Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

Old 05-09-05, 10:03 AM  
melzie

I'm too cheap!

I wear an old tank top, that is now getting holes in it, and old biker's shorts, that trust me, I would never wear in public. Spandex is not meant for me to wear outside.
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 06:49 AM  
Helen

Clare - thanks

Read the bit you left for me. I understand now. Haven't seen it here - but then again, I don't investigate specialty sports wear stores. I generally don't perspire a lot, so when I have visible moisture on my clothing - I show it off to DH so he knows how hard I've worked! 'Wicking' might be worth a sticky at though anyway - a trip to look at sports clothing might be fun (or scary!) Thanks again for the info.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-05, 06:27 PM  
jordan

I wear clothes that are made for working out. I like the support and comfort they provide. Shoes are most important to me. I don't spend tons of money. I look for a reasonable price or sales.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 01:21 PM  
tiny_dancer

At the gym, I usually just wear a T-shirt or a tank top with some shorts, along with a sport bra, socks, and shoes. They do have a dress code where the main restriction is that no midriffs can be showing, so you'll never get to see or show off six-pack abs there, but then again, you won't have to see anybody's beer belly either. At home, I might substitute the top part with something where the abdomen IS visible, but that would be the only difference.

"A new study says that one of the advantages of the treadmill is that it's the highest calorie burner of the exercises. And the other advantage is that hamsters can now laugh at us." ~Johnny Robish
tiny_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 07:18 AM  
Kyra

I am very boring. I wear whatever is appropriate for the activity/weather/temperature. Like Debbie I do not skimp on shoes, EVER, as I figure it's easier to pay for shoes than to pay the piper. I wear running shorts to run, biking shorts to bike, can get away with inexpensive sports bras, and try not to wear anything immodest to the gym. I like wicking materials, and don't mind paying for stuff that's going to last for a while. As for stuff being "cute" or "matching" - well, that's usually an accident.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 07:40 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I wear a baggy t-shirt with the sleeves cut out (either Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix) and my underwear. If it's chilly I pull on yoga pants (which I mostly live in anyway).

I dress up a little more when I go to yoga class.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 07:50 AM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

I have an entire armoire full of workout clothes -and absolutely none of it is fancy. But there is a lot of it. I'm so impressed with you people who have 2 or 3 sports bras. I would have to do way too much laundry if I had that few. Laziness rules!

For biking, I just wear my regular workout clothes. I know that cyclists think that's strange, but it's what I do. These days that's shorts, a sports bra, and a t-shirt over. I have three swimsuits, at least one of which I rarely wear. I have untold sports bras -probably 25. I have yoga tops and yoga pants. I have shorts. I have a drawer full of white workout socks.

And I hate clothes shopping. How did this happen?

Andrea
Old 06-05-05, 08:38 AM  
Megan
VF Supporter

I keep rewaring my sports bras until I have a chance to do laundry. Sometimes I just bring them into the shower with me and wash them that way.

For workouts I have an assortment of shorts and t-shirts - whatever happened to be on sale at Winner's (TJ Max) when I needed something. I do like a little bit better quality because they hold up better with all the washing workout clothes get. I've been wearing the same for walking and biking but I'm really going to need to get some better shorts for both. Cotton shorts chafe too much when walking long distances (going shopping today!).

I do like to make sure that what I'm wearing goes togther somehow. Even though nobody sees me most of the time it bothers me if my clothes don't match.

I also wear a good champion sports bra (made like a regular bra with underwire), thick socks, and good shoes. I wear Ryka's for aerobics and strength training and Saucony for walking. Oh, and I also wear a sweatband when exercising indoors - two if I don't want to have to wash my hair.
Old 06-08-05, 01:11 AM  
benemma

T-shirt and shorts here.

It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 02:09 PM  
caligurl

i have tons of cute workout clothes!
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes, workout clothing