Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-19, 10:34 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *August* 2019 Check-In

Welcome to the August 2019 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 08:07 AM  
dbclark44

Happy August ladies!!!!

Yesterday I walked over 10K steps but forgot again to write it down before going to bed.

The day is young and I have already walked 2.5 miles in the park this morning.

Plan to do something else just not sure what since I did weights and legs yesterday.

Sissy, thanks for starting us off on another month again.

Leslie, your trip and time with family and friends sounded wonderful. Seems like you made a lot of special memories. Be safe with the move and don't hurt yourself.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 09:16 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Deb, remind me again---you haven't been able to get the Fitbit dongle to work with your laptop? Mine will still sync with the zip. I call up the Fitbit App program on my laptop and it "talks" to the zip via bluetooth and the steps sync and show up on my phone app and on-line. I still haven't found a way to add steps manually on the rare days I forget the zip. Once a week or so, the phone will randomly sync to the zip via bluetooth just like it used to do. Strange.

I don't plan to do any heavy lifting during the move. My daughter got rid of her furniture when she left Colorado.

No workout yesterday. I had my cycstoscopy yesterday and it was normal. The urologist says since I got the correct antibiotic last time (as indicated by the culture) that will hopefully stop the UTIs!

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and trying to wake up before deciding on my workout. I know I'll walk at the nature trail and also need to do a strength workout. I'll start packing for Baltimore. Actually I didn't unpack from Brooklyn! haha We leave tomorrow morning.
Old 08-02-19, 02:08 PM  
dbclark44

Thu 8/1 - 8600 steps/3.8 miles
Today - Park walk 64 min/3.12 miles; Cathe Strong & Sweaty PHA

Another sweat drippin' PHA workout with Cathe this morning. I am loving these type workouts. They work me over good and I love that I'm getting in upper and lower body work along with the cardio effect from the switching from lower to upper. These are really great workouts.

Leslie, I'm done with the zip blue tooth deal. I try and remember to write down my steps and if not oh well. I'm gonna upgrade to the flex soon and be totally done with the zip.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 08-02-19, 02:19 PM  
Sissy B

Deb - Sorry you're still having trouble getting your Zip to sync. Instead of the Flex you might want to look at the Inspire. It can be worn as a wrist tracker or a clip-on. That's probably what I'm going to get DD for Christmas. Her Alta has died. I don't see the Flex on their list of available products anymore.
Old 08-03-19, 09:35 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Deb - Sorry you're still having trouble getting your Zip to sync. Instead of the Flex you might want to look at the Inspire. It can be worn as a wrist tracker or a clip-on. That's probably what I'm going to get DD for Christmas. Her Alta has died. I don't see the Flex on their list of available products anymore.
Thanks for the suggestion and update Sissy. didn't know about the Flex since I haven't even started looking into them yet. Inspire sounds like a definite option.

Yesterday step count was apprx 9000 steps/4 miles.

Nothing yet today. Missed my morning opportunity to walk in cooler temps before the sun came up so, I'll be doing something from home if I don't decide to make it a rest day. Although I leave out Monday morning for 2 weeks in RI to visit with my siblings and not sure how much I'll get to work out so I probably should do something today and tomorrow. Need to be sure and pack a couple of my bands and leg walkers so I can at least do something that doesn't require hand weights.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 08-04-19, 05:42 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We're home. I walked each day, and did lots of Piper and baby holding/carrying. DH worked super hard with DS to refinish a huge deck. I'm so upset about all the shootings in this country - I told DH that I may retire as soon as I can because I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before one hits a local school.
Deb, your fb is a Zip? I don't have a dongle for that one I use the One.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 05:51 PM  
Sissy B

Chrys - The dongle is the same for all the Fitbits - we have had several versions.
Old 08-04-19, 06:28 PM  
dbclark44

Yes Chrys, it's the Zip and like Sissy said, the dongles are all the same.

I didn't do anything yesterday and doubt I'll motivate myself to do anything this evening seeing as it's already after 6.

DH and I went out to dinner last night and met up with 3 other couples for dinner at a local Shoguns. It's an oriental restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you. Sort of like a Beni Hana which I last ate at in Hawaii. The food was good, but the restaurant was loud and smokey from all the cooking and expensive at $99 for just DH and I. But that did include appetizers and 2 glasses of wine. We indulged ourselves. Very seldom do we spend that much to eat out, so it was a definite extravagant.

I fly to RI in the morning so may be out of synch for the next 2 weeks. I do have my tablet and will try using that to check in from time to time.

Have a great week ladies and stay safe.

Old 08-07-19, 06:11 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We traveled back Sunday, and I had trigger point injections on Monday. I didn't feel like doing anything yesterday after those. Today, I'm going to do some light cardio. I've been doing work stuff on the computer at home, and I'm definitely not ready to go back!! We start on Friday.

I thought the dongle was the part you put the fitbit in to charge it - you're talking about the part that plugs into the computer? I can look at see if I have one of those.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers