Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 12:04 PM  
fatkat555

Hello, ladies!

I finally did a workout the other night, cardio on my Aeropilates machine. I wanted to lie down in case my ears made me off balance.

Yesterday was yard max, had to be done before this next round of rain comes in.

Antibiotics are helping the infection, but my ears are draining slower than a bayou. Each day is better, though, it’s just such slow progress. I’m impatient.

Jules- yay on the 4-day week!!

Kate - if you like blasts from the past on YouTube, there are some step routines from Gin Miller available.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 10:06 AM  
fatkat555

I was able to do Yee yoga last night, 20 minutes. My right ear was bubbly and sloshy, but it is anyway.

Hope I can build back up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-26-24, 12:09 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Fatkat: Had to chuckle about your ears draining slower than the bayou. But SO sorry to hear you're still struggling.
I do have one of Gin's old step workouts saved on YouTube. Its fun because she uses basic moves. I am still no good at complex choreography.

Jules: enjoy Spring break!!! We got winter back here in a major way. Since Sunday we've gotten about 8 inches of snow. Some places in MN way more. But it will melt fast as temps later this week go into the 40s.

Today I went way back and did Live 003 All About Legs. OMG!!!!! I had only done this once, liked it, but now I LOVE it!. It's almost entirely unweighted. Cathe does a couple segments with two 10lb dumbells. I opted to use nothing. Also uses loops and barre and stability ball. So much variety!

MY BUTT IS SO SORE!!! Actually everything, quads, hammies, inner thighs. I added on one of Chris' lower body stretch workouts and felt I really needed that. Without that I would be stuck in the basement as I couldn't walk up the stairs. LOL ;-)

So those who subscribe to Cathe Live, I HIGHLY recommend 003.

Yesterday was Live 487 Iron Upper plus a short light weight upper workout from ChrisD. Really feeling good this week.

Now I'm off to do some gentle yoga - my legs/lower body is still in need.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:52 PM  
fatkat555

Drive by post!

Checking in with Firm PowerSculpt. Maybe I’m on a roll?

Kate - if money wasn’t an issue, I’d subscribe to Cathe AND KCM. I have too many of their dvds as it is that sit untried. The only Cathe I don’t have are her STE 2.0, but of that set I do have the recovery dvds. I’m hoping I’m not in perpetual beginner-intermediate land because I really want to get back to my tougher workouts.

Old 03-27-24, 12:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Fatkat: In time I'm sure you'll improve your fitness level. At least you can do something!! Better than nothing!

OMG my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sore today and the Cathe vintage step I found on YouTube probably didn't help. However I just used 1 riser and kept the impact low.

That Live 03 was wicked. I used NO WEIGHTS and every part of my legs/butt are sore! Not bad sore, just worked hard sore.

Time for some yoga...stiff and sore.

Did I tell you how great Live 03 is? ;-)

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 03-28-24, 12:24 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Fatkat: In time I'm sure you'll improve your fitness level. At least you can do something!! Better than nothing!

OMG my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sore today and the Cathe vintage step I found on YouTube probably didn't help. However I just used 1 riser and kept the impact low.

That Live 03 was wicked. I used NO WEIGHTS and every part of my legs/butt are sore! Not bad sore, just worked hard sore.

Time for some yoga...stiff and sore.

Did I tell you how great Live 03 is? ;-)
Hola Fitchicks

I’m just stopping by to tell Kate that I took her recommendation on the GD thigh post about doing Live 03. I did it this morning. It really is awesome with lots of variety. But now Kate I’m scared I’m not going to be able to walk tomorrow .

My legs are already quite sore and it’s only been about 5-hours.

Hope all who celebrate have a very Happy Easter.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 01:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Hola Fitchicks

I’m just stopping by to tell Kate that I took her recommendation on the GD thigh post about doing Live 03. I did it this morning. It really is awesome with lots of variety. But now Kate I’m scared I’m not going to be able to walk tomorrow .

My legs are already quite sore and it’s only been about 5-hours.

Hope all who celebrate have a very Happy Easter.
I'm still a bit sore but not too bad.

Today I knew I did not want any more lower body stuff so I did Chris' Complete Upper Body and Abs Workout: Effective HOME Exercises with Dumbbells and Loop Band. Whew! Long title!
VERY good upper body with a strong core focus. Really blended well. I generally went a tad heavier than Chris as you only work 45 seconds.

Friday tomorrow already!!

Old 03-29-24, 12:11 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Good Friday! The week flew by! No Easter plans here..everyone is doing their own thing. I think of Easter's past with my Justin. He LOVED being with family!

I got my new Cathe loops and mini ball. The playground ball I was using just too small and I'm afraid my loops are stretching out. I got the whole loop set with the heavy/grey band.

Today I woke up with lots of energy and no soreness. So even though I worked upper and abs yesterday, today I did Cathe's Live 488 Compound Strength. I kept it fairly light/medium and it was really quite good. No killer challenge, but kept me moving and working and sweating.
I liked the slower pace. I tacked on a little extra stretch at the end and now almost time for some Yoga.

Have a great weekend all! Don't eat too much Easter goodies!

Old 03-29-24, 10:35 PM  
fatkat555

Hi, Tracy!!

So, Kate shared her pain with ya! Excellent!

I seem to be in perpetual restart-dom. Tonight was Horizontal Conditioning Getting Started, Workout 1 once through, PM Stretch with Madeleine Lewis.

Kate - you are right! Something is better than nothing. I always have to guard against jumping back in full force because that’s when I get hurt, suffer another setback. Slow and steady this time.

Old 03-30-24, 11:07 PM  
smilesolovely

Hey!! It's Liz

Hi Everyone!! I know it's been YEARS since I posted. Not sure if you even remember me lol. Hope everyone is doing ok. My fitness has been inconsistent these last few years. I literally just gave away half of my dvd fitness collection but still have a lot to work with. I also use mostly YouTube now for workouts. Love Heather Robertson channel.

I'm starting back Monday. I want to revisit TaeBo and maybe some Jari Love or KCM. I'm so out of shape 😭. I just turned 42 & it seems like the extra weight & lack of energy starting piling on at 40. Anyways, I want to start posting more if that's ok. I have very fond memories of all the support and knowledge from this group