Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-06, 03:19 PM  
F1mom

Talking Anyone Still Using WHFN FitPrime and/or KickButts?

Post here. Do you use them a lot, once in a while or hardly at all? Did they give result as good as FIRM Classics?

[I never bought the sets because I have EVDD (Exercise Video Deficit Disorder) which makes me want way more than I can afford at any given time ]
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 03:30 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You know I bought and traded for several of these and they are all still virgins. I have looked at them but never done them. That's not true with my Tracie Longs. I did all of those several times as soon as I got them.
Old 10-13-06, 03:55 PM  
Rosalind
VF Supporter

yes!

I have several workouts from the set (never bought the set). I regularly come back to Metaboost and Lean. I enjoy the variety of moves and always feel particularly good after doing them. (Can't speak to results because I rarely do any one type or series of workout exclusively.)

Rosalind
Old 10-13-06, 04:01 PM  
trish r
VF Supporter

I use them for coming back to exercise when I've been slacking. I have to say, that when I'm in decent shape, they are not that hard to do -- and I'm 53 years old. I consider the Classics to be more difficult.
trish r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 04:04 PM  
plcm111195

I just recently got into them. I don't have them all but I love Push Pull and Steamin' Cardio. I admit I liked the original Steamin' Cardio more but I really do like them both. I try to fit them in every month but it's hard to fit in all my favorites. I have the version of EVDD that makes me buy more than I have time to do.
Old 10-13-06, 07:09 PM  
dnna

have them, love them, use them a lot. I am 56, though, ans not as perky as many of the vfers here. They are an excellent workout for me. I just did Lean yesterday, followed by thelegs workout-can't remember the correct name. Together those two workouts combined for a great longer wo for me. I also did today cardio coach 6, using Leslie 3 mile walk as a visual, and doing the challenges on my reboundair. then I did Anna 's just right cardio and wts. and yoga. A nice finish. Often in the morning I will do Anna's Just right Fit Posture. Love.
But remember, i am the person she is making these for-a woman in her 50's-fitprime-a lot of people think they are easy and I am sure they are for the fitness buffs who love to workout. A beginner, or older person would find these very accessiable and you can improve with these. They are beautiful, and the music is , beyond a doubt the best in the exercise video market. JMHO
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 09:15 PM  
Gardengirl

I have just discovered these myself. I've been buying/trading here and at Yaya's for them. I really like them. I like that they are all under an hour, that they combine a bit of cardio with weights, yoga and pilates. Hits everything in one workout that I've been trying to work into some kind of rotation without much success. They don't have a lot of cardio, and if I feel like I need some more on a given day, I just add on a 20-30 minute cardio. I'm an intermeidate exerciser and they just about right for me! I think you could do heavier weights if you wanted to during the slower controlled moves, and use lighter weights for the four limb stuff if you wanted to make them more difficult.

Results? Don't know yet this is my first week (and I've hardly ever stuck with a rotation until now). I did read in another thread that these w/o's were probably made to be used in a rotation since each workout has a specific focus, but I think each seems different enough to not become boring in a rotation (at least for me).
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 09:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I traded away a few--my favorites are the ones Heidi Tanner and Kimberly Spreen are in. Love Fast Cheetah!
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 10:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I have just two WHFNs--Upper Body Burn and Pump--but I like them both and use them both pretty regularly. Since I haven't used them exclusively, I can't tell you anything about specific results, but I usually heavy up on the weights and have DOMS the next day. I also have 5 of the original FitPrimes, and I probably use them even more often (just did Crunch Time with Susan Harris today!).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 04:32 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I like them all. I do the KickButts more than the FitPrimes but find that I can make them as hard or easy as I want. With the FitPrimes if you sub a bodybar for the dowel you can get a really good upper body and core workout. I really like these for core and balance.
As someone else mentioned, if I am having trouble getting motivated, I reach for these. They are feel good workouts.

Tags
body bar, bodybar, weighted bar