Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-19, 10:10 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I figure in a couple of years I’ll only need one book to read because I won’t remember the beginning when I get to the end and can just read it over and over.
Oh, that's great!!

I love this thread; such fun!

I've been holding off on buying DVDs and I have not discarded any, so I don't have the problem of duplicate DVDs. But books ... that's a different story. Now I'm using my libraries most of the time. But if there is a book I really want to purchase, I ALWAYS buy through Amazon. Simply because they have that little border at the top that says something like: "You purchased this item on Sept. 5, 2015". Then I can say - "omg - I did ?!? Where is it then???" Usually it's because my purchase was a Kindle book, and I lose track of them. My physical books are all organized by genre, so it's easy to see if I already have a physical copy of a book.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-19, 10:37 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I just did that with a book too! I've been on a Nevada Barr binge for the past couple months and was excited to see the one about Yosemite on the shelf at my library, only to discover when I went to add it to my Goodreads list that I'd already read it in 2011. Thank goodness I hadn't bought it.

The stiffness in my hips and reduced range of motion that has come on in just the past 18 months or so (I turned 51 two weeks ago) is shocking. I know I need to work in more yoga and stretching, but the motivation just isn't there... until I lift up my leg to unlace my running shoes and can barely lean forward

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-19, 07:03 PM  
Tanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
The stiffness in my hips and reduced range of motion that has come on in just the past 18 months or so (I turned 51 two weeks ago) is shocking. I know I need to work in more yoga and stretching, but the motivation just isn't there... until I lift up my leg to unlace my running shoes and can barely lean forward
I am 51 also and I noticed a quick decline in my flexibility/agility/range of motion within the last 24 months. I am working on getting my 'Cathe' level of fitness back but it is hard!
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging