Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-19, 11:43 AM  
gladgirl

I am happy to be in such good company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Forgetting things is small, wanting to exercise is big!

Yes! Yes! Yes!
(I, too, need more stretching. Love my weights. Have grown fond of cardio. But now I must stretch and need to figure it all in.)
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 07:49 AM  
Sollamyn

I'm sixty and have been adding stretching to my workouts for many years. It's not just KCM. Very few instructors have post-workout stretches that are adequate enough for me. In fact, I really can't think of even one. I guess they think people won't do their workouts if they add 15-30 minutes of stretching (which is usually what I end up doing after every workout ) to a 30-minute workout.

Donna
Old 08-05-19, 08:05 AM  
sherry7899

Gin Miller usually has thorough stretches.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I'm sixty and have been adding stretching to my workouts for many years. It's not just KCM. Very few instructors have post-workout stretches that are adequate enough for me. In fact, I really can't think of even one. I guess they think people won't do their workouts if they add 15-30 minutes of stretching (which is usually what I end up doing after every workout ) to a 30-minute workout.

Donna
Part of the problem is the new "shorter workout" trend. Sure, the workout is only 25-30 minutes, but it is usually devoid of a proper warm-up and cool-down. If you do them on your own, you're back to a 40-50 minute workout.

P90X is one of the few sets with good warm-ups and cool downs.

I was toying with the idea of doing a Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles rotation. So far, none of the workouts have even a minimal stretch. What's up with that???

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:16 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I agree most workouts don’t have an adequate stretch. I do a lot of yoga & Essentrics, but I frequently like to stretch on my own. I often stretch while I watch Netflix in the evening, it leaves me feeling relaxed.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:41 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I don't seem to get rid of DVDs, so instead I just buy them twice!

I attribute it more to disorganization than age. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Since we redid my workout space, I now have a bookshelf for my DVDs that are at least organized by instructor so hopefully I won't buy duplicates again! Not that there are a lot of DVDs to buy these days, but still I can now easily see what I have.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 11:06 AM  
Pam

I am in the Senior category and this past year I found it is very important I do 20-30 minutes of stretching 5-6 times a week. Recently i have added a few minutes of foam rolling as well and it has help to increase my flexibility.

Fortunately yoga DVDs are very common in this thrift stores. 😀
Old 08-12-19, 03:43 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I just did that with a book. I ordered it from Amazon, started to read it and realized that I read it already! At least I had borrowed it from the library the first time I read it and hadn't bought it twice.
At least you remembered reading it. I’m on vacation and am “shopping” my bookshelf for books to read on the beach. I’m reading books I know I’ve read before but remember so little about that it’s like reading a new book. I was wondering if I should be concerned about my memory but reading this post it seems like I’m in good company .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 05:27 PM  
Ricka

So many of THE FIRM workouts can be similar to me that I couldn't tell which one is which clearly unless I really love it. I can't tell one BSS 3 DVD from another from the series except for Advanced Cardio.

I imagine a similar thing could happen with Kelly's DVDs.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 05:51 PM  
Gams

I figure in a couple of years I’ll only need one book to read because I won’t remember the beginning when I get to the end and can just read it over and over.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging