Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-15, 07:04 PM  
Chomper

Oh gosh, I hope they add Body Jam eventually. $12.99 a month would be a bargain for an insane danceaholic like me. Sh'bam is fun and much less choreography to learn, but I prefer Body Jam.

Grit is awesome too.

I feel like I should sign up so there's a better chance they'll expand and add Body Jam.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 01:06 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I signed up and cancelled. I'll get the free trial for 10 days. I would have kept it, but the classes are only 30 minutes long, meaning that they cut the workouts midway through the workout. Now, if the full classes were available, I would keep it.
Hi Debbie! Are all the classes one hour classes that they cut to 30 minutes?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 06:37 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi Debbie! Are all the classes one hour classes that they cut to 30 minutes?
Not Debbie, but I have the free trial. Body Combat, Pump, Sh'bam are hour long classes that have been cut. The others - like RPM, CXWorx, and Body Balance/Body Flow are all full length at 30 minutes. GRIT is 20 minute HIIT training, so they are full length, too.
Old 07-01-15, 07:24 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Not Debbie, but I have the free trial. Body Combat, Pump, Sh'bam are hour long classes that have been cut. The others - like RPM, CXWorx, and Body Balance/Body Flow are all full length at 30 minutes. GRIT is 20 minute HIIT training, so they are full length, too.
Are they cut in half and the other half shown in different workout? In other words, can you string the two of them together to make one workout? Or is only the first half of a workout shown? Hope that makes sense!

Yikes, I do NOT need to subscribe but I feel tempted, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 07:30 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Are they cut in half and the other half shown in different workout? In other words, can you string the two of them together to make one workout? Or is only the first half of a workout shown? Hope that makes sense!

Yikes, I do NOT need to subscribe but I feel tempted, lol.
Ha! I know what you mean. But no - they are just the first half of the class. There are different classes. They don't cut off in the middle of a round - they wait until that round is done, but there is no cool down or stretch.

The do offer a few kind of rotations broken down by Cardio, strength, HIIT and Core/Flexibility.
Old 07-01-15, 07:44 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Ha! I know what you mean. But no - they are just the first half of the class. There are different classes. They don't cut off in the middle of a round - they wait until that round is done, but there is no cool down or stretch.

The do offer a few kind of rotations broken down by Cardio, strength, HIIT and Core/Flexibility.
Do you get the full class or, perhaps in the case of Body Pump, are there body parts not covered in the shortened version? I can live without a cool down and stretch, but it would bug me to leave a body part out.
Old 07-01-15, 07:44 AM  
Rhonda

Icequeen7 you can preview each class. go to workouts and pick the class and then scroll down pass the big picture and there are 3-4 smaller pictures. some show different exercises and one is a class in session - they are about 30-40 seconds long but gives you an idea.

The GRIT series look tough.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 08:04 AM  
Malia

I'm really interested in this too. I haven't signed up for the free trial yet, but when I browse through the site it looks like there are only a couple of classes offered - the rest are tutorials and that type of thing. Is that true or is that just what you see when you're browsing the site? I'm also worried about the classes being cut. Like we will do squats & lunges & maybe chest and then they'll cut the class before any arm/shoulder work
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 09:47 AM  
DeepSeaSue

SIGH. I was soooo excited to try this but it's not available to Canadians
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 11:02 AM  
lesia

The BodyPump classes are missing the biceps/triceps tracks. I subscribed to compare the real workout with the On Demand and what I saw with the master classes is that these tracks are missing. Believe me, if you had not seen an original BP MasterClass, you wouldn't know you were missing something. It's seamless.

I subscribed to see the difference and then I cancelled.
Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills, les mills on demand