email them and ask if you can get one of the dvds free that they were offering in May with the purchase of a Fitness Trampoline. Doesn't hurt to try, even though I prefer the cardio on the dvd that is included with the 370.

Barb S
Old 06-10-11, 08:30 PM  
sunnyside

I was also one of the few that got to try all the mats. The Skirt mat will be just fine and it is quieter. I prefer shoes with the skirt mat and barefoot with the petal mat, if that helps any. My daughter has the 250 and it is great as well. Hardly a noticably difference.

I use mine almost everyday. One of the best and most fun purchases I've made. And this is coming from someone that thought you couldn't get a good workout on a rebounder and that they were kinda dumb and for old lazy non-exercise type people. Boy was I wrong! I'm loving jumping along with the Michael Jackson pandora station at the moment.

ETA: opps, I meant the skirt mat is quieter than the petal mat. fixed it

Last edited by sunnyside; 06-11-11 at 08:27 AM. Reason: ,
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 11:24 PM  
laurajhawk

I ordered the Costco package. (Another commission for Barb ) I am NOT a Costco member - I was able to order on the website anyway and pay an extra $15 non-member surcharge. It is still a good deal.

I read a fair bit about the various models and for me, quiet is really important. I work out in the room next to where my DH is sleeping and need to be able to hear the TV with it down low. People say the 350 is really really silent, and the 370 makes a little noise from the petals flapping. So I was happy with the Costco deal. (I haven't actually received it yet. I just think I'm going to be happy, lol. Hey it was tax refund - free splurge money!)

The Craigslist one sounds good too. I stalked my Craigslist for a little while, but I have no patience.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 08:11 AM  
counterclockwise

nevermind, i got it
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 01:31 PM  
CHAPLYN61

The Jumpsport sounds great, but if you are new to rebounding and not sure that this is going to be for you, is the Urban Rebounder such a bad deal?
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 02:27 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
The Jumpsport sounds great, but if you are new to rebounding and not sure that this is going to be for you, is the Urban Rebounder such a bad deal?
I think it depends on how well you can modify.
If I only used a UR and a UR workout, I wouldn't have clicked with rebounding because their rebounder and jumping style is very hard on my hips and feet.

Barb S
who already loved bouncing just sitting on a stability ball before I even tried my first rebounder from Walmart
Old 07-03-11, 03:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm happy to read positive comments about Jumpsport 350. I just ordered it on Friday from Costco and will probably get it by the end of next week.

Years ago, I had a cheap rebounder and thought it was OK, if a little stiff. Then I had a chance to try UR and the difference between the two was huge! I thought the UR rebounder was the best thing ever. Now, since everyone is saying how much better Jumpsport is as compared to UR - I really can't wait to get it. My rebounder gets a lot of use since I do all my high impact on it.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 04:57 PM  
horsemom2

It really is which rebounder you have already tried that affects which rebounder would be your favorite which in turn, could also work in reverse.
If somebody got a Jumpsport as their first rebounder, she wouldn't realize how much better it is than a UR and so on. I was usually happy when I traded up, starting with the old Walmart model (not the Gold's Gym they currently sell). Next, I liked The Body by Jake for its size but its bounce was really stiff. Then the ReboundAIR had a softer bounce than The Body by Jake.
Probably preferred the UR to the ReboundAIR except it hurt my feet and I prefer to workout without shoes. Before the Jumpsport, the YogFlex I bought after the ReboundAIR but before the UR was my favorite for its larger circumference. Its similar Body Burner was again too stiff and slightly smaller. If the straps on my YogFlex hadn't started to fray, there wouldn't be a Jumpsport in my home and I never would have known what I was missing.
Now that I have the 370 with the improved petal mat as well as the 350's skirt mat, I can honestly say they are equal for me. I am also happy I didn't cave for a Bellicon because of its expense even with the larger circumference because the cords probably would have been replaced by now since my son uses the Jumpsport even more than I do. I wasn't even sure which cords to get for it since I weigh more than my son. Maybe if I had tried the Bellicon, I would prefer it to the Jumpsport but no need for me. I found my prince of a rebounder after kissing many frogs and do not need the king

Barb S
who will gladly buy another set of cords in 5 to 6 years instead of a set every year to 18 months for a Bellicon

Tags
jumpsport, rebounder