Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-15, 03:53 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up KCM's Lean Body Circuits

I am really enjoying this workout. I can go heavier on this one, which makes me feel powerful. This is coming from a person who HATES to pick up a dumbbell. The music is also pretty good. I normally do the combined workouts premix so I can get it all done at one time. I am thankful a kind VF'er shared this one with me.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 06:03 PM  
bubbles76

Yea this one is on my wishlist
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 08:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yea this one is on my wishlist
On mine too, as well as Cardio Pump!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 10:37 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Oh good to hear! I just ordered this one from Mary as well as Cardio Pump and some Michelle Dozois DVDs. I've been pretty good this year! I haven't spent nearly as much in past years.
Old 07-01-15, 07:10 AM  
Diana3271

I hope you enjoy Lean Body Circuits as much as I do.

I am interested in Cardio Pump, but I'm hesitant because I'm doing good to take out 1 set of weights. I doubt that I would want to use 3. Also, I workout in my office and don't have room to have all of that out at one time.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-01-15, 08:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Does Lean Body Circuits really feel like a "Circuit Burn 2"? I love Circuit Burn, especially the fun boxing combos and all the options you get with the premixes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 08:52 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Does Lean Body Circuits really feel like a "Circuit Burn 2"? I love Circuit Burn, especially the fun boxing combos and all the options you get with the premixes.
I haven't done the combined workouts premix with Circuit Burn in a while or I can't remember how this premix works on there. I usually do the shortened version. I like Lean Body Circuits better than Circuit Burn. In Lean Body Circuits combined workouts, she does cardio, boxing, lower body, upper body. I think this is the exact cycle. The point is that cardio/boxing are together and upper/lower weights are together. At one point I was thinking that I wished she had alternated weights/cardio, so I could get a break, LOL. Then I realized that with the heavier weights, it's probably best to do those sections back to back so you don't have to keep bending over to get those weights. I also like the music better in LBC's.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-01-15, 10:13 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I love circuit burn but lean body circuits so far isn't a favorite- I've done parts of it at least 3x and I'm finding the moves aren't challenging enough modified and impossible to do un-modified one move she's in a weird plank-like (hover plank?) and brings the dumbbell up and thru like she's doing rows- the modifier stands and does one row at a time. plus the modifier looks totally uninterested in what's going on. another move later is the same problem with not being able to do it without modification but the modification oversimplifies it for me. maybe I"m just missing Lauren but there was a different modifier in another workout and she was fine. I"m still trying to like this one - maybe I just need to practice those couple of moves and try to find another modification or go heavier with the weights or do both arms at the same time. the first time through was after a long 12 hr night shift so I had trouble with the cardio - I usually have trouble with the cardio- that part ws better the 2nd and 3rd times through but overall I prefer Circuit Burn. I also like the music and energy much better in circuit burn.
Old 07-01-15, 10:42 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

To me, this was a second major offering by Kelly on the circuit front, post Circuit Burn. But, it didn't strike me as Circuit Burn 2 - meaning that it was a close version of the same idea. As someone said up-topic, they are different models of combinations of exercises. I like it a lot, but not as a sequel to Circuit Burn.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 11:28 AM  
jEnNnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
To me, this was a second major offering by Kelly on the circuit front, post Circuit Burn. But, it didn't strike me as Circuit Burn 2 - meaning that it was a close version of the same idea. As someone said up-topic, they are different models of combinations of exercises. I like it a lot, but not as a sequel to Circuit Burn.
EXACTLY!! I am enjoying LBC, which I find somewhat similar to CB, but it is not CB. CB is one of my most used workouts of all times. One of my favorites, for sure.
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kelly coffey-meyer, lean body circuits, peripheral heart action