Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-22, 02:25 PM  
edensmom

For those that combine workout programs

Please tell me about your experience! I've seen people say they combine programs or maybe exercise modalities in different ways and I'm curious about what that looks like and what your results were.

Currently I am doing a more cardio based plan that has 2-3 days of circuit training per week and 3-4 days of cardio. I have gained about 30 lbs in the past 4 yrs, with nearly 20 in the past year alone and I'd really like to lose that weight. At this time in my life I find that I NEED cardio to make that happen. In general I prefer strength training to cardio workouts but I also prefer my clothes to fit! I am having some success with all the cardio and some diet changes but I miss my weights workouts. I was thinking to alternate week perhaps? So one week cardio heavy: 3 to 4 cardio and 2 circuits; next week 4 weights and one cardio??

I am also concerned that to be working opposite goals I could be spinning my wheels. I am not necessarily looking to GAIN muscle as I have a good bit but I'd like to preserve it and I enjoy it. As I said the main goal is fat loss. I have another 17+ lbs to go so that will take months. Not sure I want to go months with such minimal weight training. But I don't want to be wasting my time either.

Thoughts??

Last edited by edensmom; 04-05-22 at 02:28 PM. Reason: more info
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exercise routines, oprah bootcamp, rotations, sparks