Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-18-19, 11:16 AM  
cdayley

Buddy and I walked 3 miles this morning. DH gets back tonight - Hooray!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 11:57 AM  
Sissy B

Leslie - I would be more than happy to let my DH do all the driving, but that's not going to happen. He's only doing it now because I can only drive short distances before my hand starts bothering me.

Chrys You and your DH have done a lot of traveling this summer.

Deb - Welcome home! I hope you had a great trip!

Friday, DH & I took one of his recliners over to the La-Z-Boy dealer to have it repaired. The foot rest was messed up. They were able to fix it while we were there. After that we went to the Shrimp Basket for supper. We also went to Kohl's and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was looking for pasta bowls and new bath mats. I found the bath mats but had to order the pasta bowls. When DD moved into her apartment I gave her our plates, salad plates and bowls and replaced them with Fiestaware. I was going to mix and match colors, but ended up with a set of Claret (maroon) because Fiestaware had retired that color and Kohl's clearanced it out. I ordered Slate (gray) pasta bowls since they were out of Claret.

Saturday DH bathed the dogs and helped me go through one set of kitchen cabinets. We reorganized those cabinets and collected a box of kitchen items to donate to Goodwill.

Yesterday we went to lunch after church and then came home and took a nap. We were both exhausted. He's back at work today and I've done my first set of at home PT exercises. I have clothes in the dryer and I have unloaded the dishwasher.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 07:34 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I am going to do a 1 mile treadmill walk and TLT Better Burn Better Buns in just a bit. I did lots of running around at work today.

Sissy, sounds like you're getting lots accomplished! That's awesome!

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-19-19, 08:12 PM  
dbclark44

Hello ladies.

Sissy, thanks for remembering when I got home. Sounds like you're making progress with your hand.

Yep, got home today. DH picked me up from the airport at 4, got home at 5 and been slowly unpacking. I did put some pics on fb for those who I am friends with and can see my posts. Had a great visit with family especially my baby brother who I ended up staying with the most because he had the bigger place. It tends to make one of my sisters jealous but I told her he doesn't smoke and his place is bigger.

No walking done but I did work out one day to Cathe Travel Fit and Slim & Limber streaming them from her OnDemand and youtube. So I can honestly say I only worked out 1 day over the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow I get back on track.

Chrys, hope you feel better soon.

Leslie, sorry to hear about your trip cancellation.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 06:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I woke up at 3:30 with my neck spasming, and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm going to do a walking workout and then collapse. I had to sit through a 3 hour meeting this afternoon, so I was snoozy when I got home - yawn!

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-21-19, 05:19 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I thought I checked in the other day, but I guess not. My steps the last week have been abysmal--- a combo of no motivation and too d@mn hot to get outside. The windows were steamed over yesterday morning due to the stupid humidity.

14-Aug-19 6310
15-Aug-19 5729
16-Aug-19 3466
17-Aug-19 11739
18-Aug-19 2311 WHFN Flexposture
19-Aug-19 3503
20-Aug-19 3188 Classical Stretch Season 6, Episode 1
21-Aug-19 Firm Fat Blaster.

Deb, glad you had a good trip. I tried to find your photos on FB but couldn't.

I think the heat is getting ready to break. Thank goodness!
Old 08-22-19, 08:02 AM  
dbclark44

Wed 8/21 - 6600 steps/3 miles; 2 mile treadmill walk; Slim & Limber

I finally got motivated yesterday to do something. Wasn't much but DH motivated me after he got on the tm, I did.

Leslie, I don't think I'm friends with you on fb. My steps are dismal too. I need to get me another step monitor to help motivate me better. How sad is that? I'm addicted to a step counter!

I plan to do a PHA workout today. Love those. Haven't been to a Y class in weeks. Just haven't been in the mood to drive to the Y. And Cathe OnDemand makes working out at home that more enjoyable especially when I cast her to my TV using Chromecast. While IN RI, my brother got his Chromecast working the day I was leaving. It would have been fun to work out to his huge 50 inch TV.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Old 08-22-19, 10:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I spent almost the whole day in meetings (yuck!) so I did 3 miles from Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles tonight.
Steps: 10,932

Deb, I think being addicted to a step counter is an okay addiction
Leslie, it's been hot here too

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-23-19, 07:53 AM  
dbclark44

Thu 8/22 - TM walk 2 miles: Cathe Strong & Sweaty PHA Premix

I'm calling this a premix because I only did 2/3 of the workout. I put it on with the intention of doing the whole workout but wimped out after the first round of group B. She does the first set A three times of 6 exercises then moves on to group B to do the same thing. After doing the first set of group B, I was done. That workout kicked my butt and I know taking 2 weeks off doing practically nothing did not help. But I did something yesterday to make me sweat buckets and gulp for air. I can't sing enough praises for these PHA workouts. They kick butt.

Chrys, I feel the same way about my addiction.

DH and I are headed to Chicago for the weekend. He's gonna go to a Cubs game with my son on Sunday and I plan to just visit with my grand daughters and DIL. My son, DH, and I are planning to go see the movie Angel Has Fallen tomorrow. In preparation for that and to refresh my memory I watched Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen yesterday. Olympus was on Netflix, London was on Primetime but not included with my membership so forked over $3.99 to watch it. Now I'm all caught up. Those were some good movies. Interesting that they're 3 years apart; Olympus came out in 2013, London in 2016, now Angel in 2019.

I plan to do some walking while there. We'll be staying with my son and family this time and not in down town Chicago as we normally do. My son really has a full house although he has 4 bedrooms. My DIL's mom came to live with them after she left her husband. Right now she's back with her husband while he recovers from a medical setback he suffered 2 weeks ago so her bedroom is where we'll be staying. Otherwise if Mary was there we'd stay elsewhere. I told them to put a small bedroom in the basement when they renovated it but they chose not to. I'm a little tweaked about that but it is their house and DH and I will just stay somewhere else when all 4 bedrooms are occupied.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 08-23-19, 10:19 PM  
cdayley

I'm drained after the week with teachers/new student registrations/inservice trainings. I dragged my tired self down to do a 30 MTF cardio workout, and Firm - Express Cardio with Stephanie. Now I'm going to crash.
Steps: 12,049
Deb, sounds like a fun weekend with your family! Travel safe!

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers