Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-15, 10:31 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Help me tweak my rotation for killer arms!

Hi everyone

I need a little rotation help! I have a lot of free time this summer (I am taking a class and doing some other things, but my schedule is pretty flexible) and have some time to spend on fitness. But I have a looming appointment in late August for any last-minute alterations to my wedding dress...

The good news:

1) The dress fits. It was the 'floor model' they had in stock, but it fits. My mother seemed obsessed with me losing weight for it, but they clearly told her it's fine, it fits, and while I should not gain anything, it does fit.

2) That said, if I lost about three inches, it would be more comfortable. I feel like this is attainable with my current rotation, which has been about ten minutes a day of alternating upper and lower body strength, followed by 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio.

3) The dress hides some trouble areas nicely. I always worried about my somewhat thick legs, but you can't see them at all, and the style gives my waist a little definition and hides the tummy for the most part. Those are the areas I was worried about...

Now, the bad news. I could not find a dress with sleeves. The neckline is very open to emphasize the cleavage, which is realistically my best feature. But you'll see it if my arms don't look good.

The wedding is in October, so I have some time here, and I won't be back at work until early September. So...

Killer arm ideas? I have a lot of stuff already; I have had decent results with Barry's Bootcamp in the past, but I can burn out on it really fast since I have over-used it before. I also have a lot of random bits and pieces like ten-minute solution DVDs and Biggest Loser series.

I don't currently have a DVD player, but all my workouts have been ripped onto
my computer so I can mix and match them any way I want to. If you are going to recommend for me something new, I would prefer something off of YouTube, or something I can buy as a download only. I can do a DVD if I have to as I do have access to a DVD ripper, but I would prefer not to.

Oh, and here is the dress:
http://www.morilee.com/bridals/voyage/6806

Thanks for any tips/advice! I can get killer arms by October, right?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-15, 10:55 PM  
Loriann

What a beautiful dress! I am sure you will be stunning in it no matter what, but we always want to tweak something don't we?

I have been having great results with the tank top rotation http://cathe.com/forum/threads/more-.../#post-2148542.

The best thing about this is you can sub any upper body, lower body, cardio workouts you own to follow this. I have been doing Cathe for the first three strength days and horizontal conditioning for the total body weight day. Since it is summer, I usually get an extra walk in here and there too besides the cardio.

Good luck and best wishes!

Lori
Old 06-29-15, 11:00 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink

Congratulations Joanna!
There are some great toning workouts for the upper body on the Blogilates YouTube channel :-)
Old 06-30-15, 12:07 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Congratulations Joanna! The dress is stunning and I'm sure you will look absolutely gorgeous in it!
Old 06-30-15, 01:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Congrats! And what a beautiful dress!

Here is a killer Upper body wo, for killer arms : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEKF9NNiaKk, she has lot of videos so check her out! I also recomend Jessica Smith youtube stuff.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 06:39 AM  
Tugger31

As much as I dread them, PUSHUPS give my arms results.

You could do different hand variations. I have also done this routine for variety 2-3 times per week, also works the core so a bonus...

http://www.olivesnwine.com/wp-conten...-Workout-1.jpg
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 07:25 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

The dress is beautiful! I'm sure you will look stunning in it, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I second the recommendation for checking out Cassey Ho's Blogilates YT channel, her UB workouts always surprise me with DOMS the next day. Also https://www.youtube.com/user/popsugartvfit has some great short (and longer) workouts with some special focused ones on arms/UB!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 07:30 AM  
sherry7899

I don't have any advice. I just wanted to say "congratulations" and I know you will look stunning

Hugs,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 07:52 AM  
Aunt Famous

Beautiful dress.

I checked out Ballet Beautiful Body Blasts from the library. The section called Swan Arms -- weightless dancer arm movements -- about did me in. I can see where you'd get nice arms doing that with everything else, so I've thrown it into my own arm rotation.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 08:09 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Congratulations, Joanna!! The dress is very lovely and I'm sure I'm echoing others when I say you'll be a beautiful bride!

That said, are you someone whose arms respond better to heavy(er) or light(er) lifting? I know some women get great results with Tracy Anderson-style stuff with 2-3 lb weights. If you do, Tracy Campoli, for example, has a whole bunch of free arm workouts on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTcam...rch?query=arms. Lots of other 'lightweight' instructors too, of course.

Otherwise, there's the Firm (Body Sculpt and Super Body Sculpt come to mind with their short upper body segments) or Cathe, etc.

You can even go retro with Cory Everson's Get Hard Arms & Shoulders, and/or Tamilee Webb's I Want Those Arms. Other pyramid-style instructors are Cathe, Joyce Vedral (weren't you a fan of hers?) and I think even Kelly Coffee-Meyer has a pyramid workout now.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, swan arms, upper body