Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-14, 06:45 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

A recommendation for the EMG Live Fitness site - I signed up (no credit card required) and got 2 free credits (that is one class free). I did one of the Jeni-Barre classes last night, and oh my goodness, it was fun, but tough! Definitely closer to the Physique57 type of barre workout than a Suzanne Bowen or Barre3 workout - with good, upbeat music - I was pooped by the time I was finished.

I bought more credits this morning, although I don't think I will do this every night - it would probably be too much for me. The only drawback I see is that there haven't been any barre classes added since 2013.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 11:12 AM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I bought the 12 month. Shopdiscover had an extra discount, so it comes out to less than $3 a month.
Thanks!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 11:45 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
A recommendation for the EMG Live Fitness site - I signed up (no credit card required) and got 2 free credits (that is one class free). I did one of the Jeni-Barre classes last night, and oh my goodness, it was fun, but tough! Definitely closer to the Physique57 type of barre workout than a Suzanne Bowen or Barre3 workout - with good, upbeat music - I was pooped by the time I was finished.

I bought more credits this morning, although I don't think I will do this every night - it would probably be too much for me. The only drawback I see is that there haven't been any barre classes added since 2013.

Carol
I actually bought the one month subscription yesterday, but as I was looking through the videos, I noticed the same thing you did - that they were all 1 or 2 years old. Also, with some of the Jeni Barre classes, she used the same soundtrack for each class. While I do think the music selection is great (for the year it was released), the fact that they didn't have fresh content was a deal breaker for me. I actually asked for a refund (I've never done that before). I think that overall the site has the potential to be AMAZING if they would stick with it and produce fresh stuff consistently, because in my experience with streaming, that's what it's all about - the anticipation and excitement of getting new videos every week or so.
The owner immediately responded that she would issue me a refund. Here is her email:

Quote:
Of course Danielle, I will refund you and stop your subscription. I am
sorry that you didn't feel the classes are for you

We have DanceBody and Real Fit Ride every other week and are adding
Jeni-Barre in Sept. EMG is about the classic sweat - Dance, Step, Bosu,
Conditioning, Spin, -

Liz and Jenifer and Dee were transitioning their workouts..so needed a break
from filming. Jenifer opened her own studio, and we are going back in in
September to film her Barre class every other week.

Keep in touch, as I am getting many more instructors wanting to come to our
platform, as we are all about the Sweat and not the Drama.

Good Luck and look for the refund over the next two days.

All the Best,

Joyce
Overall, the classes were still great - it just worried me that there was nothing new. I will say that the Dance classes looked fantastic, and I did like the music on those! I will definitely check their site out again after September and see if they put out anything new. They really have the potential to compete with some of the best streaming sites out there - I'm just in a picky mood I guess
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 12:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I actually bought the one month subscription yesterday, but as I was looking through the videos, I noticed the same thing you did - that they were all 1 or 2 years old. Also, with some of the Jeni Barre classes, she used the same soundtrack for each class. While I do think the music selection is great (for the year it was released), the fact that they didn't have fresh content was a deal breaker for me. I actually asked for a refund (I've never done that before). I think that overall the site has the potential to be AMAZING if they would stick with it and produce fresh stuff consistently, because in my experience with streaming, that's what it's all about - the anticipation and excitement of getting new videos every week or so.
The owner immediately responded that she would issue me a refund. Here is her email:

Overall, the classes were still great - it just worried me that there was nothing new. I will say that the Dance classes looked fantastic, and I did like the music on those! I will definitely check their site out again after September and see if they put out anything new. They really have the potential to compete with some of the best streaming sites out there - I'm just in a picky mood I guess
Thanks for the explanation - I just bought $10 worth of credits (5 classes) and thought I would give it a trial run. I had already figured out that Jenifer had opened her own studio, and I'm glad to hear they will be filming new barre workouts in September.

Carol
Old 08-22-14, 02:02 PM  
suzannaerin

My DH just got me an iPad, so when we upgrade to FIOS next week, I'm going to subscribe to SBF. ALthough I'm a huge fan of Cathe's workouts, I'm not really even tempted to subscribe to her service. I've watched to free clips of her weekly classes, and although they look like fun, the camera shots seem to move around a lot (which could make it tough to follow or clearly see the correct form). Plus, the price is not right. I'll stick with her DVDs.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 04:32 PM  
Fidget Queen

For yoga, I love Lulu Bandha's. The production quality isn't great, but I truly like. the instructor. I don't even know what type of yoga it is. It is very spiritual, though, so not everyone's cup of tea. I paid for awhile a few ears ago but then injured myself ( during a move, not during the yoga ). When I can get into a regular yoga routine, I will go back. There's something about her teaching that just calms me down. You can use her yin videos for free by signing up for her forum.

http://www.lulubandhas.com/yoga/
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 05:04 PM  
that_tori_girl

Another (and newish) streaming barre option is Barre Fitness Anytime, http://www.barrefitnessanytime.com/.

I only did the 15 day free trial but liked what I tried.

Another yoga option is Reflexion Yoga. https://reflexionyoga.com/

I ended up subscribing to Reflexion because I got either a Groupon or Living Social deal and was using this site A LOT a number of months ago. Then, something happened -- I think they moved studios and were in the process of revamping their website -- and no new content was posted for awhile.

They're back at it and have a plethora of options for those of us who are time limited. Their catalog of ~30 minute practices is great and still growing.

It's primarily power yoga (and they have a weighted yoga section) so keep that in mind if power yoga isn't your thing.
Old 08-23-14, 06:00 AM  
rose2boys

Looks like Barre Fitness Anytime has added a bunch of new workouts since the last time I checked them out.. May give the Free Trial a whirl.
Old 08-23-14, 11:37 AM  
FirmHeels

Kaia, if it's not too much trouble, can you please add that Studio Sweat on Demand is $198.88 (two months free) for the year subscription? I did my 7 day free trial with them and immediately signed up for the year. This is my only subscription site right now, and I love the music and how addicted it has me to using my spin bike. There is something about the instructors, too, and how they motivate me. They are real and interact with the class, and I guess it makes me feel like I'm in the class with them.

Speaking of music, that EMG site looks phenomenal! I was worried when I clicked on the "All Classes" link and only about 20 classes showed up? Then I came back here and read further down the post and saw not much has been added recently. I will definitely check it out in September, though! It looks like something I will love! I am curious about the "no drama" part? There must be some subscription fitness site drama I'm not privy to, which is fine by me. lol
FirmHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 12:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmHeels View Post

Speaking of music, that EMG site looks phenomenal! I was worried when I clicked on the "All Classes" link and only about 20 classes showed up? Then I came back here and read further down the post and saw not much has been added recently. I will definitely check it out in September, though! It looks like something I will love! I am curious about the "no drama" part? There must be some subscription fitness site drama I'm not privy to, which is fine by me. lol
If you will select one of the types listed on the All Classes link, there will be a drop down of the dates those type classes were filmed. There are way more than 20 classes - I'm guessing 30 or so barre classes, with about 30 piloxing. I didn't check the others.

Carol

Tags
streaming