Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-17, 04:12 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Welcome back, Diane! We are all rooting for you! Please PM me as well if you are looking for anything special. I always love to pay it forward as so many times I have been the recipient of VF generosity.
Same here. Maybe you can post your interests and we can send you something. I would love to share from my collection with you. Much love and hugs for you.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:36 PM  
diggerholliday

Not good with the words
So, ATTA GIRL! You are brave and courageous and you can do this.

I agree with everyone else, post some of your likes or pm me and I might have it to send your way.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:39 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Welcome back! I'd be happy to send you some DVDs.
Please send me a PM!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Welcome back to VF, Diane! You've been through so much, you deserve extra smooth sailing from here on in. Anything we can do to help, just let us know.
Attagirl!!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:54 PM  
nycdiane

Oh my goodness, I've never been good at accepting help and I truly am overwhelmed by all the kindness! I just PM'd two people, and it took all my will power to accept their offers rather than say, "No, never mind, I'll be okay" -- because even though I have been through the wringer, I don't feel deserving! I don't even know how to say yes to such offers, and I sure hope I don't come off as grubby.

I then came back here to see so many more sweet, kind offers and most of you don't even know me. Thank you, all.

I am tearing up right now. I really don't know what else to say. I'm a bit embarrassed about having written what I did. I don't have much faith in myself these days, and it is so easy to give up, but with all of you rooting for me, maybe I can get through this and actually change things around.

nycdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:53 PM  
mrsyancy

ATTAGIRL!!!!! (Sorry, I'm not not good with words, but very proud that you haven't given up)

P.s. I would also love to send something your way out of my extensive library of Dvds. Please let us know your interests
Old 07-27-17, 07:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

welcome home, and sorry to hear about your challenges!

there are a lot of threads with free youtube workouts, and the VF tagging system can also help you find them:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/tag...utube+channels

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 08:34 PM  
nycdiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
welcome home, and sorry to hear about your challenges!

there are a lot of threads with free youtube workouts, and the VF tagging system can also help you find them:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/tag...utube+channels
Thank you - that's a great idea! Unfortunately, there's not much I can watch online because I've only got very limited funds for my internet right now and videos eat up a lot of data. So for now, DVDs work best for me (I haven't even watched TV in about 6 years). When I'm in better shape financially, I plan on getting more internet and TV again, and I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Edited to add: I just realized I could download a few when I'm using wifi at Sbux or elsewhere, and then play them on my laptop when I'm home. Duh!

nycdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 09:06 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

DIANE!!!!! DIANE DIANE DIANE DIANE DIANEDIANEDIANEDIANE!!!

so good to see you. ugh, life can be awful sometimes... the tales we could tell if we sat down together over a cup of coffee would shock and amaze. You have ALL my sympathies, and if you don't have much faith in yourself, that's OK. You only need just enough to do the next 10 minutes of working out. That's all. And if you don't have it, I have it for you. so here ya go:

ATTA GIRL, DIANE!!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 09:09 PM  
jusca

That's awesome you've decided to dip your toes back into exercise. One day (or minute, or second ) at a time, you'll get to where you want to be health-wise again. I can relate to the ups & downs of your post. Good for you on taking it easy to readjust!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, depression, restarting, trauma, weight loss