Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-06, 02:07 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

My picks for you

I like these: Gilad Sculpt & Tone, Firm Strength, Firm Tough Tape 2 (you need to tack some abs on to the end of this one), Firm BSS2 add-on Super Body Sculpting, Firm Body Shaping Mix, Donna Read All Out Strength,
Kathy Smith's Project You--all of them: Full Body Circuit & the Upper/Abs & Lower/Abs, & Kathy Smith's Secrets to a Great Body (this one might be a little boring, though.)

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-06, 02:31 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
I don't think any of these are on DVD, are they?
You're right, I wasn't even thinking of that! I'm just striking out on my suggestions, huh? I think Extreme Intervals/Pump Party has recently been released on DVD.

I agree with a lot of the other suggestions too though - Donna Read All Out Strength & Gin Miller Simply Strong, also Simply Endurance.

I don't think I've seen this one mentioned yet but I really like Keli Roberts' Straight Up Sculpt, it leaves my core really sore! She uses a bodybar with resistance tubing on it but I modify with free weights.

So maybe these suggestions are better
roleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-06, 03:04 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

If you like low weight, high rep, the old KV standby Great Weighted Workout fits the bill. Also, have you thought about Iron Yoga?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-06, 06:11 PM  
belle411

I like any of the TLTs - Strength in Movement, Finding Your Core or Endurance for Movement.

I haven't done it or have it, but Kimberly Spreen's Progressive Strength looks interesting to me too.
Old 09-06-06, 06:41 PM  
antbuko

My favorite this year.....Progressive Strength.
Old 09-07-06, 09:28 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez
Icey, you didn't misread. I knew she said she didn't click with Cathe's stuff but I just love Cathe's strength training so much, I didn't want her to miss out just because she had only tried the one Slow & Heavy (which I personally didn't click with either).
Hi, What's the name of that Cathe's DVD??
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 09:29 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P.
I like these: Gilad Sculpt & Tone, Firm Strength, Firm Tough Tape 2 (you need to tack some abs on to the end of this one), Firm BSS2 add-on Super Body Sculpting, Firm Body Shaping Mix, Donna Read All Out Strength,
Kathy Smith's Project You--all of them: Full Body Circuit & the Upper/Abs & Lower/Abs, & Kathy Smith's Secrets to a Great Body (this one might be a little boring, though.)

Is Kathy Smith kind of annoying like she is in lift weights and lose weight? I think that DVD is great but she screams way too much!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 09:50 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

No, she does not scream at all in the Secrets workouts. She is completely different.
Old 09-07-06, 09:51 AM  
mtnmom

"Originally Posted by roleez
Icey, you didn't misread. I knew she said she didn't click with Cathe's stuff but I just love Cathe's strength training so much, I didn't want her to miss out just because she had only tried the one Slow & Heavy (which I personally didn't click with either). "

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg
Hi, What's the name of that Cathe's DVD??
I think the Strong Legs and Abs workout is from the Pure Strength Series, not Slow and Heavy. In either case, it's a tad dated and part of a 3-part series. So maybe it felt imcomplete to you. If you want to venture Cathe territory again, the cheapest full body workout DVD is Muscle Max, and it's a goodie. Another good one is Muscle Endurance (But it's paired with another workout and the price reflects it). Either of these are total body workouts and have premixes so you have options to break them up (Upper body one day, lower body the next day, "Timesaver" mixes, etc)

As to Kathy Smith, she's much calmer than in LWTLW. You'd hardly know it's the same person.
Old 09-07-06, 03:31 PM  
asiswriters

What about Amy Bento? I keep hearing about her but haven't tried any of her workouts yet . . . she has one called ALL PUMP, is it good?
asiswriters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, weighted bar