Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-03, 01:59 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Fun Friday Thread-Who's the most famous person you've ever met?

I'll start-

I was getting out of a cab 10 years ago, while attending a wedding in Ohio. I was due to deliver my daughter in a week or so, and I turned around and my stomach bumped into someone. I looked up and and whose face was right there?
Geraldo Rivera! I looked right at that moustache and said, "Hey Geraldo! I feel like I've known you my whole life!" We shook hands while introducing ourselves, giggled and off he went into his limo. I remembered being struck by how well dressed and manicured he was.

Anyone else want to share a run-in with a famous person to perk up this chilly Friday afternoon?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Janet
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:10 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

famous run in's

I used to work as a hostess at a restaurant and a lot of the SF 49'er football players would come in for dinner. I met Ken Norton Jr, Johnny Johnson, Gary Plummer, and some others that escape me.

I helped Vicki Lawrence pick out a sweater at the Gap once.

I met George Hamilton on an escaltor in Nieman Marcus. He was a complete jerk (but very tan ).

Sabine
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:11 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

I guess we're not talkin' about fitness celebrities?

Well then, it would have to be Hilary Rodham Clinton. After her, it would be a couple of stars from my favorite soap, The Young & The Restless. I met Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman), and Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) on two separate occasions.
Old 11-14-03, 02:16 PM  
sehkzoo
VF Supporter

Magic Johnson

went to MSU at the same time I was there. He was Earvin Johnson then . Anyway, my roommate wanted to meet him, so we went over and knocked on his door. His roommate was Jay Vincent and they absolutely FILLED the room. I'm only 5'3" so I felt so tiny!!. They were laying their carpet in their dorm room at the time and they asked us to help them! He kept talking about teamwork! I've liked him as a person ever since! Great smile.

When working in NYC, I used to do the travel arrangements for various stars - Yoko Ono, Christie Brinkley, Dustin Hoffmann, Shelly Winters and others. Never met them in person, but did speak with them once or twice on the phone, and saw them whenever they came into the office.

Those of you in LA and NYC must meet famous folks alot!

Have a great weekend!

"Do your best and forget the rest"
- Tony Horton
sehkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:18 PM  
flipperz

Fitness celebrity: Rick Mahorn (former NBA basketball player with the Detroit Pistons) at the airport in Minneapolis.

TV celebrity: Kelly Ripa at a "Sears" Promotion back when she first started on All My Children in the late 80s.
flipperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:20 PM  
michmt
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Cool topic!

I met Chris O'Donnell (Robin from the Batman movies) after a play he was performing in last year. Got my picture taken with him too..... He was very polite and absolutely GORGEOUS!

Also saw Noah Wylie in a Toronto restaurant a few years back.

Edited: Forgot about meeting Brad Sherwood from Whose Line Is It Anyway. We saw him at a comedy club and then talked to him after the show in the bar. Very cool guy!

Saw Dennis Rodman back in the late 80s at a local bar when he played for the Detroit Pistons. Also met Darren McCarty, Joe Kocur, and Dino Cicarelli of the Detroit Red Wings at a golf tournie!
Old 11-14-03, 02:25 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I got to meet Walter Mondale and his wife when he was vice president. I used to work at a hotel at a big ski area and checked-in several fairly famous people Treat Williams, David Naughton, lots of people famous in the skiing world, Gordon Getty (he owned the hotel and had his own private apartment), Bob Anderson (of stretching book fame, he autographed my book and gave me a new spiral bound edition when he saw how tattered and much used mine was). Of course there are the wonderful fitness "celebrities" I been lucky enough to meet at VF events, Kari Anderson, Christi Taylor. And the yoga "celebrities" that I've met at workshops and classes, Bryan Kest, Eoin Finn and many others. I still have yet to go to a Rodney Yee class, but it's on the list as well as Baron Baptiste.
Old 11-14-03, 02:29 PM  
bluecaffeine

Hmmm... I met Mario Lopez once from Saved by the Bell. Heheh! That was a while ago, though!
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:30 PM  
SuzanneM
VF Supporter

Quite a few

Fitness related: Tom Holland , Coach Troy, Jay Blahnik, Cathe......hmm, guess I could go on and on.

Non-fitness: Donny Osmond (VERY cute in person), Fergie, Carol Lawrence, Tom Brokow, several cast members from the Young and the Restless (hopelessly addicted), and I was given a bit spot on QVC. Can you tell I hang out at the Mall of America?

And how could I forget the time I stood in line with my son for TWO hours to meet The Rock. :rolleyes:

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-03, 02:35 PM  
cmhazlett

Most of my celebrity connections come from my going to Stanford. Reese Witherspoon lived down the hall from me in my freshman dorm. Fred Savage hit on me at a fraternity party (though I didn't recognize it was him because he was wearing a hat & it was fairly dark LOL). I also got hit on at a party one time by a Saudi prince. I was dating my husband so neither one got anywhere with me I also tutored Kameelah Phillips who was the African-American girl on the Boston season of MTV's "Real World". Then there were the 2nd degree connections: Tiger Woods was my husband's best friend's fraternity brother. Chelsea Clinton was in a chemistry study group with one of my sorority sisters.

My other brush with fame is training at the same ice rink as Nancy Kerrigan and Paul Wylie. I didn't know them personally, but they always seemed very nice and were considerate of the other skaters.

Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
celebrities, old thread alert